OS X 10.4.5 Package Installer

Viscaria

102 posts in this topic

ARGH! thank you, I guess I'll just download that one and try it since I messed something up I think when re-ripping the 10.4.4 disc.

what is everyone else's speed on this file? I"m getting like 25kb/sec.

It's coming along but won't be up as soon as I originally promised, as adding extra features (see attachment) takes time. That and I'm eating dinner at my fiancee's parents house out of town tonight and I don't have space on my iBook to bring all my tools with me. Rest assured I will tell everyone when it is ready. Sorry about being so bullish on the ETA, but you cat expect somthing this week.

post-16504-1141241505_thumb.png

ARGH! thank you, I guess I'll just download that one and try it since I messed something up I think when re-ripping the 10.4.4 disc.

what is everyone else's speed on this file? I"m getting like 25kb/sec.

Is this the right one: 3451287? There are no seeders :angel: (maybe the tracker is overloaded...)

Mike

Is this the right one: 3451287?

yes, well, I'm downloading it (it says i'm downloading from 11 of 43 peers), I think there is a seeder, and his file is currently updating or something. anywayz, might as well start it, if thers not a seeder now, he'll be back. but its been at 0 since it was announced.

yes, well, I'm downloading it (it says i'm downloading from 11 of 43 peers), I think there is a seeder, and his file is currently updating or something. anywayz, might as well start it, if thers not a seeder now, he'll be back. but its been at 0 since it was announced.

Thanks for the info. Can't find any peers at the moment, only getting an error message...

EDIT: Got the 200MB patch file, applying that to the 10.4.4 release DVD. Hope I can then get it to work on my Thinkpad...

i think ill just wait for viscaria updater.... i dont want to download again a biggy... it took me 15 days and 7 hours to dl the restore disk.... and a loads of power shut off in our area....or maybe the 200 mb myzar will do...

Hi, thanks for the info about TPB

but im wondering where else can i find the 200mb patch by itself? i can't download new iso again because here in australia we have insanely stupid bandwidth limits. Can anyone help me save the lengthy download of the new file?

thanks!

I'm also looking for the 'MacOSX 10.4.4DVD Final ppf with 10.4.5 update '.

Seems that it's only out on demo, but I don't have an account :/

Would anybody be kind enough to help me one this one ? Maybe PM me the torrent or something...

Thanks

PM me for demo invite

I'm also looking for the 'MacOSX 10.4.4DVD Final ppf with 10.4.5 update '.

Seems that it's only out on demo, but I don't have an account :/

Would anybody be kind enough to help me one this one ? Maybe PM me the torrent or something...

Thanks

There is a 10.4.4 DVD patch in the wild now, but I thought I'd rather role my own. I put everyone's favorite 10.4.5 Patch Solution into an OS X Installer pkg, and added it to the install disk. Small potatoes sure, but it's damn slick. I'm about to test it, but this should install 10.4.5 right off of the DVD (mind you I am booting the 10.4.3 DVD and installing 10.4.4 and 10.4.5 from there).

post-16504-1141139809_thumb.png

I have a few questions:

1.- how big is this package?

2.- when will the package be available?

3.- where I can get it?

4.- will you add an easy HOW-TO, or a tutorial?

It's coming along but won't be up as soon as I originally promised, as adding extra features (see attachment) takes time.

post-16504-1141241505_thumb.png

Viscaria thanx a lot for your effort for our community!

You do the GREAT thing.

But please do not forget to include 10.4.3 extensions in your 10.4.5 install:

/System/Library/AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext – for users with GMA 900 onboard

/System/Library/IOATA*.kext – for ATA proper work

P.S. If smb knows smth else to be added, pls report here too.

Viscaria thanx a lot for your effort for our community!

You do the GREAT thing.

But please do not forget to include 10.4.3 extensions in your 10.4.5 install:

/System/Library/AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext – for users with GMA 900 onboard

/System/Library/IOATA*.kext – for ATA proper work

P.S. If smb knows smth else to be added, pls report here too.

Please also add AppleVIAATA.kext for via chipsets.

Thanks for your effort.

1.- how big is this package?

2.- when will the package be available?

3.- where I can get it?

4.- will you add an easy HOW-TO, or a tutorial?

5.- will the package include all that we need for a succesful mac os x 10.4.5 intallation?