USB 2.0 for Leopard 10.5.7

Slice

390 posts in this topic

For me sleep, S3 Mode (suspend to RAM, set in BIOS) and wake up works.

Using Slice drivers 3.2.8. with 10.5.6 system, GA-EP35-DS3 board.

At least my logitechs USB keyboard can wakeup my GA-EP 35.

I have NO errors logged about USB when sleep/wakeuop.

Only (a bit ? ) my USB mouse logitech laser cant wake up my pc - the red lasersensor light of mouse is off while sleep. ( So it cant detect movement?)

Both using same UHCI Ports (USB 1.1 for that slow devices).

I dont know if it was before (10.5.5, now 10.5.6) but the USB mouse is showb as USB-PS/2 Mouse ?!

USB-Hochgeschwindigkeitsbus (DE) = USB-HighSpeedbus

Bild_185.jpg

For me sleep, S3 Mode (suspend to RAM, set in BIOS) and wake up works.

I use hibernatemode 0,but still doesnt work.I mean i have to use the laptop keyboard to wake it up.

I only replaced only the OHCI,UHCI and EHCI but not the USBMassStorage kext.

I had replaced the vanilla ones thinking that the USB devices will be able to wake the PC from sleep.

Is there any way to increase the trace level or debug level on USB (UHCI) interface only.May be more detailed messages will reveal the cause ?

As for my specs : I have HP Laptop dv6114tx with 945mobile chipset,Intel core duo 1.66 GHz,2GB DDR2 RAM,nVidia GeForce Go 7400 with VRAM = 256MB.

I dont know if this the right place for this but i made an important observation recently.

I deleted the VDC plugin(after reading Diabolik's post to get integrated webcams to work on laptops).As soon as i did,in system profiler,in USB section i get a new "Miscellaneous Device". The device and vendor ids are detected properly only that the camera does not work.Its a ricoh device and uses USB interface on HP laptops.

Then i even changed the device/vendor ids in the USBVideoSupport .kext plugin inside USBFamily.kext but in vain ?

Any ideas ?

:)

New idea! :(

Try to delete/disable AppleHPET and AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.

AFAIK it conflicts with some devices: LAN, WiFi, so may be with USB2.

Many thanks slice. j'm resolved deleting AppleHPET and the usb works on mode 2.0 Hi-speed!

Good :santa:

I have AppleHPET and USB 2.0 working.

Is that because i use DSDT fixed System ?

For what is HPET needed ( i only now for some timings) ?

HPET may share interrupt with other device, such as USB 2.0. May not as for you.

HPET needed for AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement but you can use GenericCPUPM by superhai or IntelSpeedStep by Mercurysquad instead. In these case HPET is no more needed.

Thanks.

Q: I have AppleHPET kext in /Extensions but see no HPET in kextstat list.

Is HPET an driver which stays loaded or (some do so) is loaded when its needed / only at startup (and unloads then) ?

I can see (in the HPET .plist) that IOMATCHName = PNP0103.

Can it be that i dont have that PNP0103 device ? Or why is HPET not loaded ?

Or does my DSDT patched system removes HPET device ?

I now tried to kextload manualy:

Now shown with kextstat (last in list) :

92 0 0x5ab4c000 0x3000 0x2000 com.apple.driver.AppleHPET (1.3)

Very ??? why i can load this manually but was not loaded by system at startup.

But if i dont need that (no AppleIntelCPU... used), it doesnt matter.

Deleted AppleHPET.kext here and now have much more reliable Ethernet and USB2 - many thanks for this suggestion!!!

(Using PC_EFIv9 with dsdt.aml on fairly vanilla 10.5.6)

First off, thanks to all the work that you have done on this, greatly appreciated.

After running updates on my machine to 10.5.6, my machine was kernel panic-ing anytime any hi-speed usb device was plugged in.

I ran the set of four kext's recommended earlier to fix this and was finally rid of my kernel panic issues.

However, I then installed UUID.kext and IOPCIFamily.kext version 2.5.4 using OSx86 tools, and now my machine will not boot. It will get to the apple load screen but no further. No spinny thing under the apple.

