EFI GFX String Installer [Beta]

devZero

70 posts in this topic

sorry for the newbie question, i have a geforce go6200 on my notebook, it wont work with any installer and doing the ioreg thing i obtain an empty file. The card is working only in vesa mode, maybe this the source of the problem?

Doesn't EFI Explorer do all this already for a TON of cards?

I just used it to do my 7600GT!

The problem with EFI explorer is that you must have a working system. This project aims to setup efi strings during the install process. Of course, you can obviously use it with an existing install, but my original intentions was for use during the dvd installer.

i havent tried your file yet, im going to make a test osx soon for all kind of tests :D but ill add the file for my card anyway

Its a 3870x2 with the id 0x950f

Will this allso work in 10.5.4 and so on, since i have troubles getting past 10.5.2 since there arent any drivers for this card yet

UPDATE: this have now been tried and wont work for this card in 10.5.2, it just boot to a blue screen, this have been tried on a clean install both with and without the leo graphic update

ioreg.txt

Don't work for my 7300 GT ASUS Silent

No modified files ??! It's that ?

;) ;)

ANSWER :

- EFI V5 update with EFI V8, don't work.

- EFI V8 New install or CHAMELEON_EFI

EFI GFX String Installer work !!!!!!!

:D :D :D

I hava an Nvidia Quadro NVS 140. Device ID 10de:0429. I tried both version of the command provided and I still got a blank txt file so here is my entire ioreg output. I hope the surgery goes well.

ioreg.txt

update: Just tried version 1 and I got a kernal panic. Apparently the quadro is based upon the 8400 chipset. so Maybe that would work for me as well, I will try version 2 next.

Well, back from surgery. I have a lot of catching up to do. The installer is one of my priorities, as well as my DVD release. I've been on meds that make me sleep all week. I will begin working on Beta 2 again this week, and hope to have it completed very very soon. Thanks to all who have been watching this post, and those who wished me luck on my surgery. I've now got 8 screws, and a metal plate in my leg. ( Woohoo for cybernetic aftermarket upgrades! )

Hello DevZero,

lucky to see you back :wacko: .. hope your cybernetic leg will help you with creating efi installer;)..

btw I have still no luck with ATI 3650 512mb, tried almost everything, still no work. Should I wait for your installer, or buy Nvidia ? :D .. I need 3 LCDs, and it seems lot of people successfully set up two NV cards with EFI strings..

Well, back from surgery. I have a lot of catching up to do. The installer is one of my priorities, as well as my DVD release. I've been on meds that make me sleep all week. I will begin working on Beta 2 again this week, and hope to have it completed very very soon. Thanks to all who have been watching this post, and those who wished me luck on my surgery. I've now got 8 screws, and a metal plate in my leg. ( Woohoo for cybernetic aftermarket upgrades! )

Hi dev!

I'm so glad that u're working for us! -_-

I've got a 8600M GT and both NVKush and NVinstaller v.52 works on 10.5.4 :( No QE/CI -_-

I downloaded EFI Studio cause someone resolve the QE problem but...there is no 8600M GT support...

So i hope u'll do it for me and for us :D

Thx a lot

Hi, work great on my 8800GTS 320MB. The only probles is that is 320MB and not 640MB. I used GFX string before and only read 256MB of VRAM, but never could make it read 320MB.

What really eat my brain is not been able to use the TV/Out, it only works if I detach my monitor and turn on the PC, but when it have to load de desktop it stop working. is there any way I can fix that? I don't ask you to go and find me an answer, just give me a push in the right direction if you have an idea and I try to get things working. There are several people who have the same problem in leopard, but I could not find a solution yet. Thank you very much.

By the way, I have a Q6600 on a P5K-E and everithing working great (Kalyway 10.5.2)

I've tried your package, and now instead of the system hanging after loading nvidia stuffs, I get a message in multiple languages that says "You need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power button for several seconds or press the Restart button." even after restarting/cold booting several times. To me this seems like progress get my card to finally work, though this certainly won't do. I've got a 8800gts 320MB (MSI OC), and I selected the 8800gts option when I installed. If anyones knows if there's something I can do, your help would be appreciated. Meanwhile I'll wait for version beta 2 of this and try again...

@Panshie

I believe I read somewhere that Mac only supports 2 outputs per card, so you can either have 2 DVI outs or 1 DVI outs and 1 tv out, but you have to mess with the nvcaps and such and then I believe that the tv out ends up being the primary/first display? I may be wrong, someone with more knowledge can feel free to correct me.

I have a small update for you, i just installed the new iatkos 10.5.4 on my test drive, then your efi gfx string, it allmost worked, it sees the card, but no qe/ci support and wrong resolution

this is a 3870x2 device id 950F

Now i have to figure out this small last part, and then i just might install it on the main drive :hysterical: