1016 replies to this topic

fffa

fffa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
:(

Marvell Yukon 88E8040 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller <VEN_11AB&DEV_4354> (couldn't find any kext on the forum yet)
After editing IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon.kext/Contents/Info.plist, the Ethernet was detected!!! Success was short lived - status shows "Ethernet cable not plugged in" regardless of it connected or not :( Profiler shows ethernet is present complete with IP address, but I couldn't access my router 192.168... so the NIC is still not properly initialized.

Is there any possibility that you can develop a driver for Yukon Ethernet?
Connection rate by Airport is really slow....
Thanks in tons!

kerms

kerms

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Hullo, could you maybe add Dell 1525 to the list? I'm using the (dreaded) GMA X3100 ;) Anyway, here's my config:

Install Kalyway 10.5.1, updated to 10.5.2 with Kaly Combo Update
GMA X3100, ONLY works on EXTERNAL monitor. 1680 * 1050 * 32. Full QE/CI (total blank on internal monitor. why won't it run on 1440 * 900 when capable of 1680 is beyond me). Already tried natit.kext but didn't work, don't want to use the sleep trick ;)

Marvell Yukon 88E8040 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller <VEN_11AB&DEV_4354> (couldn't find any kext on the forum yet)
After editing IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon.kext/Contents/Info.plist, the Ethernet was detected!!! Success was short lived - status shows "Ethernet cable not plugged in" regardless of it connected or not ;) Profiler shows ethernet is present complete with IP address, but I couldn't access my router 192.168... so the NIC is still not properly initialized.

Single user mode saved my life many times now, after (really) countless of erase and installs of Leopard, I really loathe GMA X3100

Kalyway 10.5.2 here
Dell 1520
bought a dell wireless 1390 card thats recognized as airport
most utilities work, x11 does not
bolded applies to me above

PS: {censored} the x3100

deathcab

deathcab

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
tried to install on my dell xps m1330, started up in safe mode (for some reason, this is the only mode i can load osx in) and installed the 2 finger scroll and battery package. restarted and upon restart, osx would no longer load. it just gave me the grey apple loading screen and then a circle with a line through it above that after about a minute. had to uninstall and reinstall osx :(

boomboxxsocks

boomboxxsocks

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Build 0.2.3:
- Add Sigmatel 9205 prepatched kexts.
Link: http://rapidshare.co....O.2.3.zip.html

TESTERS: Please give your laptop model (and Hardware), release used, build used and Kernel installed.
A step by step installation will be better to report each section problem.
Thanks.

[/quote]

yo

i installed the build 0.2.3 on my dell vostro 1700 to see if it would work.

i installed sigmatel 9205 first and it didnt work so i installed all the sound kexts. then i also installed the british keyboard, fix disk permission.

and neither worked!

so now i still have no sound and the an added extra the track pad is not working on my dell vostro 1700.

could you please help to fix the track pad and the sound. (the track pad just goes mental when you touch it... and slowly goes up to the top left corner... very annoying)

is there going to be an installer made for the Vostro series and not just XPS and inspiration series?

hope you can help

thanks

Boom!

sonotone

sonotone

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

When trying to start the DellPackage.0.2.3 and I get the message "you use an old version Only for Leopard

Sounds strange, it define minimum target for 10.5.0... Try the 0.2.2b to see if you have the same issue.

ried to install on my dell xps m1330, started up in safe mode (for some reason, this is the only mode i can load osx in) and installed the 2 finger scroll and battery package. restarted and upon restart, osx would no longer load. it just gave me the grey apple loading screen and then a circle with a line through it above that after about a minute. had to uninstall and reinstall osx

Battery meter is only for 10.5.2 (it's specified into installer). Maybe you ran it with 10.5.1

i installed the build 0.2.3 on my dell vostro 1700 to see if it would work.

i installed sigmatel 9205 first and it didnt work so i installed all the sound kexts. then i also installed the british keyboard, fix disk permission.

and neither worked!

so now i still have no sound and the an added extra the track pad is not working on my dell vostro 1700.

could you please help to fix the track pad and the sound. (the track pad just goes mental when you touch it... and slowly goes up to the top left corner... very annoying)

is there going to be an installer made for the Vostro series and not just XPS and inspiration series?