In verbose mode, the last lines that are displayed (and stays for eternity) are

"waiting for boot volume with UUID ..."

"waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>"

And here it sits. No hard drive activity, no progress.

When booting into safe mode, it halts at the same point.

I have tried running disk utility and repairing permissions on the off chance that this may do something, no change.

I also tried to verify that UUID that it was referencing corresponded to my boot volumes, which, from what I can tell, it does. However, DiskUtility's info off the boot CD doesn't seem to show the entire UUID, just up to the last set of digits. Up to that point, everything that I can see, is the same.

I am running on an Asus P5K Deluxe, using a SATA drive (AHCI) running Boot132 and retail Leopard.

Again, all was working until I installed the UUID.kext and IOPCIFamily.kext version 2.5.4 files.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

it doesnt matter.

Yes

I also tried to verify that UUID that it was referencing corresponded to my boot volumes, which, from what I can tell, it does. However, DiskUtility's info off the boot CD doesn't seem to show the entire UUID, just up to the last set of digits. Up to that point, everything that I can see, is the same.

I am running on an Asus P5K Deluxe, using a SATA drive (AHCI) running Boot132 and retail Leopard.

Again, all was working until I installed the UUID.kext and IOPCIFamily.kext version 2.5.4 files.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

UUID.kext must be not the same as boot volume UUID.

I know that installing IOPCIFamily.kext version 2.5.4 is a problem that lead to KP if something wrong.

You nead to delete mkext, caches and clear CMOS. After that twice reboot with -f . I am successful only after that.

There is one more thing, If I leave AppleHPET and AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement kexts I Extension folder and boot with -f option everything is ok. But when i boot normally, I have this error in system.log:

Dec 24 14:29:44 localhost kernel[0]: Waiting for boot volume with UUID B0025D30-73F0-38F4-BD5A-F1E23B984C40

Dec 24 14:29:44 localhost kernel[0]: Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>

Dec 24 14:29:44 localhost kernel[0]: USBF:

AppleUSBEHCI[0x3991800]: unable to get filterInterruptEventSource

Dec 24 14:29:44 localhost kernel[0]: USBF:

AppleUSBEHCI[0x3991800]::UIMInitialize - Error occurred (0xe00002be)

Dec 24 14:29:44 localhost kernel[0]: USBF:0.730

AppleUSBEHCI: unable to initialize UIM

I would like to ask, why there is no conflict when I force to boot all packages.

SLICE, ok doesnt matter not to have AppleHPET loaded. Thanks

But after i read the wiki , i am a bit ????, because HPET has some performance advantages to RTC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Precision_Event_Timer

So i posted my question in the belonging (DSDT, HPET) thread of dsdt patcher.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...t&p=1015551

My problem seems to be an problem of registering the HPET device in the IOGegister of Darwin.

Even if i boot with -f, AppleHPET.kext isnt loaded (np errors) - i think the device is not registered.

Maybe because of new AppleSMBIOS (AnV), IOPCIFamaliy(AnV) or Chameleon with Apple-ID (AnV).. I dont know which of them does registering in the IODeviceTree for Darwin.

Very ??? why i can later laod the AppleHPET.kext with sudo kextload with success !!!

My problem seems to be an problem of registering the HPET device in the IOGegister of Darwin.

Even if i boot with -f, AppleHPET.kext isnt loaded (np errors) - i think the device is not registered.

Maybe because of new AppleSMBIOS (AnV), IOPCIFamaliy(AnV) or Chameleon with Apple-ID (AnV).. I dont know which of them does registering in the IODeviceTree for Darwin.

Very ??? why i can later laod the AppleHPET.kext with sudo kextload with success !!!

I was just trying few combination's of AppleHPET, AppleIntelCPUPowermanagemen and UUID kext's.

