nForce LAN driver

eno

740 posts in this topic

I've installed the 0.62.11n driver with OSX68Tools, and the PC freezes when i click the 'restart' button on the OSX86Tools. And then if i manualy reset the PC, i get a panic.

So, i restarted in safe mode, removed the driver, and restarts ok.

My Mobo is an Gigabyte GA-73vm-s2 (Chipset: NVIDIA® GeForce 7050/nForce 610i - Lan: RTL 8201N)

Someone can help me, plz? :)

(sorry about the bad english)

Hi, I also have the RTL8201N, I used the nforce 0.62.6n driver. works perfect for me, I also had some trouble with the other nforce drivers.. Could be worth a try.

the driver is available on the first post in this topic..

I've installed the 0.62.11n driver with OSX68Tools, and the PC freezes when i click the 'restart' button on the OSX86Tools. And then if i manualy reset the PC, i get a panic.

So, i restarted in safe mode, removed the driver, and restarts ok.

My Mobo is an Gigabyte GA-73vm-s2 (Chipset: NVIDIA® GeForce 7050/nForce 610i - Lan: RTL 8201N)

Someone can help me, plz? :rolleyes:

(sorry about the bad english)

I am using the same MOBO as you do, and i got the same problem with you, why not try eno's suggestion above?

Okay definitely no crash reporter popping up.

I restarted my PC - turned off the second port.

Boot into my windows installation to see the Mac Address there (turns out it's the same one I told you 04:4B:80:80:80:03)

Now when I look in system profiler I still have all 3 ethernet ports but only one has a mac address the other two don't have almost any information about 'em. So en0 and en2 are not supposed to be there.... en1 currently has an ip.

Wow, that kext worked to make up a random Mac.

en0 - 00:00:80:6c:b3:26

The other two ports are still there.... not sure wtf they are but I'll try to download something right now and see how long I can go on this without my switch crapping out.

Thanks.

Are you still up and running?

If not I think I have a way to diagnose your connection problem as I am now seeing what may be the same loss of internet with my MCP55.

It seems that after some random amount of time connected I loose the ability to connect via http to my router I can connect to the internet and my the other machines on my LAN. Sometime later my router stops responding to pings and dns requests but I can still connect to the internet (I have to put enter comcast dns server in my network preferences instead of using the router). Also, I loose the ability to connect to any of the other devices on my LAN. Does this sound anything like your problem?

Hi, I also have the RTL8201N, I used the nforce 0.62.6n driver. works perfect for me, I also had some trouble with the other nforce drivers.. Could be worth a try.

the driver is available on the first post in this topic..

I am using the same MOBO as you do, and i got the same problem with you, why not try eno's suggestion above?

I tryed installing the 0.62.6n, and got the same problem. The PC justs freezes right after installing the kext. I had tryed with OSX86Tools and KextHelper.

Edit:

Well, i finally made it installed. I just had updated the kernel from 9.2.0 to 9.2.2.

But, now it says that the cable isn't connected even with the cable connected... :P

Are you still up and running?

If not I think I have a way to diagnose your connection problem as I am now seeing what may be the same loss of internet with my MCP55.

It seems that after some random amount of time connected I loose the ability to connect via http to my router I can connect to the internet and my the other machines on my LAN. Sometime later my router stops responding to pings and dns requests but I can still connect to the internet (I have to put enter comcast dns server in my network preferences instead of using the router). Also, I loose the ability to connect to any of the other devices on my LAN. Does this sound anything like your problem?

The problem is similar: it seems I'll be online - torrenting/ chatting/ browsing and i'll notice first Adium can't connect and right away I can't get a site up. When I re-lease an ip it still gets the same ip but I haven't tried pinging other devices on my network so not sure what happens.

