EU, the Fourth Reich

70 posts in this topic

- only the assembly of heads of executive branches of 25 EU countries have the right to change this de-facto European “constitution” any time they like -

The EU has 27 member states:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Union#Member_states

The European Union is composed of 27 independent sovereign countries which are known as member states: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and the United Kingdom

If they don't know something as basic as that, let alone anything else...

Reinstate the Death Penalty

Use flame throwers against protesters

All Constitutions abolished (you will be a slave)

Your courts have no say

Sounds terrible, wow, Europe must be a hellhole!
EU, the Fourth Reich
Yeah, except that every country that's in the EU joined because they wanted to...with Hitler they kinda didn't have a choice.

It is a total, utter load of {censored}. Nobody in Europe feels that the EU is the "Fourth Reich". Only some UK tabloids would like you to believe something like that. For everybody else the EU is about opportunities: live and work wherever you wish with little or no formalities, travel with no passport, no border controls and one currency (except for the countries who haven't signed the treaty of Schengen and haven't adopted the Euro), have one driving licence (instead of 27), have your education acknowledged in every member State, and so on...

Yeah, except that every country that's in the EU joined because they wanted to...with Hitler they kinda didn't have a choice.

Exactly, not a small difference. Some countries have literally begged to become members.

I think he was being sarcastic...

But anyway, I am tired of seeing these BS articles that you come up with, JonTheSavage that totally blow everything out of proportion. Those articles make it sound like the EU is the worst place in the world and that America is the answer to all if it get's over all it's problems. Both of those are not true. You should get your news from a non-bias source, such as CNN.

Again, sarcasm

The people were never given a vote in the matter, so you can't speak for them. Their governments signed them into the EU. Ireland is the only country, where votes determined its EU membership.

Ireland's votes just came in, and it was an overwhelming 'NO'. :)

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/june2...0608_a_vote.htm

after visiting many times the states I must tell you something john savage: I´m really happy to live in europe and not in the states. aren´t those points you are talking about anyway issues you have still to deal with in the states? also what you spread here is the half of the truth - same as on the link you provided.

to be clear I´m also against several points in the eu treaty, but what you spread here is polemic and dangerous superficial knowledge. gunowner ? victim? ...........sorry man you are just a victim of your narrow mind.

so hopefully one of the admins here will stop your abuse of this forum.

I think the EU has bought a lot of good things to Europe, such as the Common Agricultural Policy, which has helped farms move away from the inefficient peasant farming that dominates much of Europe.

Come on Europe, bring on the amalgamation, large scale and complete mechanisation and use GM crops. We have fantastic land, we could feed 2/3rds of the world if governments and countries and people worked together.

The people were never given a vote in the matter, so you can't speak for them. Their governments signed them into the EU. Ireland is the only country, where votes determined its EU membership.

Ireland's votes just came in, and it was an overwhelming 'NO'. :(

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/june2...0608_a_vote.htm

They are a bunch of ungrateful b.... If they are a wealthy country now they owe it to the EU funds.

In any case, this referendum could only affect the so called "European Constitution", not any previous treaty.

As to "The people were never given a vote in the matter", I am not aware the people of the USA ever got a chance to vote if they wanted to be a Federal State. On the contrary, the present situation was forced upon them by a civil war.

It's true in the UK the tabloids often paint a horrible picture of the EU. I've never read too deeply into the EU and what benefits we see from it (except what Alessandro17 has already mentioned as I'm aware of those) but I certainly don't at the moment feel it's holding the UK back.

Sure some people will complain the expansion of the EU is taking away their jobs. But this is mainly the case with people in low skilled areas, who I think need some motivation to get some training to secure their jobs better. Also it's these low skilled job workers who do your head in when they do a rubbish job and run away with your money. So I say it's time they paid. ;)

Anyway a major reason I'm for the EU is because I think there needs to be a power in the world that can match the US. At the moment we're not there but I don't like the idea of one superpower. Several sounds safer.

Erm... Is the threadstarter from a different planet?

Total bs, no sources at all, this creepy page is 3rd Reich propaganda style in Reinkultur. The EU is great and adds possibilities for any citizen to actually be able to claim their rights on a continental scale. JonThe Savage: Did you ever even bother reading the European treaties or even have a look at how they are integrated into national legislations?