What I did:

Combination HPET+CPU+UUID:

first force boot everithing ok. Second boot, not force - kick out my sound card - SoundBlaster(kext not loaded properly) - reloading the kext didn't help to get my SB to work. everithing else ok, but when I reinstall sound card driver I get this error in system.log:

Dec 27 15:31:26 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 0.818 AppleUSBEHCI[0x4aee000]: unable to get filterInterruptEventSource

Dec 27 15:31:26 localhost kernel[0]: USBF:

AppleUSBEHCI[0x4aee000]::UIMInitialize - Error occurred (0xe00002be)

AppleUSBEHCI: unable to initialize UIM

AppleUSBUHCI: unable to initialize UIM

Combination HPET+CPU

no - UUID(uninstalled - deleted, Caches deleted, kernel cache deleted, extension kext deleted, repairperm..):

24 times in my system.log- _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

but everithing working AFAIK.

What is the _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35 ? Is it something serious? I prefer to have this error then not have HPET.

Combination UUID(cp to extension dir chown -R root:wheel /S*/L*/E*/UUID*

no (HPET, CPU - deleted, Caches deleted, kernel cache deleted, extension kext deleted, repairperm..):

no errors - but no HPET - not prefer this one at all.

Hi, we are on the way (getting HPET back) ;)

I solved my problem of lost HPET device + therefore not loading AppleHPET.kext.

I used before the DSDT Patcher GUI without option NEW HPET, now with that.

Now i can see (with terminal command kextstat) that AppleHPET is loaded by the system (not only manually).

I also, and that will be the reason why before not loaded, the device HPET is now listed (again , as weaks before).

The AppleIntelCPU..kext i removed from the /System/Extensions, not needed like AppleHPET i think.

Bild_188.jpg

Hi, it looks like i have different problem here. Yesterday i restore my 10.5.5 - update to 10.5.6 (DSDT + Chameleon+ EFIv9) all USBs working. only UUID error. I use UUID.kext to clear it. Only My SysProfiler not picking my CPU info and about Mac not showing proper info of CPU. There is my problem. I tryed to use AppleSMBIOSEFI.kext, SMBIOSEnabler.kext, SMBIOSResolver, AppleSMBIOS (AnV) all of thees corect SysProfiler but kick out my USBs. Don't Know Why!

Yes

UUID.kext must be not the same as boot volume UUID.

I know that installing IOPCIFamily.kext version 2.5.4 is a problem that lead to KP if something wrong.

You nead to delete mkext, caches and clear CMOS. After that twice reboot with -f . I am successful only after that.

Sorry, I'm pretty newbish to the whole Hackintosh scene.

Since I am unable to boot into OSX, how do I go abouts deleting mkext and caches? Also, by clear CMOS, do you mean the motherboard's CMOS?

Also, I realized how to see the entire entry in Disk Utility for the UUID. The UUID referenced at boot matches the UUID listed in Disk Utility completely.

Again, any help is greatly apprectiated, and some steps on how to do some things would be great as well! :(

Slice don't know if it is due to your driver or not but since I installed your driver I can wake up my computer from sleep by clicking on the mouse or keyboard (usb)

Only one thing that has to be noticed

when the mouse is plugged directly to the computer, I'm unable to use anymore after sleep (have to re-plug to get it work)

when the mouse is plugged on the MAC keyboard, I'm able to use it right after sleep ... (don't know why ?)

Cheers

So, on the suggestion of another post, I removed the UUID and IOPCIFamily.kext files from the terminal along with those files you suggested slice.

However, not sure if I fat fiingered the IOPCIFamily.kext file name, but it was still there when I went back into the terminal as a second test, so, I deleted it (again?)

Now, when I boot, I am getting a kernel panic and the error

"

Unable to find driver for this platform: \ACPI\".\n"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1228.9.59/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1407

"

Maybe I deleted this file on accident (relying too heavily on tab completion perhaps).

I will now start seeing if I can locate any info on this new issue now, but any input is always welcomed.

Slice don't know if it is due to your driver or not but since I installed your driver I can wake up my computer from sleep by clicking on the mouse or keyboard (usb)

Only one thing that has to be noticed

when the mouse is plugged directly to the computer, I'm unable to use anymore after sleep (have to re-plug to get it work)

when the mouse is plugged on the MAC keyboard, I'm able to use it right after sleep ... (don't know why ?)