What I attempted to do was use wiresharck to monitor my NIC and i'd maybe see something good. I was capturing for a while - started a torrent that was going at 1.3 Mb/s at one point and this time (unlike all the other times) I got a kernel panic. But when I restart it just logs in normally (i'm not able to find out what the kernel panic was about). So not sure... I'm talking with my boss (the network engineer for a university about what could be it - he was going to look at the traffic with me to see what's up but none of the traffic was saved in wireshark due to the kp)

I need to get sleep now but I will attempt tomorrow again.

Remember, for me it's the un-administerable switch that goes down:

Comcast > Modem > Linksys Router/Switch > Linksys 8port workgroup switch > PC

It's the Workgroup switch that craps out every time.... Such a weird problem.

Good job! I tried the newest version for my ASUS M2N-E NForce 570 ULTRA and it worked but after a reboot, internet stopped working. I reinstalled the kext and rebooted and it worked. I tried rebooting again and it stopped working. NOw, even if I resintall it, internet won't work. Would adding my ID to info.plist help? If so, how can I find it?

EDIT: I get the yellow NO IP ADDRESS thing...

EDIT 2: I forgot to say that the 2 times I did have internet, SysPrefs was saying it was my AirPort even though I have no wireless thingy on my desktop... Weird...

I went to the System Profiler and looked at the Network settings and it didn't tell me what my network card was... It sucks to have the best OS but without internet! :) I hope that you will be able to fix this. BTW, I have a Linskys WRT54G router. I reseted everything in my Network settings so the DNS is entered.

I went to the System Profiler and looked at the Network settings and it didn't tell me what my network card was... It sucks to have the best OS but without internet! :rolleyes: I hope that you will be able to fix this. BTW, I have a Linskys WRT54G router. I reseted everything in my Network settings so the DNS is entered.

You might try disabling MSI in the Info.plist by setting DisableMSI to true.

Hey,

Just wanted to know if there was any progress on the upload problem =)

Thanks again!

I fixed one possible cause of the connection drop but I am still seeing some problems. I hope to have the problem fixed in the next couple of days.

The attached driver is a combination of planetbeing's nForce4 0.3c driver and the forcedeth 0.61 driver from linux 2.6.27. In theory the attached driver should work with any of the network adapters supported by the forcedeth 0.61 driver (from the nForce1 to the MCP79) but it has so far only been tested with my MCP55. This driver can be considered a replacement for both forcedeth.kext and nForce

Source:

0.62.8 (source)

This driver has completely fixed my cpus=1 problem and I am very happy because my other lan card just broke, but now i can use this one without issues (so far). I have a Gigabyte M51GM-S2G

You might try disabling MSI in the Info.plist by setting DisableMSI to true.

I fixed one possible cause of the connection drop but I am still seeing some problems. I hope to have the problem fixed in the next couple of days.

In your driver??? Ok, I'll try that when I'll get home. Thanks! Good job again! ALso, what would this do; make my internet work or make my ethernet card(Motherboard) show up in the systen profiler??

help sad.gif

my internet doesn't work anymore ö

It doesn't find my airport card anymore, I Tried to reinstall it by doing this:

http://www.neonkoala.co.uk/index.php?optio...ss&Itemid=3

Didn't helped

and it doesn't find my lan cable anymore, every time I restart it says that it found a new ethernetport and that I have to click apply, when I do it says cable is not plugged in

but it is plugged in !!

And when I do more about this mac it says no info available about the airport card sad.gif

When I restarted today and yesterday no problem, the internet kept working and now I put it in sleep and It is gone sad.gif

this is my startup log:

npvhash=4095

hi mem tramps at 0xffe00000

PAE enabled

64 bit mode enabled

rtclock_init: Taking bus ratio path 4 (Intel / Apple)

