PC Magazine says osx86 project is impossible

cremestar

36 posts in this topic

While you lot are yelling and screaming, you've passed over the weirdest part of the assertion: the idea that some APPLICATIONS "may" not work on a hackintosh.

...say what?

once the OS is firing away, seems to me, everything else follows along pretty smoothly. In my case, the HP 4300 is sometimes smoother than my Mac Pro (though that needs a re-install...). I'd love to hear about the applications which refuse to run right (excepting those that want a custom hardware board of course).

So, basically this thread's title is just trolling. The Q&A @ PC Magazine was basically correct (other than the pic's caption) and the OP tried to make fun of something. Let the thread die, I'd say.

I am wondering if these magazines must say things like this for legal reasons. Even a recent article in Macworld called our little machines "frankenmacs". Although Macworld did say that a Hackintosh could beat a Mac in some speed tests, they pretty much refused to endorse such a machine.

Well who cares, let them in their own fools' paradise. There is a demand for every type of goods for every type of people. You may find people who would swear by PC mag. Reminds me of the other day when I found a grey market dealer, who thought the iPhone ran Symbian :wacko: .

lolololol XD !

What a funny article mates...

I would luv that laptop, i almost got it O.o ! I luv how they say: "Not Gonna Happen

You can try, but you are unlikely to succeed in running Mac apps on a Windows PC."

XD Dualboot ftw.

Not flaming the guy but the wide spread sentiment, I have frequently been told that I don't exist. A skeptic grubbed around on the floor trying to find the Mac that my Acer laptop's screen was plugged into, but he couldn't find it - because I had covered it with an invisibility cloak! He found my Mac Mini but I showed him that it wasn't powered up. He then insisted it was XP skinned to look like Leopard and decided to pick up the laptop and show me. He thought it was pathetic that I had renamed my Programs folder Applications! In the end I had to concede that I had been cunningly fooled by a combination of XP and Windowblinds. I showed him my Leopard retail DVD but before I could say anything he phoned a friend and casually said, Yeah, well, Apple have now made it easy to install on any PC, I just didn't know they had released it, I thought they were releasing it next week. He then tried to show me how easy it is to install from the Leopard retail DVD. Which was nice.

I think this man is a genius like Einstien. I know that cause I have read a lot of articles written by him. He is a great thinker. Whatever he has written is true I think. If not, is there a single person beside the osx86 staff, in this community who have succeeded in installing os x on his/her PC to work as perfectly as it works in a Mac? If so then there is no project like osx86 otherwise whatever that man is saying is true. :lol: