HELP! P5N-D 750i (nForce), is it even compatible?

79 posts in this topic

sorry for later reply than i said the 10.5.5 update should fix it but i'm also will be trying the voodoo kernel which may help i found most kernels caused problems i currently an using the nforce kernel from iatkos the one for sse3 and not the core 2 one and freezes are almost gone after about an hour now but i have gotten longer. Will continue to post my findings and in next post will say what's disabled in bios as well as new kernel results;

Cool :) I think it's really time that the nForce works, especially the 750i, At least it is a lot more stable now;)

I'll wait for your results :D

Cool :D I think it's really time that the nForce works, especially the 750i, At least it is a lot more stable now;)

I'll wait for your results :)

Hi there,

How is the stability of your sytem as regards data transfer to/from HDDs.......the LAN/system stability issues with current onboard LAN drivers are well known...... :)

updated to 10.5.5 and used the stageXNU kernel with nforce test chipset kext usb2.0 controller fix (used Mysticus C* installer patches) and still haven't tried the lan because i used wireless but i could and my bios is default with 1394a and extended sata controller disabled but i think only the first things needs to be second i have used osx with it turned on but slower boot. Any problems just say or PM

Hi there,

How is the stability of your sytem as regards data transfer to/from HDDs.......the LAN/system stability issues with current onboard LAN drivers are well known...... :D

the HDD's are perfectly fine...copy/move/delete goes with normal speed, just like vista...they are always detected..same goes with DVD...HDD is SATA and DVD is IDE..

updated to 10.5.5 and used the stageXNU kernel with nforce test chipset kext usb2.0 controller fix (used Mysticus C* installer patches) and still haven't tried the lan because i used wireless but i could and my bios is default with 1394a and extended sata controller disabled but i think only the first things needs to be second i have used osx with it turned on but slower boot. Any problems just say or PM

Did your system freeze aswell before you tried anyting? cause that's my main problem...if that's fixed I can always get the Apple USB Ethernet adapter, but it's useless if I get freezes...

And how is your system now?

yep my system would freeze randomly some time 1second sometimes an hour or more and it wouldn't kernel panic just freeze and it would never unfreeze again only a restart would fix it but it now gone it's been running over 3 hours no problems so it's fixed or a very good timing running unfrozen. only think when running system update system slowed for 3or 4seconds then fine and the kernel shows the wrong possessor speed i think.

Otherwise nforce 7 boards are os86 compatiable

yep my system would freeze randomly some time 1second sometimes an hour or more and it wouldn't kernel panic just freeze and it would never unfreeze again only a restart would fix it but it now gone it's been running over 3 hours no problems so it's fixed or a very good timing running unfrozen. only think when running system update system slowed for 3or 4seconds then fine and the kernel shows the wrong possessor speed i think.

Otherwise nforce 7 boards are os86 compatiable

What did you do exaclty then? Cause I ran my PC for over three hours without freezes aswell yesterday, but then I tried some nForce ethernet kexts, and thet froze my PC after a while...I guess I'll have to live without onboard LAN...

How did you get 10.5.5 to work?

im on Kalway 10.5.3, I tried to install prior update then update then finally post update

after everything installed I restarted and the computer tries to boot but restarts right after Darwin before going into the white screen.. It stays in that loop

How did you get 10.5.5 to work?

im on Kalway 10.5.3, I tried to install prior update then update then finally post update

after everything installed I restarted and the computer tries to boot but restarts right after Darwin before going into the white screen.. It stays in that loop

@ kenkenc

@ ASNNetworks

@ lastowl

What I believe would be helpful to you all with the 750i MOBO is what I am trying to achieve in my newly started thread on nForce Series 7 chipsets is to establish a database of BIOS settings that enable OS X Leopard to run properly (LAN and SATA driver issues aside...).....so could I ask you all to post your BIOS settings in that thread......I have given a BIOS template that you could copy and repost with your BIOS settings........if we see where there are differences we can then check them out as mattering or not........ :blink:

My motherboard settings don't really match your list. But everything is stock setting except disabling of IDE

My list is a composite list so under 750i it has the settings for different 750i MOBOs in the same column; e.g. the Asus 750i BIOS layout is different from the EVGA 750i BIOS layout which is similar to MSI 750i BIOS layout.......but readers should be able to see which of the listed parameters match their particular BIOS layout......I did it this way because I am not able (due to time constraints and not having every MOBO manual etc.) to list all the relevant BIOS settings for each of the four Series 7 nForce chipset for all of the nForce chipset MOBO manufacturers!.....I hope you understand...... :)

cpu internal thermal control [auto]

limit cpuid maxval [disabled]

enhanced c1 (c1e) [disabled

execute disabled bit [enabled]

visualization technology [disabled]

cpu multiplier [9x]

enhanced intel speestep tech [disabled

hd audio [enabled]

front panel support [ac97]

onboard nvidia lan [enabled]

onboard lan boot rom [disabled]

onboard 1394 [enabled]

serial prot1 address [3f8/irq4]

parallel port address [378/irq7]

parallel port mode [epp]

onchip ide channel 10 [disabled]

onchip ide channel 11 [disabled]

ide dma tranger access [disabled]

sata controller 1,2 [enabled]

sata dma transfer [enabled]

sata port 3,4 [enabled]

sata2 dma transfer [enabled]

ide prefetch mode [disabled]

usb controller [enabled]

usb legacy support [enabled]

usb 2.0 controller [enabled]

more or less everything works.. still stuck on 10.5.3 when I installed 10.5.5 goes into a restart loop.. like if I installed Vanilla.

cpus=1 makes the whole system very stable... but with all cores running its good enough. Seldom crashes

so did any of you people test/check the iDeneb 1.3 with applied nforce ppf file on p5n-d?

in addition can those people who have haxintzhhhh running post here which bios version they are using..?

0801 is the most recent to date..

I have no idea what iDeneb 1.3 is...I read about it somewhere, but didn't look into it...

I use the 9.4.0 XNU Kernel at the moment...I solved the freezes by not installing any nForce LAN drivers/kexts...However I get kernel panics after an hour of internet usage, using either a USB WiFi or a PCI Ethernet Card...

I have the Asus P5N-D (750i nForce) by the way ;)

hey guys i havent been on here for a while i have had my 10.5.3 on my p5n-d for almost 9 months now. this is what i did: install leo4all v2 like normal just checked the box for the alc883 and then afterwords i booted in my second hdd and i took the kalyway appleNFORCE.ktext and used macrdriive to replace it.then i booted with -x and it worked. thats all i had to do everything works iono about ethernet though i have a wireless card adn that workd otb(dwa-552)

Running 10.5.5 now

Kalyway 10.5.2 > combo update 10.5.3 > combo update to 10.5.5

Everything runs good... once in a while it freezes and OR kernel panics... sometimes more frequent and sometimes less frequent.

What can you do.. waiting for someone to figure out how to stop it period :wacko:

Totaly throwing this out here (as in i have no idea what im talking about) but since we both used other drivers to get it working the first time why wouldn't it work again like shuffle through some other releases and see if you can find some other drivers