OS X 10.4.5 Package Installer

Viscaria

102 posts in this topic

Update:

I'm still working on my installer. It presently includes AppleAC97Audio, ApplePS2Controller, IOATAFamily from 10.4.3, and IONetworkingFamily from 10.4.3 as optional installs. I will also include any other kexts that are requested on this thread (included those already requested) and possibly an option to add your own kexts as desired.

I am following the thread but I unfourtunatly don't have the time to reply to every message. The patch will be released when it is released and it won't be on the site of the demon. It will be about 10 - 15 MB's depending on how many kexts I add. It will be a DVD patch, not a DVD image. Don't get your hopes up for upgrading from 10.4.3 or 10.4.4. It will have a simple tutorial included. It will require at least Apple's 10.4.5 updater for Intel and the 10.4.4 installation disk.

I have not tried anyone elses DVD patches so I can't compare them with mine, but I can tell you that mine will be quite spiffy and you don't have to use it if you like myzar's better.

Alright, the reason that this wasn't done days ago is that I'm quite hung up on one problem. For some reason SystemUIServer won't work. I've tried rebuilding my installer in several different configurations and even reinstalling Maxxuss' decrypted binaries... any idea?

If anybody knows what would keep SystemUIServer from loading, please reply.

Alright, the reason that this wasn't done days ago is that I'm quite hung up on one problem. For some reason SystemUIServer won't work. I've tried rebuilding my installer in several different configurations and even reinstalling Maxxuss' decrypted binaries... any idea?

Hi Viscaria, I'm not sure which problem r u having, but try looking it at google I searched and a lot of problems appeared ;)

sorry... just found out that the file is the 200mb patch...

no... this is a dvd to install and it has the patch already applied... couldn't find the patch thou... but i think that i found it on tpb that seems to be a bit the same... i'm downloading it now to check it...

EXCUSE ME VISCARIA, BUT WHEN WILL THE PACKAGE BE AVAILABLE?

Guys, be nice and patient. Remember that Viscaria is doing this for free and in his own time. If everyone keeps banging on about wanting it now and expecting it as a right, you'll just p*** him off and he might take his toys somewhere else. I'm sure he's working on it as fast as he can and all kudos to him for that! Viscaria - great work!

I am running 10.4.3 happily, and hesitating to update until this installer is finished.

Please could someone explain the differences/advantages that this package will have over the myzar 10.4.4/10.4.5 update dvd circulating?

Try setting your patch package to install last in the installation,so it should be.Base system, Essentals,BSD and then your packages,If you are making the installation of the update optional,place your selection at the bottom of the Choices in the osinstall.dist.

Also you have 2 packages, the 10.4.5 update and the the patch solution,combine them into one package.So extract the 4.5 update.... replace the files in it with the decrypted ones ....... and package the new update,add it to the installer and have it set up to install last.

Good luck

• 3 weeks later...