Debunking the Global Warming Conspiracy Theory

55 posts in this topic

Heres my two cents on the issue

1) Is the Earth getting hotter?....YES. There is no denying that

2) Is it really man's fault?....no. Man falls about 7th cause of the increasing temperature. Things of nature taking up the top 6.

3) Guess this means my three cents on the issue. Should we be taking care of our planet?..Hells yeah. Im a conservative, but i still do my part in recycling and using less energy. Since humans are the most evolved and advanced species on the planet i feel its our responsibility to take care of our humble Earth. But i don't agree with the people that say if you dont buy a hybrid your gonna bring destruction to the Earth bull {censored}.

BTW...what happened to the cars that Toyota and Honda make about 7 yrs ago that got 50mpg and wernt hybrids.......

"Time to put something clever here...damn"

Things of nature taking up the top 6.

Just for the FUN of it, what exactly would be those other 6 things? :unsure:

BTW...what happened to the cars that Toyota and Honda make about 7 yrs ago that got 50mpg and wernt hybrids

You mean like this? :P

...and keep in mind that was over 30 years ago... In the car manufactures defense GM and Toyota DID try to produce an electric car BUT one of the big oil companies bought the patent for the battery technology and refused to allow them to use it on commercial cars. Imagine that :)

As to your question about what happened, the cars companies learned that they could make a TON more profit pushing SUV's, and so they lobbied with tons of money in Washington and had laws passed not requiring good MPG on these vehicles while politicians had their palms greased and looked the other way. PBS did a big documentary on it a while back. You could probably still read about it on their site.

BTW...what happened to the cars that Toyota and Honda make about 7 yrs ago that got 50mpg and wernt hybrids.......

Toyota Echo 29 city/37 highway (revised)? Still sold as the Yaris and gained a few hundred pounds.

Need to look further back: Geo Metro XFi (Suzuki), Honda CRX Hf, Honda Civic VX. None of these could be sold today because they lack the safety features required on all new cars. Also the lean burn technique caused some bad emissions. 

Toyota Echo 29 city/37 highway (revised)? Still sold as the Yaris and gained a few hundred pounds.

Need to look further back: Geo Metro XFi (Suzuki), Honda CRX Hf, Honda Civic VX. None of these could be sold today because they lack the safety features required on all new cars. Also the lean burn technique caused some bad emissions.

The 95 Saturn SL was a safe, low emissions car that could get over 40mpg highway with a manual transmission. Shortly after that, the engines grew, the weight increased...

It has nothing to do with emissions and safety... it's all about marketing. Light, fuel efficient cars were not in demand in the US until now.