TSC: Frequency = 2399.956677MHz, bus frequency = 266.661853MHz, multiplier = 9

Darwin Kernel Version 9.5.0: Tue Oct 14 07:39:11 IST 2008; Voodoo; Beta 2c :xnu-1228.7.58/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386

standard timeslicing quantum is 10000 us

vm_page_bootstrap: 974411 free pages and 74165 wired pages

mig_table_max_displ = 79

AppleACPICPU: ProcessorApicId=0 LocalApicId=0 Enabled

AppleACPICPU: ProcessorApicId=1 LocalApicId=3 Enabled

AppleACPICPU: ProcessorApicId=2 LocalApicId=1 Enabled

AppleACPICPU: ProcessorApicId=3 LocalApicId=2 Enabled

Loading security extension com.apple.security.TMSafetyNet

calling mpo_policy_init for TMSafetyNet

Security policy loaded: Safety net for Time Machine (TMSafetyNet)

Loading security extension com.apple.nke.applicationfirewall

Loading security extension com.apple.security.seatbelt

calling mpo_policy_init for mb

Seatbelt MACF policy initialized

Security policy loaded: Seatbelt Policy (mb)

Copyright © 1982, 1986, 1989, 1991, 1993

The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.

MAC Framework successfully initialized

using 16384 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers

[TSC] delta: 28, skipping synchronization. (CPU1)

[TSC] delta: -202, skipping synchronization. (CPU2)

[TSC] delta: -224, skipping synchronization. (CPU3)

IOAPIC: Version 0x11 Vectors 64:87

ACPI: System State [s0 S3 S4 S5] (S3)

SMBIOS: EFI bootloader

mbinit: done

Security auditing service present

BSM auditing present

From path: "uuid",

Waiting for boot volume with UUID 073F3450-806A-3DA7-99FF-1C3387557265

Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>

AppleNForceATA: sata phy reset done.

AppleNForceATA: found 1 units.

AppleNForceATA: sata phy reset done.

AppleNForceATA: NVIDIA nForce MCP 51 by MeDevil (CMD 0x170, CTR 0x374, IRQ 15, BM 0xf408)

AppleNForceATA: NVIDIA nForce MCP 51 Serial ATA by MeDevil (CMD 0x9e0, CTR 0xbe0, IRQ 23, BM 0xcc00)

USBF: 2.886 AppleUSBOHCI[0x608a800]::CheckSleepCapability - OHCI controller will be unloaded across sleep

AppleNForceATA: NVIDIA nForce MCP 51 Serial ATA by MeDevil (CMD 0x960, CTR 0xb60, IRQ 23, BM 0xcc08)

AppleNForceATA: NVIDIA nForce MCP 51 by MeDevil (CMD 0x1f0, CTR 0x3f4, IRQ 14, BM 0xf400)

Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/IDE0@D/AppleNForceATARoot/SEC0@1/AppleNForceATA/ATADeviceNub@0/AppleATADiskDriver/IOATABlockStorageDevice/IOBlockStorageDriver/Maxtor 6Y080L0 Maxtor 6Y080L0/IOFDiskPartitionScheme/Untitled 1@1

BSD root: disk0s1, major 14, minor 1

AppleNForceATA: warning: phy connection failed. status=0x00000000

AppleNForceATA: found 0 units.

Jettisoning kernel linker.

Resetting IOCatalogue.

Matching service count = 2

jnl: unknown-dev: flushing fs disk buffer returned 0x5

NVDANV50HAL loaded and registered.

Apple16X50ACPI1: Identified Serial Port on ACPI Device=UAR1

Apple16X50UARTSync1: Detected 16550AF/C/CF FIFO=16 MaxBaud=115200

ALCinject: Starting.

ALCinject: Setting built-in=<data not shown>

ALCinject: Setting layout-id=<data not shown>

nForceLAN: found nVidia MCP51 Ethernet Controller device 10de:0269 with flags 0x0000030b

nForce_Ethernet: WARNING - your nVidia device 0x10DE:0x0269 is not known to work, but it could be supported in the future. Please contact the coder. Continuing anyway...

nForceLAN: Version 0.62.11 starting

nForceLAN: found nForce LAN with MAC: 00:1E:8C:89:D5:68.

