HELP! P5N-D 750i (nForce), is it even compatible?

79 posts in this topic

I would try looking for other drivers to intsall intstead of just the ones given to you i think that would solve the majority of the problems. Like Try bringing over by usb or internet what ever is working some new .kext's to see if those will work

@ asnNetorks i know this sounds like a pain in the butt but you could always try just geting a new PCI ethernet card there so cheap now just order one off of newegg and make sure its compatable first

That's the problem....The Realtek 8169 works out of the box, but I get kernel panics after an hour. It has nothing to do with the card itself, since I get kernel panics when I use a supported USB WiFi, and kexts for my onboard LAN...

Anyway, I'm using the Voodoo XNU Beta 2 kernel now, I'll try the USB WiFi to see if I get kernel panics...(can't test the PCI sine I returned it, and the onboard LAN gives me random freezes now)

That's the problem....The Realtek 8169 works out of the box, but I get kernel panics after an hour. It has nothing to do with the card itself, since I get kernel panics when I use a supported USB WiFi, and kexts for my onboard LAN...

Anyway, I'm using the Voodoo XNU Beta 2 kernel now, I'll try the USB WiFi to see if I get kernel panics...(can't test the PCI sine I returned it, and the onboard LAN gives me random freezes now)

I think it is a MOBO chipset/kernel "combo" issue as I run my Netgear Realtek 8169 NIC on my 650i MOBO without KPs for hours on end.....it works for TOH 9.2.0, 9.4.0 StageXNU.....

• 3 weeks later...

All is well:

Installed iAtkos v2.0i with no graphics, 8139 networking, no audio, nforce_core kernel, darwin efi bootloader, remove thermal kexts, disk mounter patch, and of course main files. Installed, normal boot results in kernel panic, used -x, and removed nvdaresman.kext and geforce.kext. Rebooted into safe mode, and installed nforce drivers pack as well as biketowns update to 10.5.5 with stage xnu kernel. Downloaded Pacifist, popped in the Kalyway 10.5.2 disc, and extracted audio drivers. Running great, no (really annoying, hair pulling, extremely discontening) freezes, or kernel panics. Downloaded and installed nforcelan drivers and BAM! Freeze. Rebooted, removed, and now enjoying life on OS X. Will update in case of freezes or panics. Note: Planning on purchasing a new system in February: Gigabyte DS3 (I forget which revision), 2.4 Q6600 (or other, quad core), 4 GB 1200 MHz RAM, 8800 GTS, as well as some nice heatsinks for overclocking/silence. Life is good.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I also have a Asus P5N-D Motherboard and have kalyway 10.5.2 fully working on the motherboard. My specs are

-Motherboard: Asus P5N-D

-CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.40GHz

-Chipset: Nvidia nforce 750i SLI

-Ram: 4GB DDR2 dual channel ram

-Video card: Nvidia GeForce 8400GS

I installed it with the nforce kernel and I also did not apply and patches for the 4gb ram and I do not need to use the cpus=1 to boot. I also got the onboard Lan working with the nforceLAN.kext and I install it with kexthelperb7 it is in the application section when you click customize before you install kalyway 10.5.2.. Oh ya and all the stuff you need is on this page. I was having the same problem but it all stopped when I set my bios to the the setting in this link there are also the nforceLan.kext and other helpful info if u go to this link http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=127212 . Hope this helps it shure did for me. O ya and I am going to try out boot 132 tonight to try and install a real copy of Mac OS X Leopard on my Asus P5N-D mobo will be back later to post the results. and If you would like to Dual boot mac and vista or xp then make the first os to boot is windows then install easybcd in windows and go to add and remove then make a entry for mac then ur all done next boot select mac osx then select the partation mac is installed on then hit enter and not ur duasl booting windows and kalyway/leopard.

Does anyone actually know WHAT exactly causes the random freezes?? I personaly think it has something to do with the nForce LAN and probably something else...

Hey, it has to do with ur bios settings I have a Asus P5N-d to and I was getting freezing and also not booting up after install. But after I set my bios to the right settings is installed perfect. You can find the settings here http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=127212 Hope this helps.

Anyone getting more then 2 channel sound?

Anyone using more then 3gb of ram ?

other then that we came along way with this board. Thanks to everyone!

Replied to your other post......try Voodoo kernel with slashack nForceATA kext.....see here in post #1......I am running 650i with 6GB RAM....... :thumbsup_anim:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...