Release for Toshiba Satellite P10x users: modded BIOS to try and activate Conexant sound chip

BuXb

375 posts in this topic

Ok, so here is your dsdt. A few notes.

First of all, take the necessary precautions before doing anything to your system. I am not responsible for what may happen.

Secondly, the guide I posted above that gave me working sound seemed to already been done to your dsdt. Do you already have sound? If you don't maybe this will work for you, either way, the part I edited to give me sound was already done on your dsdt.

In order to use this, you need to do the following:

Replace the "dsdt_fixed.txt" file the patcher created with the one I posted. Then, you need to run the patcher to compile the dsdt. In order to do that, change directories in your terminal to the Tools folder in the patcher. You can do this by typing "cd <folder to move to>" so for instance if the patcher directory was on my desktop in a folder named patcher, I would type "cd /Users/Matt/Desktop/Patcher".

After you move to the tools folder in the patcher's directory, use this command to compile your dsdt.

./iasl -ta <path to the dsdt_fixed.txt file>

Where the <path to the dsdt_fixed.txt file> is, you need to type the path to the file I posted here. To make this easy, type the first part of the command, and then put a space after the "-ta", and drag the dsdt_fixed.txt file to the terminal. It will automatically copy the path into the terminal.

Then hit enter, and it should compile. If it compiles without any errors you should be good to go. Just place it in your root directory and reboot. If it still has errors, post them here and we'll try again.

Another side note: If the dsdt file somehow prevents you from booting, you can always get rid of the dsdt file by booting with the -s flag, and then removing the file that way.

Hope you understand this, some basic knowledge of the terminal would be helpful.

dsdt_fixed.txt

No I haven't either, but I figured it's just a matter of getting the right apple hda patch. I tried taruga's patcher with a codec I found online, but it broke my sound, so I rolled back. I may end up getting my own linux dump and trying that. I'll keep you updated.

mic input generally does not work with azalia because apple did not include code for it in azalia. However, applehda includes the code for mic input. That's one of the reasons apple discontinued azalia back in 10.4.3 (or even 10.4.1? don't remember). To get mic input to work you need to totally switch from azalia to applehda (Taruga & Co).

No I haven't either, but I figured it's just a matter of getting the right apple hda patch. I tried taruga's patcher with a codec I found online, but it broke my sound, so I rolled back. I may end up getting my own linux dump and trying that. I'll keep you updated.

As a matter of fact none of Taruga's patchers work with Conexant chipsets. You could try patching it yourself.

I've seen one guy that managed to get Conexant Venice(?) to work with AppleHDA.kext so it should be possible also for our.

Hi friends. Here's my result of compiling :( What do you think about it? My 2Gb memory banks problem shows itself... I think so.

As for objects created in the loop you can remove the Name (T_0, Zero) lines from the code. You can also move it outside the loop (I think it's While loop).

The other I don't know. Probably you're missing one of the declarations somewhere in the code. Try again with a pure dump of dsdt and check if you will get the same error.

And I somewhat surprised that the installation of 10.5.5 give different result from 10.5.4. I got some troubles with ACPI.

Can you tell me what parameters should I use to get good results.

I used EFI v9 + Voodoo kernel + SMBIOS Air Enabler + ACPI x86 + Disabler

ONLY in this config I got my keyboard working. But shut down is not normal and my About This Mac is corrupt.

Hi mentorek. Thanks for reply.

The other I don't know. Probably you're missing one of the declarations somewhere in the code. Try again with a pure dump of dsdt and check if you will get the same error.

Please, write in steps what should I do... Maybe I did some mistakes. I don't have enough practice :( Should I get an .aml file?

Hi mentorek. Thanks for reply.

Please, write in steps what should I do... Maybe I did some mistakes. I don't have enough practice :( Should I get an .aml file?

Put your .dsl file here. I'll prepare as much as I'll be able to.

The one after running DSDTPatcher

How to compile .aml from .dsl?

When I'm trying to open .dsl with Patcher it reports errors.

What I did:

renamed dsdt.dsl.txt to dsdt.dsl

Opened Terminal

Entered a path for Patcher and a path for dsdt.dsl after it

Terminal reports - There were errors pacthing the RTC

Should there be other files or I need ONLY .dsl file?