NTFS driver 2.1 [Flags: R/O].

NTFS volume name , version 3.1.

com_nvidia_ethernet: Ethernet address 00:1e:8c:89:d5:68

nForceLAN: Ethernet address 00:1e:8c:89:d5:68

my lan cable lights up when I start up my pc but at the moment I come on my desktop it stops.

and wifi card and ethernet works in vista... please help me guys !

help sad.gif

my internet doesn't work anymore ö

It doesn't find my airport card anymore, I Tried to reinstall it by doing this:

http://www.neonkoala.co.uk/index.php?optio...ss&Itemid=3

Didn't helped

and it doesn't find my lan cable anymore, every time I restart it says that it found a new ethernetport and that I have to click apply, when I do it says cable is not plugged in

but it is plugged in !!

And when I do more about this mac it says no info available about the airport card sad.gif

When I restarted today and yesterday no problem, the internet kept working and now I put it in sleep and It is gone sad.gif

this is my startup log:

my lan cable lights up when I start up my pc but at the moment I come on my desktop it stops.

and wifi card and ethernet works in vista... please help me guys !

Delete the nForce_Ethernet kext. It is interfering with nForceLAN.

Eno, I disabled MSI but I still don't have internet on my M2N-E NForce 570 Ultra... My card won't even show up in the SysProfiler under Network... Is there anything else I can try?

EDIT: Is there a way to turn on Airport even though it doesn't detect it at boot because when I do get internet, it appears as Airport even though no wireless adapters are plugged in my desktop... BUt I do have a wireless G adapter if I need one...

EDIT: Weird... I get a No IP Address error in the Network prefpane, but my light on the back of my PC for the ethernet cable isn't turned on... I get internet on XP... Also, in the prefpane, it says that I have 1 Built-in port!

The only driver that seems to work on my EVGA 650i Ultra is the nforce Ethernet Driver, but I get KP after about 15min or so or when i try to download a big file.

Neither of the Forcedeth drivers work for me. The new neo nforce driver shows ethernet and connection staus but wont connect to the isp or internet at all even with correct info installed. Any clue how to fix this or what driver to use. Also how do you uninstall a driver kext once you install it.

Edit: So nvm - even at 50kb it started crapping out.

Also, I did notice what you mentioned. I first lose connectivity with my firefox but I'm still able to chat in adium for a little bit. And finally it all gives out and I have to reset the switch.

Sounds like the same problem and I think I have it solved... The outputPacket function had some problems which are now fixed. Can you try 0.62.12 and let me it fixes the problem for you?

The only driver that seems to work on my EVGA 650i Ultra is the nforce Ethernet Driver, but I get KP after about 15min or so or when i try to download a big file.

Neither of the Forcedeth drivers work for me. The new neo nforce driver shows ethernet and connection staus but wont connect to the isp or internet at all even with correct info installed. Any clue how to fix this or what driver to use. Also how do you uninstall a driver kext once you install it.

The nForceLAN driver should work for you. Remove all versions of forcedeth.kext and nForceEthernet.kext from your /System/Library/Extensions folder then install nForceLAN 0.62.12 and delete your /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.network.identification.plist then reboot.

eno, great update for 11n. works perfect mostly and no kernel panics where as the last few didn't really work for me. thank you.

now, it only cuts out when i do network heavy tasks (torrents) and gives me a self assigned IP after a bit.