Cheers

Please, look into system profiler in these two cases. May be you will see the answer.

SysProf.png

So, on the suggestion of another post, I removed the UUID and IOPCIFamily.kext files from the terminal along with those files you suggested slice.

However, not sure if I fat fiingered the IOPCIFamily.kext file name, but it was still there when I went back into the terminal as a second test, so, I deleted it (again?)

Now, when I boot, I am getting a kernel panic and the error

"

Unable to find driver for this platform: \ACPI\".\n"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1228.9.59/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1407

"

Maybe I deleted this file on accident (relying too heavily on tab completion perhaps).

I will now start seeing if I can locate any info on this new issue now, but any input is always welcomed.

You are very noob to do such tests.

You must not delete completely IOPCIFamily.kext. It is vitally needed for system. You may only replace Apple's version by another one. Or return back.

I previously said what to do after replacing.

If you don't know

"how to install kexts..."

"how to undo if fails...."

"how to clean caches..."

"what is it mkext...."

"how to repair permissions..."

do not do anything.

Please, look into system profiler in these two cases. May be you will see the answer.

post-112217-1230549661_thumb.png

You are very noob to do such tests.

You must not delete completely IOPCIFamily.kext. It is vitally needed for system. You may only replace Apple's version by another one. Or return back.

I previously said what to do after replacing.

If you don't know

"how to install kexts..."

"how to undo if fails...."

"how to clean caches..."

"what is it mkext...."

"how to repair permissions..."

do not do anything.

As I said, self admitted newb here. I work with Windows mainly, this is me trying to learn new things.

Also, I deleted that kext by advice of another poster and assumed they knew more than I on the matter. This was the first time I have had to use Terminal from the boot disc and just was unsure how to access my drives. Now I know.

All that aside, my machine is back up and running. I grabbed a copy of IOPCIFamily.kext and copied it to my machine. Thanks for letting me know this file is needed.

Also, when you posted earlier to clear the CMOS, did you mean my motherboard's CMOS?

As I said, self admitted newb here. I work with Windows mainly, this is me trying to learn new things.

Also, I deleted that kext by advice of another poster and assumed they knew more than I on the matter. This was the first time I have had to use Terminal from the boot disc and just was unsure how to access my drives. Now I know.

All that aside, my machine is back up and running. I grabbed a copy of IOPCIFamily.kext and copied it to my machine. Thanks for letting me know this file is needed.

Also, when you posted earlier to clear the CMOS, did you mean my motherboard's CMOS?

Hi, to clean caches you do:

open terminal

sudo -s

type you admin password and then

rm -r -v /System/Library/Extensions/Caches/com.apple.kext.info
	rm -r -v /System/Library/Extensions.mkext
	rm -r -v /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kernelcaches/kernelcache
	chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/
	chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/
	kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions/
  diskutil repairPermissions /

commands chown & chmod you should use with installing new kexts to Extension folder. I'm not OSX GURU, but this is what I do.

Hi, to clean caches you do:

open terminal

sudo -s

type you admin password and then

rm -r -v /System/Library/Extensions/Caches/com.apple.kext.info
	 rm -r -v /System/Library/Extensions.mkext
	 rm -r -v /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kernelcaches/kernelcache
	 chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/
	 chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/
	 kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions/
   diskutil repairPermissions /

commands chown & chmod you should use with installing new kexts to Extension folder. I'm not OSX GURU, but this is what I do.

Thanks, but I'm past this point now :-p

Also, the issue, for me, came from how to do this without booting into the OS. I knew how to access the terminal via the install disc but no more.

Now that I have been shown how to access my install drive while booted from the disc I am good to go :)

Hi Slice,

I have an Asus A8V deluxe mobo and 10.5.5 with voodoo kernel installed.

I'm triying your kext becouse I've read that other people with the same mobo managed to have EHCI working with the PCGenUSBEHCI-261.4.2a.zip but in tiger.

Is there any way of porting this "a" variant of the kext to leopard?

With your kext I can see devices conected in the system profiler under high speed bus, but they don't mount.

Thanks in advance for your great job.