OS X on the MSI Wind, Before it's Released

687 posts in this topic

A hacker, and a member of our forums, has managed to get Mac OS X Leopard running on the MSI Wind. This is what jav had to say about getting it on his MSI Wind. It's translated from spanish.

Well, here it is. The new MSI Wind running Kalyway 10.5.2. I still have to make some adjustments, such as the resolution and the wireless card, but I couldn't stop myself from posting these images that I'm sure will get the interest from more than one person. Ethernet and Bluetooth work right out of the box, so I'm really expecting a lot from this small notebook.

All that and the MSI Wind isn't even going to be released until July 7th.

EDIT: It appears that the sound also works OTB. The resolution and wireless are the only things that we know of that don't work.

macwind_1.jpg

macwind_2.jpg

macwind_3.jpg

Forum Thread (Spanish)

If you speak English, post here :P

I am VERY impressed, congrats!

Im building my hackintosh right now and have been also eyeing small ultra-mobile notebooks because I do not need a disc drive. The EEE screen is too small, tne mini-note is too expensive, but I think this is juuuuuust right. Especially now OSX can run on it!

How stable is it and will it run everything? :P

GMA 950

eek, that doesn't make me very happy.

Yeah, GMA950 is quite the proverbial {censored}. I am able to get full QE/CI and no artifacts on my VAIO, but only with paulicat's Natit. And even then, display out does not work. :hysterical:

Cool running, small and more than fast enough for office work and movies. I would like to see a review and hear about battery life but the Atom processor looks like a deal maker. Apple really need to respond to this.

Wow, incredibly lame move. My signature has been 'truncated'. How about a PM before deleting what took me a while to compile? Had I known signature rules have been set in place i would have gladly obliged.

Anyways, those Wind specs are pretty good.

Yeah, GMA950 is quite the proverbial {censored}. I am able to get full QE/CI and no artifacts on my VAIO, but only with paulicat's Natit. And even then, display out does not work. :(

I use GMA950 and dont have a problem with it. I use the intergratedframebuffer kext and set the resolution by using boot strings in boot.plist No mouse tearing and full QE/CI

I use GMA950 and dont have a problem with it. I use the intergratedframebuffer kext and set the resolution by using boot strings in boot.plist No mouse tearing and full QE/CI

Hmm, are you using 10.5.3? Which integrated framebuffer?

I am using 10.5.3 framebuffer and GMA950 files. I am able to plug EFI GFX strings, but i end up with only a blue screen. I think it has something to with recognizing my LCD screen, which I believe natit helps with.

EDIT: HAH ! well whatta ya know, I replaced the Integratedframebuffer with the one from iATKOS v 1.0i 10.5.1 removed Natit and viola! My GMA950 is working, including VGA-out

This is nice. And yes GMA graphics are very bitchy. I lost two days trying to get it working for a friend WHO ACTUALLY HAD THE OPTION to get a nVidia card in his HP laptop.