This problem should be gone as of 0.62.12 ;)

I checked my startup log and it seems like ti does detect my card but there are some errors:

: NVIDIA nForce MCP 55 Serial ATA by MeDevil (CMD 0x9f0, CTR 0xbf0, IRQ 23, BM 0xdc00)
Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/SAT1@5/AppleNForceATARoot/PRI0@0/AppleNForceATA/ATADeviceNub@0/AppleATADiskDriver/IOATABlockStorageDevice/IOBlockStorageDriver/WDC WD2500KS-00MJB0 WDC WD2500KS-00MJB0/IOFDiskPartitionScheme/Untitled 3@3
BSD root: disk0s3, major 14, minor 4
Jettisoning kernel linker.
Resetting IOCatalogue.
USBF:	34.509	AppleUSBEHCI[0x39ce800]::Found a transaction which hasn't moved in 5 seconds on bus 0x22, timing out! (Addr: 3, EP: 0)
USBF:	34.811	IOUSBCompositeDriver[0x3bb3b00](USB Flash Memory) GetFullConfigDescriptor(0) returned NULL
Matching service count = 8
HUB0: family specific matching fails
SAT1: family specific matching fails
SAT2: family specific matching fails
SAT3: family specific matching fails
IDE0: family specific matching fails
XVR0: family specific matching fails
display: family specific matching fails
SMB0: family specific matching fails
LEG0: family specific matching fails
USB0: family specific matching fails
USB2: family specific matching fails
AZAD: family specific matching fails
MMAC: family specific matching fails
pci10de,369: family specific matching fails
Matching service count = 38
NVDANV30HAL loaded and registered.
NVDANV50HAL loaded and registered.
SAT2: family specific matching fails
SAT3: family specific matching fails
IDE0: family specific matching fails
XVR0: family specific matching fails
SMB0: family specific matching fails
LEG0: family specific matching fails
USB0: family specific matching fails
pci10de,369: family specific matching fails
HUB0: family specific matching fails
SAT1: family specific matching fails
USB2: family specific matching fails
Apple16X50ACPI1: Identified Serial Port on ACPI Device=UAR1
Apple16X50UARTSync1: Detected 16550AF/C/CF FIFO=16 MaxBaud=115200
display: family specific matching fails
------------------------------
NVKush: By DiaboliK
NVKush: I Can Has Model? Detected
NVkush: a DiaboliK Joint
------------------------------
nForceLAN: found nVidia MCP55 Ethernet Controller device 10de:0373 with flags 0x000935ff
nForceLAN: Version 0.62.11 starting
nForceLAN: found nForce LAN with MAC: 00:1E:8C:3E:27:13.
AZAD: family specific matching fails
dsmos: Initializing...
dsmos: Hook and decryption contexts set!
dsmos: Starting...
CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=40[loginwindow] clearing CS_VALID
CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=38[mds] clearing CS_VALID
nForceLAN: Ethernet address 00:1e:8c:3e:27:13
CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=52[configd] clearing CS_VALID
CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=70[ATSServer] clearing CS_VALID
NTFS driver 2.1 [Flags: R/O].
CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=81[mdworker] clearing CS_VALID
CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=84[lssave] clearing CS_VALID
CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=85[mdworker] clearing CS_VALID
CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=90[lssave] clearing CS_VALID
CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=121[Dock] clearing CS_VALID
CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=124[SystemUIServer] clearing CS_VALID
CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=125[Finder] clearing CS_VALID
CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=126[ATSServer] clearing CS_VALID
udf error: FindLastSession: ReadTrackInfo(track 1 of 1) returned 5
CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=138[lssave] clearing CS_VALID

NOTE: Is it possible to wrap the code in spoiler???

EDIT: Ohh... THe errors come from my NTFS drive... SOrry. THen what is the prob???

The nForceLAN driver should work for you. Remove all versions of forcedeth.kext and nForceEthernet.kext from your /System/Library/Extensions folder then install nForceLAN 0.62.12 and delete your /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.network.identification.plist then reboot.

You Sir are simply brilliant! Did as you described rebooted seen that I had no led activity, I said ooh {censored} here we go again. I went ahead and manually added my info and it's working perfect with no KP. Whoopee. Thanks man I owe you one!

12 version works fine about 5 minutes - I will to test it whole night.

eno, for kernel StageXNU 9.4.0 on AMD I have wrote in com.apple.Boot.plist boot setting: idlehalt=0 - only with this parameter your drivers works without freezes.