New Security Update for Intel Macs

cavemonkey50

83 posts in this topic

From what I'm hearing ZIp and DMG mounts work after installing and replacing the loginwindow file. What about Disk Utility? I have yet to hear someone say it's working.

I forgot to say i had no Problems with File Permission Fix i did after the Restart. :)

Seeing BG1454, so it looks like it took even though I reloaded the 10.4.5 update...

My autologin broke with 10.4.5 and the login window came up with the caps lock on (even though the keyboard light was off), after the sec update and the reload of 10.4.5, its still stuck but now it starts without the caps lock engaged. Strange...

After security update + itunes 6.04 disk utility won't repair permissions and zip won't open too !

used procedure : backup loginwindow + update + -s boot + restore loginwindow

AMD 64 x2 4400+ + k8n neo4 platinum (nforce4)

Everything worked before security update : fresk install of 10.4.4 + intel patch + AMD patch + 10.4.5 upgrade all included in the downloaded DVD.

Is the problme related to the AMD CPU or the DVD install I used ?

Any other AMD user encounter the same issue ?

Any hint to fix or do I reinstall ?

Still wondering where the difference is between a PowerPC based machine and an Intel based one like ours:

after the update my G4 is listing:

System Version: Mac Os X 10.4.5 (8H14)

Kernel Version: Darwin 8.5.0

and my Intel laptop:

System Version: Mac OS X 10.4.5 (8G1454)

Kernel Version: Darwin 8.4.1

What file in the update is changing the version numbers? LoginWindow??????

After security update + itunes 6.04 disk utility won't repair permissions and zip won't open too !

used procedure : backup loginwindow + update + -s boot + restore loginwindow

AMD 64 x2 4400+ + k8n neo4 platinum (nforce4)

Everything worked before security update : fresk install of 10.4.4 + intel patch + AMD patch + 10.4.5 upgrade all included in the downloaded DVD.

Is the problme related to the AMD CPU or the DVD install I used ?

Any other AMD user encounter the same issue ?

Any hint to fix or do I reinstall ?

installing the sec update was a bad idea, you can't use it on an amd cpu because a bunch of the binaries should be cracked to remove the GenuineHomo check

Myzar,

Would the existing AMD enabler v1a patch applied again on the newly updated 10.4.5 be of any help to solve this disk utility and zip problem ?

no it will screw your system more, because it references the absolute address of the original binaries.

You should wait for maxxuss to release an updated cpuid patch