Release for Toshiba Satellite P10x users: modded BIOS to try and activate Conexant sound chip

BuXb

375 posts in this topic

It seems that nothing changes... Or I copied the dsdt.aml to the wrong place :blink:

Try changing the name to DSDT.aml or DSDT.AML (does only matter if you're using case-sensitive FS).

Merry Christmas guys! :lol:

P.S.

You could also try booting with DSDT=/dsdt.aml boot parameter.

Yeah, do what mentorek said and see if that helps. The file goes in the root of the hard drive you boot from. So if the hard drive you boot from is named OSX, you can double click on the OSX hard drive icon on your desktop, and put the file in that spot. It's where the Applications, system, etc. folders are.

Hi friends. And how can I check whether the file is used by bootloader or not? And I don't understand the thing that I installed iATKOS with EFI v9 bootloader but in the OSes list screen (with timeout) tells that Chameleon is used... I'm somewhat confused.

I know nothing about iATKOS and EFI v9 but I'm using Chameleon 1.0.11 with DSDT override patch without any problems. I think DSDT override is also built-in into Chameleon 1.0.12.

It seems that there is no hope... My 2Gb memory banks problem is too hard to solve. And I'm really worried about the fact that I can't install MacOS with original BIOS now because of broken graphics... Only with hacked one form another model. It seems that some parts of BIOS became damaged. I don't know what to do with this. Bluetooth is broken too... Even in Windows. So it is useless to buy bluetooth mouse :angel:

Just wanted to report a bad experience. I have the Venice in my P105. I followed the directions but got the ultimate whammy: dead mobo. I can't see anything on boot; video dead (no external video, either.) Tried jumpering JP8 on board, no luck. I am going to have to bite it and use the extended warranty from Staples. Hopefully they can get it fixed via Toshiba. I hate being without my lappy!

If anyone has some suggestions for re-flashing/restoring I would be greatful.

Jim

Just wanted to report a bad experience. I have the Venice in my P105. I followed the directions but got the ultimate whammy: dead mobo. I can't see anything on boot; video dead (no external video, either.) Tried jumpering JP8 on board, no luck. I am going to have to bite it and use the extended warranty from Staples. Hopefully they can get it fixed via Toshiba. I hate being without my lappy!

Jim

Jim,

Sorry to hear that your lappy is dead. I've gone the same route a few months back. For some reason Toshiba decided not to allow us to use crisis bios procedure (or whatever they call it). The one and only solution is to get your lappy to the Toshiba service center and ask them to repair it. They will exchange the mobo as they don't know how to fix it (sic!) on site.

BTW. My lappy is now Toshiba Satellite L20 instead of P100!

Good luck with your case.

Cheers,

mentorek

Jim

I killed mine a while back as well. I ended up send mine to a computer shop in new york that does bios repair. i think they charged me about $120 which is cheaper than what toshiba will charge for a motherboard replacement, and the turnaround time was only a few days. if you are interested i will find the info on the place i sent mine to. i just can't remember off hand. good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Toshiba has a new bios update out (at least for my P105-S6064), all the description says is:

"Version 4.50 - 2008-12-08

* Added support for flash part MX29LV008CT."

Not sure what that is, if anyone know what is does you can enlighten us.

Just thought I'd let you all know...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi friends.

I practically lost hope that my Conexant chip will work with my 2Gb memory banks... And I solved the problem this way:

http://www.geniusnet.com/geniusOnline/onli...=portlet-action

This is not a beautiful solution, but it lets me play sounds in Mac without any drivers.

My built-in Bluetooth is broken too... So I installed an Acorp USB Bluetooth Class II stick. Now everything works... Waiting for Intel 3945 WiFi. It seems that there is a great progress in driver development.

With great respect, jazzminos.

Hi friends.

I practically lost hope that my Conexant chip will work with my 2Gb memory banks... And I solved the problem this way:

http://www.geniusnet.com/geniusOnline/onli...=portlet-action

This is not a beautiful solution, but it lets me play sounds in Mac without any drivers.

My built-in Bluetooth is broken too... So I installed an Acorp USB Bluetooth Class II stick. Now everything works... Waiting for Intel 3945 WiFi. It seems that there is a great progress in driver development.

that sucks that you had to get an external speaker. i myself lost hope in the 3945 wifi and just replaced it with the dell 1390, and now wifi works great.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi friends. Yesterday installed official 10.5.6 update upon iAtkos 10.5.5 (they promised upgradeable system and they practically did it!). BUT! my ethernet stopped working. My card is Intel Pro 100 VE. And shutdown and restert work very slowly. What can I do? Any ideas? Everything else works as usual.

Hi friends. Yesterday installed official 10.5.6 update upon iAtkos 10.5.5 (they promised upgradeable system and they practically did it!). BUT! my ethernet stopped working. My card is Intel Pro 100 VE. And shutdown and restert work very slowly. What can I do? Any ideas? Everything else works as usual.

Hi jazz,

You will need to install IOPCIFamily.kext for 10.5.6 (and IOPCCardFamily.kext if you're using PCCards). It did the trick for me...

Just check out the thread made by Chun-nan.

Cheers,

mentorek

Hi, metorek! I wasn't able to find IOPCIFamily.kext for 10.5.6 (IOPCCardFamily.kext is located under the link). Can You post the link here?It is very sad to use Mac without internet :)

Hi Jazz,

It's in the IOPCCardFamily.kext.zip file. Just have a look inside...

cheers,

mentorek

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

I have a toshiba p100-434 that i tried updating the bios of, but, i must have used the wrong one as now the thing won't POST.

It switches on but thats as far as it gets, nothing more.

Anyone got any advice on how to restore the bios in this situation?

Thanks

oli

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Sorry for digging this one up again but have either of you tried VoodooHDA solution?

I've got a (not so) nice kernel panic but maybe you would have more luck...

VoodooHDA.kext is a port of FreeBSD's kernel module for most (all?) HDA chipsets. One of which is our "beloved" Conexant HDA (Waikiki/Venice/...). I had a look at the code and it seems to support them so give it a go and share your experience.

Cheers,

mentorek

Hello to all the OSx86 community and especially all fellow Toshiba owners.

Finally I've got sound on my P100-324 with a self patched DSDT (following all the great tutorials here and in the Ubuntu topic from the Linux community). :)

I didn't remove any parts of the DSDT because I wasn't sure what all these while loops where for.

Instead I just moved the variable declaration outside the while scope and reset the value of the variable to 0 (0x00) inside the while loop.

Every modification as suggested in the Ubuntu topic was applied (name conventions and all other replacement was done).

I'm attaching the compiled dsdt as well as the non-compiled dsdt that was used.

Now I only need to fix the USB work without needing to disable the second core....

hpet_fixed.txt

dsdt.aml.zip