ATI AC 97 Sounds (SB400) effort

Andras Kenez

696 posts in this topic

I tried to kextload it, and I got:

25AppleAC97AudioEnginePCMIn is not compatible with its superclass, 20AppleAC97AudioEngine superclass changed?

kextload: a link/load error occured for kernel extension AppleAC97Audio.kext

load failed for extension AppleAC97Audio.kext

(run kextload with -t for diagnostic output)

My IOAudioFamily.kext is from the JAS 10.4.6 DVD, SSE2 patch....

Using the 10.4.7 update

Okay, that is REALLY weird. Download the 1.0.5 source and burty's complete package from page 19 of this thread and try to compile it for yourself.

Doesn't this have to be loaded at boot time? All I did was copy/paste into extensions directory and purge kextcache.

I have also MSI MS-1029 Motherboard whit ATI 0x43701002 Audio and only headphone jack is working.

It would be super cool if pc speakers could work too.

:hysterical:

*coughs* As I mentioned, MSI boards have a unique quirk that we're still working on fixing. You'll be notified when we solve the issue.

i just try AppleAC97Audio_withpowersaving[1].kext ,i have desktop pc ,my mobo is MSI RS480 CPU=AMD Venice 3000+ onboard sound card ID=4370 (realtek ALC655)

output is working perfectly but input not and i saw difrent output from audio midi setup,its suported 2 chanel ,4 chanel and 5+1 chanell audio but i cant use 5+1 ,when i select 5+1 get kernel panic ;)

its show everything working on system pref. but only output is working ;)

thx a lot for great effor

Edit; when i click Logic express i get kernel panic about core audio

post-11335-1152189840_thumb.png

last time i checked, the driver didn't work for me. had to do with smc or something like that, and the driver and kernel versions not being recognized properly.

jas 10-4-6 brand new, amd turion64 SSE3.

i try OMGWTFBBQ.zip, now no kernel panic but only 2x sound and no input,its show input working but i havent input :D

lets help me pls :D

input is shown as another device, also i don't think input works atm...i could be mistaken