Erm... Is the threadstarter from a different planet?JonThe Savage: Did you ever even bother reading the European treaties or even have a look at how they are integrated into national legislations?
I rarely agree with anything Jon has to say. He is in a perpetual state of outrage. Like most fringe thinkers and conspiracy theorists, he quickly embraces most anything sharing his views regardless of the source. But come to think of it, don't we all do that? Those of us more in the mainstream would naturally have the benefit of referring to more substantiated source material. While on the decline, journalistic standards employed by more recognized and reputable news agencies do undergo more scrutiney than many of these fringe outlets whose only purpose is spouting their own version of outrage. More often than not, Jon is offensive and thuggish but he's certainly no tangible threat to rational thought. Quite the contrary, his shock value may actually motivate some to educate themselves to the issues. He has a knack for stirring up interest. If our perspectives can't stand up to his brand of undisciplined criticism maybe we need to rethink our positions. And let's be realistic. Without Jon, where would we get half our subject material? To the aptly named Savage! *raises his diet coke* May God's peace, blessings and mercy be upon him... he could sure use a little of each.
Anyway a major reason I'm for the EU is because I think there needs to be a power in the world that can match the US. At the moment we're not there but I don't like the idea of one superpower. Several sounds safer.
*laugh*No need to worry. America's political and economic might are certainly in decline. If it's not our cowboy politics and near xenophobia, we'll do ourselves in with our shoddy economic planning and poor fiscal responsibility. It has been said that the 19th century belonged to Europe, the 20th was America's, and now China is positioning itself to be the powerhouse of the 21st. At least Europe had the sense to reinvent itself. I just hope we figure out how to do the same.

It has been said that the 19th century belonged to Europe, the 20th was America's, and now China is positioning itself to be the powerhouse of the 21st. At least Europe had the sense to reinvent itself. I just hope we figure out how to do the same.

Honestly speaking that scares me given the way China treats it's own citizen. I'm totally against Americas constant thirst for wanting to get into a fight but at least it tries to get international consensus (although it ignore that with Iraq). China doesn't even care. The fact that they can go on a rampage in Tibetan so close to the Olympics and not even worry about it and further more get away with it is seriously worrying. Also exactly how many missiles are they aiming towards Taiwan? These are troubling times indeed.

But yeah I still wish America, Europe, China, Russia and maybe the Middle East (- corrupt rulers) could all share super power. The more of them there are, the safer I guess the world is.

And SticMAN, although I agree Joh brings up a lot of questionable topics, he's initial posts at least are polite and so we should be too.

after visiting many times the states I must tell you something john savage: I´m really happy to live in europe and not in the states. aren´t those points you are talking about anyway issues you have still to deal with in the states? also what you spread here is the half of the truth - same as on the link you provided.to be clear I´m also against several points in the eu treaty, but what you spread here is polemic and dangerous superficial knowledge. gunowner ? victim? ...........sorry man you are just a victim of your narrow mind.so hopefully one of the admins here will stop your abuse of this forum.
OH Don't worry. Your government will deal with you, and you will love it. Big Brother loves you. They way you worship them, I'm not surprised by your extremist response.We kicked your ass, and sent you back to Briton in 1776. I'm all in favor of another.... but since you are unarmed, it wouldn't be much of a challenge, more like target practice.
They are a bunch of ungrateful b.... If they are a wealthy country now they owe it to the EU funds.In any case, this referendum could only affect the so called "European Constitution", not any previous treaty.As to "The people were never given a vote in the matter", I am not aware the people of the USA ever got a chance to vote if they wanted to be a Federal State. On the contrary, the present situation was forced upon them by a civil war.
We never wanted industrialazion. We were farmers. And no, I don't admire hitler like you do. Hitler was a Lincolnist. Lincoln got what he deserved.
Erm... Is the threadstarter from a different planet?Total bs, no sources at all, this creepy page is 3rd Reich propaganda style in Reinkultur. The EU is great and adds possibilities for any citizen to actually be able to claim their rights on a continental scale. JonThe Savage: Did you ever even bother reading the European treaties or even have a look at how they are integrated into national legislations?
Yes, and the EU should be destroyed.

OOOOHH! It's called censorship, and it's alive and well, even here @ IM!

SticMAN

oh cmon, he's allowed to compare where I live to the third reich, but I'm not allowed to tell him he lives in a compound??

oh cmon, he's allowed to compare where I live to the third reich, but I'm not allowed to tell him he lives in a compound??

that´s not correct - he was talking about the "fourth reich"........so he´s one of the"boys from brazil" :dev:

maybe the Dad of a Mod??! :dev:

or a Donator?

SticMAN

I just cant believe someone is allowed to start a topic with such a title, and we aren't allowed to reply in kind....

{censored} that, why can't we just publicly ridicule him?

OOOOHH! It's called censorship, and it's alive and well, even here @ IM!

SticMAN

Whichever moderator did this. Please don't censor SticMAN's posts. He is entitled to his opinion. No matter how brain dead it is, even if it is the drugs he takes, thats talking. He still is entitled to his 1st amendment.

Thanks,

It's that stuff I got from your Mom!? :(

SticMAN

Whichever moderator did this. Please don't censor SticMAN's posts. He is entitled to his opinion. No matter how brain dead it is, even if it is the drugs he takes, thats talking. He still is entitled to his 1st amendment.

Thanks,