Debunking the Global Warming Conspiracy Theory

55 posts in this topic

Since when? The Little Ice Age that ended in the 1800's? Plus, with your FSM signature, I'm surprised you didn't realize that the decline of Pirates is the true cause of global warming:

piratesarecool4.gif

That is just to prove that you can "prove" anything with a correlation. Also, have you noticed that "global warming" has been replaced by "climate change" for some inexplicable reason? Did you also know there must have been dangerous polluting SUV's in the Medieval Era, since temperatures were supposedly higher then than they were in the 1990's?

I'm all for not polluting and stuff, but JEEZE, what's going to happen if/when global warming is proven wrong? By simply making the name change, it seems like science is trying to get away from "global warming" for some odd reason.

:P Thats awesome. Too funny man. Pirates. :blink:

Personally, I think it will go the way of global cooling, disproven and buried. Earth's temporal climate changes happens all the time. The sun gets hotter, and colder. Its not man made. It is just a distraction from the real enviornmental issues. Such as the millitary industrial complex dumping depleted uranium all over the place causing cancer rates to climb.

Personally, I think it will go the way of global cooling, disproven and buried. Earth's temporal climate changes happens all the time. The sun gets hotter, and colder. Its not man made. It is just a distraction from the real enviornmental issues.

Lol, I love how you keep saying Global Warming isn't happening and will be disproved.

Let's put it this way, if global warming wasn't happening, you would have a glacier over your house :blink:

If you want to see a movie that has quite a bit about debunking the theory see 'The Great Global Warming Swindle'. It is a very well made movie with lots of interviews and it is very easy to understand. Also did you know that temperatures went down during the Industrial Revolution?

Mr Mook Mook

Also did you know that temperatures went down during the Industrial Revolution?

Mr Mook Mook

Yes, I did :)

Though it was merely a small dip in the trend from 24,000 years ago.

There have been several dips since the last major ice age, but every dip in succession has been smaller. There was the 'mini' ice age 10,000 years ago, which covered Scotland in glaciers, but not England, for it example. There was the 'little' Ice age in the middle ages, and then the dip you spoke of during the industrial revolution.

They are small dips in the upward cycle, that will once again lead to a huge dip within 10,000 years.

Yes, I did :)

Though it was merely a small dip in the trend from 24,000 years ago.

There have been several dips since the last major ice age, but every dip in succession has been smaller. There was the 'mini' ice age 10,000 years ago, which covered Scotland in glaciers, but not England, for it example. There was the 'little' Ice age in the middle ages, and then the dip you spoke of during the industrial revolution.

They are small dips in the upward cycle, that will once again lead to a huge dip within 10,000 years.

Well, than kudos to you!

Mr Mook Mook

It also explains the small dip we may be experiencing at the moment.

There are some theories around that the dip in the industrial revolution was the start of the next major ice age, but that the CO2 emissions by humanity were enough to halt the cycle and allow temperatures to continue to rise to the levels they are at the moment, which, are quite a margin above those that the earth would be expected to reach going by the previous few cycles. The greenhouse effect is the most promising explanation at the moment.

Is plankton causing global warming?

You wonder why people think that you're a cartoon, and this is why ;) You constantly post half-truths and rhetoric. Maybe instead of trying to get all of your "information" from the Internet, you should try to open up a real science book every now and then :hysterical:

The ubiquitous one-celled ocean organisms, phytoplankton, play a significant and previously unknown role in warming the planet by capturing and absorbing the Sun's radiation, American researchers have found.

Researchers at the Scripps Institute of Oceanography in San Diego, California, used modelling and satellite imagery to show that solar radiation that would otherwise be reflected back into space was being absorbed by phytoplankton, contributing to global warming.

The ocean's plankton puts out hundreds of thousands of tons of CO2 every day. Is plankton causing global warming? :)

The ocean also absorbs gigatonnes of CO2 too, it's all about the balance.

Why don't you do some reading and come back when you understand? :D

I'm not a scientist and haven't done enough research to really post an opinion. Here's a different angle to think about though.

I always wonder what's going through the mind of people that think we need to "save the planet". How big must our horse really be? The earth has been here for a long time before us, and I'm willing to bet it's going to be here a long time after us. The earth doesn't need saving. Our ego must be pretty big if we think that we're going to destroy the earth. We might kill the (current) inhabitants, but life will go on.

No one really wants to save the earth... it's all about self preservation.

Just something to think about.

Look, no matter what your opinion on global warming/climate change is, the fact is that current CO2 levels are higher than they've been for over 600,000 years.

How can that not affect our planet in some sort of adverse way? Shouldn't we be doing something to protect our environment even if global warming/climate change isn't happening?

Look, no matter what your opinion on global warming/climate change is, the fact is that current CO2 levels are higher than they've been for over 600,000 years.

How can that not affect our planet in some sort of adverse way? Shouldn't we be doing something to protect our environment

Well said. CO2 is definitely going up, who cares what the causes are. Humans certainly are contributing to that cause, no doubt. We only have one planet. We need to lower the CO2 so that humans can continue to survive on this one and only planet of ours, plus it's the only responsible thing to do.

..and I believe in the evidence although there are some people who don't believe in evidence. I know a few extremely religious Christians who do not believe that dinosaurs had ever existed and believe that God had put "dinosaur" bones in the earth to test their faith.

Praise Science! :(

I know a few extremely religious Christians who do not believe that dinosaurs had ever existed and believe that God had put "dinosaur" bones in the earth to test their faith.

Wow! Imagine living your whole life and then in the end finding out that everything that you 'believed in' was a lie :wacko: It's really sad :)

Religion and common sense mix like water and oil.

Amen ;)

Praise FSM! Pastafarians unite!

Wow! Imagine living your whole life and then in the end finding out that everything that you 'believed in' was a lie ;) It's really sad :(

Religion and common sense mix like water and oil.

Thats even if their eyes are opened. The Christians I know still do this day don't believe it in and stand by their beliefs. Believe it or not but the band Underoath have confidence in the principle of fake dinosaur bones...I'm very certain it is Underoath.