Complete Updates for Newbies and All -- Currently 10.5.5 Combo (Only Intel CPUs)

2,152 posts in this topic

Hey Mysticus C I fixed that Nvinject problem for my GA Geforce 7300gs 256mb. Thought you might want to have the kext. I borrowed the 256mb Nvinject.kext from your package and changed the NVCAP in it´s info.plist so it sets the signal to VGA DVI instead of DVI DVI.

It´s probably allmoast sure it´s possible to get it to work DVI VGA by using another NVCAP string. I have a thread over in the Hardware and drivers graphics about it if anybody needs that string and how to do it.

It works for my card got QE and dual displays (using a DVI VGA converter on the DVI port), probably for other to but I don´t know that for sure.

One thing I believe people do wrong when they laborate with kexts is they forget to delete the com.apple.kext.info in the caches folder in system/library/extensions and repair permissions before they reboot.

My specs:

GA P35-DS3R

Q6600

GA Geforce 7300gs 256mb

8 gig memory

1 Sata2 HD

1 IDE HD

1 IDE DVD

Bios set to AHCI everywhere you can :D

JMicronATA_64 bit for IDE to work

Power OFF bugg fix working pretty good leaves my CPU fan and powersupply on sometimes though but that´s small stuff.

Pci FW card with TI chipset for my Saffire Pro 10 i/o soundcard

Upgraded to retail Leo 10.5.3

NVinject.kext.zip

starobrno1 : One thing I believe people do wrong when they laborate with kexts is they forget to delete the com.apple.kext.info in the caches folder in system/library/extensions and repair permissions before they reboot.

I tried with your metod for my 7300 but when I rebooted my pc it give me the error that you can see in the photo ...

hpim1458dl8.jpg

hpim1462wo6.jpg

Hello All,

I have tried the 10.5.3 update (1.4a) on an unmodified iATKOS 2.0i stable install in a Dell Precision 360. The update completes without any problems. However, the subsequent boot fails as a result of a panic call. See message in screen capture image. The boot process appears to be looking for the ACPI driver in disk1s2/leo... The system is loaded on disk0s1 so I don't know why the boot process is trying to access disk1s2. I should also mention by way of background that whenever I reboot the system the iATKOS 2.0i install disk must be in the dvd drive or else the boot fails. Does anybody know what steps I should take next?

post-243355-1214534847_thumb.jpg

mmm strange, i did a forum search for 'PAM error" and i didn't find it. Anyways i am gonna try.
You cannot truely use the search on this forum. It is not functioning like it should. The best way to located anything on this forum is to go out to google and type what you are looking for adding insanelymac to it... IE.... "PAM Error 10.5.3 insanelymac"They are currently working on a solution to this issue. I have seen some posting on it in the Donator's Lobby.

We should all leave Mysticus a little breathing room. Follow his instructions carefully.

Always backup...and I advise not performing any updates from anyone on your main system.

Make sure you are carefully selecting your Kernel and settings. AS he said before... The general settings should work for most. But, updates should be done only if you know what you are doing. I didn't even listen to this advice. As I know very little....... I just got lucky. :thumbsup_anim:

You cannot truely use the search on this forum. It is not functioning like it should. The best way to located anything on this forum is to go out to google and type what you are looking for adding insanelymac to it... IE.... "PAM Error 10.5.3 insanelymac"They are currently working on a solution to this issue. I have seen some posting on it in the Donator's Lobby.

We should all leave Mysticus a little breathing room. Follow his instructions carefully.

Always backup...and I advise not performing any updates from anyone on your main system.

Make sure you are carefully selecting your Kernel and settings. AS he said before... The general settings should work for most. But, updates should be done only if you know what you are doing. I didn't even listen to this advice. As I know very little....... I just got lucky. :P

exactly... testing takes time... i think i found a solution and trying to work it out... but it takes painful long amount of time... i had to check 40+ scripts to figure out what is causing this issue... it involves lots of cloning and reinstalling of update to compare systems and checking the differences... to see everything matches and working... so please be patient... this is a learning curve for everyone... one things learnt, it will take only couple of hours to make a patched update to be released... for example 10.5.4 :D

bricking system in a controlled environment is good bcoz u can see what is going wrong while you still have one working system like i explained in the post#1 about creating a brick free system... so it is up to you guys to test things out on a test partition... once you do it, you will understand how easy things are gonna be for you in the future!

