Logic Studio on hack? Compatible Firewire cards ...

17 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Is anybody successfully running Logic Studio of their hackintosh? Any issues?

Also what is the most Tiger (or Leopard) compatible Firewire card for use with audio hardware?

Thanks in advance,

Alan.

awh1@bigpond.com

Yup, i'm running Logic pro 8.0.2 on my Leo4all 10.5.4. Works very good even with Rewire connected to Reason 4.

I'm using a USB card (Lexicon lambda) and it works flawlessly on the hackintosh and i think almost all firewire cards are compatible, but be sure to try it out before buying...

Kresh

Hi, we're running Logic 8 on leo4all 10.5.2 it works nicely with the onboard sound card but it won't recognize the m audio delta PCI...

Has anyone had any problems with PCI support running 10.5.2?

The motherboard is an ASUS A8N-E with the following specs... (see attachment)

Cheers

post-258042-1216388593_thumb.png

It works really well on my system (see sig) but I'm looking for something more powerful so I can use more tracks ect, the difference between my friends core2duo chip and my standard core duo are fantastic so I think I'm go one better on my next machine and go quad ;)

If only someone would buy my current machine :rolleyes:

working here with leo4allv2 (+ kaly comboupdate 10.5.3) on a usb m-audio mobilepre!

UPDATE: im getting some small clicks, even with no audio going on. i also get this in winxp, so i`d rather blame maudio (this card is cheap, so...).

• 5 weeks later...

Logic and other apps working wonderfully here on a Firebox. I had to get a Texas Instruments (the people who created the firewire standard) PCI card and sourced one for $30... Check my signature for the url.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi, we're running Logic 8 on leo4all 10.5.2 it works nicely with the onboard sound card but it won't recognize the m audio delta PCI...

Has anyone had any problems with PCI support running 10.5.2?

The motherboard is an ASUS A8N-E with the following specs... (see attachment)

Cheers

post-258042-1216388593_thumb.png

Sorry if this has already been answered. But to the best of my knowledge, none of the M-Audio PCI solutions will work under OS X on Intel-based machines because there is no Intel (Universal binary) support. All Intel Desktop macs are PCIe only.

All M-Audio cards are PCI / PCIx and I'm pretty sure the drivers are all PPC only.

Minimum System Requirements (Mac)

OS 9.2.2* w/128MB RAM, Opcode OMS 2.3.8 for MIDI;

Mac OS X 10.2.8, 10.3.8 w/256MB RAM

Mac OS X 10.4.5, 10.5.1 w/512MB RAM

G3/G4 500**

G5 w/PCI-X expansion slots*** - Incompatible exceptions

* No ongoing updates/support for Mac OS 9 or Mac OS X 10.2.8

**G3/G4 accelerator cards not supported

***Intel based Mac Pro & DualCore G5 with PCI-Express expansion slots not supported

Please check the minimum system requirements of your DAW software as they may be higher.

Running Logic Express 8.0.2. Having some problems with drop outs on my Firepod in Kalyway 10.5.2 and 10.5.2 but the same setups work fine in Tiger. Problem seem to be between Leopard, firewire cards and Firepod. I'd recommend U get a TI firewire card, might help keep Murphy away (as in Murphy's law).

Khan

Why do you consider of any problems of logic pro on hackintosh?

As any other applications work on hackintosh perfectly (except the ones have relation with apple only hardwares) logic should work fine.

Not sure if you have an audiointerface which is not compatible with logic (AU flatform, exactly), but almost every interface just works.

Anyway I'm using Focusrite saffire with logic express 8.0.2. I used to have downloaded logic pro, but I bought logic express just 2 weeks ago.

Problem is, all of Native-Instruments instruments seem to have gone dead after updating OSX to 10.5.5. (didn't work in 10.5.2, so I assume they only work between 10.5.3-4)

Running Logic and Kontakt3 (+ some external midi synths) on an ASUS P5K Deluxe + RME Fireface800 + MOTU MidiExpress + Mackie MCU: all the rig is working flawlessly on 10.5.2 :D . 4G of ram, Intel 45nm. Quad Core processor. I have still another hackintosh (Dual Core) on the same gigabit network, running as a Logic Node without problems ;) .

Did anyone tried the firewire solo in a hackintosh?

I know other firewire and usb sound cards by m-audio are working and this one should be working but it's always nice to hear a confirmation from someone.

I actually ordered mine so I guess I'll be the one answering my own question.