When using patcher what emulation should I use - WinXP?

As a matter of fact none of Taruga's patchers work with Conexant chipsets. You could try patching it yourself.

I've seen one guy that managed to get Conexant Venice(?) to work with AppleHDA.kext so it should be possible also for our.

Yeah I pretty much figured that out. I started getting info on how to manually patch it, but the tutorials get the pin configuration from windows vista, and I really do not feel like re-installing anything again, I've just re-installed my laptops a few times in the past month, and I just successfully got my nforce desktop updated to 10.5.6, no easy task. I need a break from that for a while. But, if there is a way to get the pin configuration without booting into vista, please enlighten me.

Hi, friends. I tried to start from the beginning. I flashed ORIGINAL latest 4.40. And got broken graphics... I reinstalled iATKOS 5i. After reinstall graphics remain broken - the screen is blinking all the time, especially when the HDD is reading/writing. This is VERY strange, because I installed 10.5.4 with this BIOS and graphics worked fine. Graphics works fine during MacOS installation. In windows everything stays the same. Now I can't do this again. Is it possible that graphics got broken after using modded BIOSes from other P100-105 models?

Hi, friends. I tried to start from the beginning. I flashed ORIGINAL latest 4.40. And got broken graphics... I reinstalled iATKOS 5i. After reinstall graphics remain broken - the screen is blinking all the time, especially when the HDD is reading/writing. This is VERY strange, because I installed 10.5.4 with this BIOS and graphics worked fine. Graphics works fine during MacOS installation. In windows everything stays the same. Now I can't do this again. Is it possible that graphics got broken after using modded BIOSes from other P100-105 models?

Versions 4.20+ are known as buggy ones. Try to go back to the one you used before. It should "repair" graphic.

DSDT compilation is failing because you have to use patched version (using DSDTPatcher) and then apply my changes.

The only problem I've had with graphics is probably related to the dsdt. Before, if I had both cores enabled, the graphics would stutter and become unusable. Booting with cpus=1 let me work long enough to get the problem fixed.

@jazzminos,

did the dsdt I patched for you compile or not? It should have compiled without error, unless I missed a line.

I rolled back to 3.80 ORIGINAL BIOS (thanks to my friend's sister did not updated at all :( ), but the graphics is still broken. I flashed P105-S6024 BIOS 4.00 modded BIOS and discovered that my graphics works as usual - works fine. When I flash BIOS (any), phoenix flash program flashes blocks 1-16, and blocks 17-21 seem to be unmodified.

to geiman

I did all the steps You told me... But it didn't compiled because of the errors.

to mentorek

It seems that I should start from the beginning. Please write step by step guide... I have dsdt_fixed.txt from patcher. I have FIXED dsdt_fixed.txt by geiman. I have Your corrected dsdt.dsl. What should I do with this? This is a problem for me.

With great respect, jazzminos.

It seems that P105-S6024 BIOS 4.00 (working on wetspiz' P105-S6014) is the best variant for me, the closest to working. When I flash this BIOS I get working video, working sound (in case of 2x512Mb memory banks) and normal "About This Mac" with "MacBook Air" in 10.5.5.

I don't understand anything... :) Broken Graphics with ORIGINAL 3.80 and 4.40 BIOS versions makes me extremely confused.

I already can write a story about different BIOSes! About what work with them and what not :( They all are different... Maybe the analysis of differences between them can tell one about what to do with this problems.

If I have enough RAM - I don't have sound. If I have Bluetooth - I don't have graphics in Mac...

Has anyone been able to use DSDT or BIOS Mods to get AppleAzaliaAudio.kext (oe AppleHDA.kext by some magic) to output to both speakers and headphones on the Conexant Venice (5045, CX20549)

Yes I have a P105-S6177 with Conexant Venice i'm using a DSDT override with azalia audio and have both speakers and headphones working.

The output looks as though it is giving the same error messages as the one I tried fixing for you. It may be possible that I missed a while loop when I fixed it; you never posted what terminal output you got after trying to compile that fixed file for me to see if there was anything else I needed to fix.

What would be even better was if we could get these errors put into the dsdt patcher to be automatically fixed, it would save us alot of trouble.