I tried with your metod for my 7300 but when I rebooted my pc it give me the error that you can see in the photo ...

hpim1458dl8.jpg

hpim1462wo6.jpg

OH man I wrote a pretty long reply to you Andrea but the server went down so I lost it, it sucks when these things happend. Well that´s life sorry but I can´t see what it say on the pictures.

I see you have a laptop maby this Nvinject is not for laptops, laptops don´t they have onboard videocards?

Well anyway what I did was I "borrowed" the 256mb Nvinjekt.kext from Mysicus packade and changed only the NVCAP string from DVI DVI to VGA DVI meaning your first video port/connector/output becomes VGA and the second becomes DVI. This gives you can add a VGA converter to your DVI port to be able to connect a VGA monitor even to that one.

As I understand you have to remove all old video kexts like old Nvinject and Natit before you install the new one then you clear the caches and do the repair permissions. But like I said it works for me I´ve got a homebrewed desktop hack (look at my specs in my last reply) I´m not sure about laptops though.

If anything is unclear in my own thread over in Hardware and Drivers about this please let me know and I´ll rewrite it. I´mean in case you tried to change the kext over to DVI VGA instead and that´s what went wrong.

Hello All,

I have tried the 10.5.3 update (1.4a) on an unmodified iATKOS 2.0i stable install in a Dell Precision 360. The update completes without any problems. However, the subsequent boot fails as a result of a panic call. See message in screen capture image. The boot process appears to be looking for the ACPI driver in disk1s2/leo... The system is loaded on disk0s1 so I don't know why the boot process is trying to access disk1s2. I should also mention by way of background that whenever I reboot the system the iATKOS 2.0i install disk must be in the dvd drive or else the boot fails. Does anybody know what steps I should take next?

post-243355-1214534847_thumb.jpg

I have the same problem aswell as you, I hope somebody can help us fix this problem

ok guys, I made it once again... fixed terminal error, and no suid no share errors... and new update1.4.b is up and running... only free :P is on this time no mirrors yet... do this update on top of a clean install, but if u wanna test it on top of previous update, do so and report back results...

@nscx: you guys are pre booting from dvd which is loading kernel and pre boot settings from dvd and trying to boot from disk1s2 which seems to be your active partition otherwise it wouldnt bother looking at that location... so what i mean in short is you have bootloader problem in the first place bcoz u r using dvd to boot, you cant boot from hdd itself? you gotta fix this first... if both of u have same problem exactly same messages, means your system is already scrambled... the update package has nothing to do with bootloader...

but if you say you were able to boot from hdd but this update broke it? than story is different,,, u can give new update a try... but make sure you know what you are doing... like some systems esp laptops or some certain mobos has acpi problem in their bios, so they need to use older acpi driver... make sure you replace acpi driver from one of your previous ones... (meaning if u start clean this new update package will backup your extensions folder so you can grab teh files, from backupkexts folder, if you wanna do this update on top of previous one, i m not sure i made acpi backup in previous one... check previous backup folder named bakcups, or else you gotta grab your previous acpi driver somehow...)

good luck...

Hi Mysticus

Well done and many thanks.....your v1.4b 10.5.3 Updater has worked fine on my clean 10.5.2 Main system...... sharing OK..... repair permissions OK....... ;)

Only, as usual I just have to reinstall the Taruga_AD1988b_rev3_Installer to recover my audio funtions.....but hey no problem.... ;)

Will now update 10.5.2 Second system..... :)

Many thanks again for all your efforts and patience..... :boxing: with my Master Cloner IOUSBFamily.kext mistake..... :wacko:

Hi Mysticus

Well done and many thanks.....your v1.4b 10.5.3 Updater has worked fine on my clean 10.5.2 Main system...... sharing OK..... repair permissions OK....... :)

Only, as usual I just have to reinstall the Taruga_AD1988b_rev3_Installer to recover my audio funtions.....but hey no problem.... ;)

Will now update 10.5.2 Second system..... :)

Many thanks again for all your efforts and patience..... :wallbash: with my Master Cloner IOUSBFamily.kext mistake..... :wallbash:

glad to hear that... next update (10.5.4) will be much quicker with least casualties :)

i want you to check the terminal as well? also make sure check login is in /usr/bin as well? :)

cheers...

