AppleHDA for Realtek ALC892 266.5 (10.10)

1 Screenshot

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

\thanks working good with hdenabler :D

edit : the sound is horrible after listening  couple minutes ,i hear  buzzzzzzzz   then i need to stop video and wait couple seconds then do again ...... 

@ham4ever: It might be an incorrect bus speed value calculated by Clover. If you use Clover, make sure you have a recent revision. Should the problem persist, set a manual value for BusSpeedkHz.

• Like 1

Yes, Chameleon shouldn't cause this problem, at least I didn't hear of it yet. Does it happen on every boot or only sometimes?

You should try older AppleHDA versions and see if you get the buzz.

@kokousic: According to your motherboard's info page it uses an ALC692 codec, not an ALC892.

@tumoxep: As far as I know it shouldn't matter if you use Intel or AMD in this case. Did you check if layout-id 1 is injected successfully and did you rebuild the kernel cache?

I have the same "buzz" issue others mentioned. I am using DSDT and Chameleon.

I didn't have the issue before when using the "bundle package that we shouldn't mention here", which is also said using toleda's patch...

Very noisy and good audio track is very silent.. - through backpanel green jack connector on my Asus P8 Z68V-LE mainboard.

And same setup is Windows and Linux sound clear.

Sound through orange - digital out is ok, in wifi headphones.

@ruthan: You should try toleda's current AppleHDA version.

Most probably I won't do any updates here anymore.

I tried old 2.5.3 version here is still some noise, but sound is much better in general and volume is ok.

AppleHDA is compatible, how is differece, between Realtek a AppleHDA driver, will it work?