SIDE NOTE TO ALL:

I will be away for two weeks going to far far east :) tomorrow... So, see you guys in two weeks from tomorrow...

glad to hear that... next update (10.5.4) will be much quicker with least casualties :wallbash:

i want you to check the terminal as well? also make sure check login is in /usr/bin as well? :wallbash:

cheers...

SIDE NOTE TO ALL:

I will be away for two weeks going to far far east ;) tomorrow... So, see you guys in two weeks from tomorrow...

Hi Mysticus,

Terminal works to cd to /usr/bin/ and confirm that the login file (Unix executable file;60KB;9 April 2008,03:54) present in /usr/bin..... :)

Enjoy your two break from us all..... :) and fly away with our thanks ring in your ears..... :)

Hi Mysticus,

Terminal works to cd to /usr/bin/ and confirm that the login file (Unix executable file;60KB;9 April 2008,03:54) present in /usr/bin..... :)

Enjoy your two break from us all..... :hysterical: and fly away with our thanks ring in your ears..... :)

thanx for feedback :) by the way, i made a small change in the scripts to ensure if it finds any pcgenusbehci, it will remove it :) so no need to worry about it, check it if you like? :)

thanx for feedback :police: by the way, i made a small change in the scripts to ensure if it finds any pcgenusbehci, it will remove it :( so no need to worry about it, check it if you like? :)

Hi Mysticus

I have a free volume for a quick install to test it.... :)

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR TEST....

NOW THIS MAY BE MY LAST MESSAGE... IN TWO WEEKS TIME, I WILL START REPLYING...

good luck everyone, hope it works out well for majority of the people, i know it will work for everyone bcoz of the mixture of hardwares/drivers involved... so just kindly report problems if possible with pics or logs...explaining when/what happens/symptoms... i may try to help later...

@tense: i will take a look at your issue later again, and i may find a solution to your problem maybe if it is not hardware problem in the first place... bcoz if you say driver works first time but not after restart, it sounds like driver doesnt load... i can ensure to make it load, but it will need testing, and quick results... else it is painful to make a test pkg and wait for a result 8-10 hrs than make another test pkg... in between i forget things sometimes so it makes it more diffucult...

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR TEST....

NOW THIS MAY BE MY LAST MESSAGE... IN TWO WEEKS TIME, I WILL START REPLYING...

good luck everyone, hope it works out well for majority of the people, i know it will work for everyone bcoz of the mixture of hardwares/drivers involved... so just kindly report problems if possible with pics or logs...explaining when/what happens/symptoms... i may try to help later...

@tense: i will take a look at your issue later again, and i may find a solution to your problem maybe if it is not hardware problem in the first place... bcoz if you say driver works first time but not after restart, it sounds like driver doesnt load... i can ensure to make it load, but it will need testing, and quick results... else it is painful to make a test pkg and wait for a result 8-10 hrs than make another test pkg... in between i forget things sometimes so it makes it more diffucult...

Hi Mysticus, Test was successful.... I deliberately chose to install PCGenUSBEHCI from the Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD.....checked it was present in IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins, and then ran your v1.4b Updater..... as you say it is removed!..... Excellent feature in your v1.4b Updater for new installers of Kalyway 10.5.2 ! :thumbsup_anim:

The Nvinject.kext I uploaded here also works on my Asus P4P800se mobo, P4 3Ghz cpu with the PNY AGP 8X 256MB videocard. I´m typing this from it now, QE and dual displays working on this one to.

You have to move or delete your old Nvinject or Natit kext and then you delete the com.apple.kext.info file in the system/library/extensions/cahes folder and then repair permissions using diskutility before you reboot. Good luck