You have to open "international" to check british keyboard.
Vstro users seem's to have issues with 2-fingers. I recommend to visit Ranova thread for furthers informations.
Sigmatel 9205 kexts comes from a Vostro 1700 owner, so it's supppose to work with yours, but maybe something goes wrong with installer. Did you saw the sound icon in menu bar?
There is a link here to a small package with only sigmatel 9205 kexts, can you try it and give me a report (if it's doesn't works, try to remove AppleHDA.kext and ALCinject.kext (in Extensions folder) before to install.

9205: http://forum.insanel...t...st&id=25541

Dreagone

Dreagone

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Dell XPS m170

Intel pro 2200BG wireless
Broadcom 570x gigabit network
Dell wireless 350 Bluetooth internal card
Sigmatell c-major audio

Does any of those work?
and how do i get the new drivers into the .ISO?

macgirl

macgirl

Stargate's Pharaoh

• Retired
  • 7,615 posts
  • Interests:Techie gadgets

tried to install on my dell xps m1330, started up in safe mode (for some reason, this is the only mode i can load osx in) and installed the 2 finger scroll and battery package. restarted and upon restart, osx would no longer load. it just gave me the grey apple loading screen and then a circle with a line through it above that after about a minute. had to uninstall and reinstall osx :)

Did you try to boot in Verbose Mode (-v) to watch for errors and warnings?

daveman123

daveman123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Can anyone confirm if the sound and battery installations work for the Kalyway install for dellxps m1530?

boomboxxsocks

boomboxxsocks

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Sounds strange, it define minimum target for 10.5.0... Try the 0.2.2b to see if you have the same issue. Battery meter is only for 10.5.2 (it's specified into installer). Maybe you ran it with 10.5.1You have to open "international" to check british keyboard.Vstro users seem's to have issues with 2-fingers. I recommend to visit Ranova thread for furthers informations. Sigmatel 9205 kexts comes from a Vostro 1700 owner, so it's supppose to work with yours, but maybe something goes wrong with installer. Did you saw the sound icon in menu bar? There is a link here to a small package with only sigmatel 9205 kexts, can you try it and give me a report (if it's doesn't works, try to remove AppleHDA.kext and ALCinject.kext (in Extensions folder) before to install. 9205: http://forum.insanel...t...st&id=25541

ok the british keyboard is still checked and still the trackpad is not working? and i dont really want to try Ronava's thread as if it doesnt work i have to use and external keyboard and mose to fix it... seems alot of hassle ;-)no sound card visable? will try this link and get back to you.Boom

ok the british keyboard is still checked and still the trackpad is not working? and i dont really want to try Ronava's thread as if it doesnt work i have to use and external keyboard and mose to fix it... seems alot of hassle ;-)no sound card visable? will try this link and get back to you.Boom

the sound is now working.... since using the direct installer ;-) thanks.but the track pad is still not working.Boom!

pablovbas

pablovbas

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
This will be very useful for a friend of mine.... thanks brother :thumbsup_anim:

pabs :devil:

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
macgirl at Apr 15 2008, 07:19 PM<br /><br />......on my dell xps m1330, started up in safe mode (for some reason, this is the only mode i can load osx in) and installed the 2 finger scroll and battery package. restarted and upon restart, osx would no longer load. it just gave me the grey apple loading screen and then a circle with a line through it above that after about a minute. had to uninstall and reinstall osx.....&quot;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;**************I have the same exprience: I installed some of the items of this installer but it ruined my MACOsX-Kaliway 10.5 installation on my Dell inspiron 9400. I restarted with the Kaliway disk and used disk utility to repair permissions. That seemed to work but: no reboot is possible. Is there a way te uninstall this package or tp go back to a working system or repair the installation??&lt;br /&gt;Or is the best and fasted way to restart the installation again from zero?

sonotone

sonotone

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,151 posts

macgirl at Apr 15 2008, 07:19 PM

......on my dell xps m1330, started up in safe mode (for some reason, this is the only mode i can load osx in) and installed the 2 finger scroll and battery package. restarted and upon restart, osx would no longer load. it just gave me the grey apple loading screen and then a circle with a line through it above that after about a minute. had to uninstall and reinstall osx....."<br /><br />I installed some of the items of this installer but it ruined my MACOsX-Kaliway 10.5 installation on my Dell inspiron 9400. I restarted with the Kaliway disk and used disk utility to repair permissions. That seemed to work but: no reboot is possible. Is there a way te uninstall this package or tp go back to a working system or repair the installation??<br />Or is the best and fasted way to restart the installation again from zero?

All olds kexts are backed-up in /DellLaptops/backup.
You can run in single user (take a look in the forum for this) and restore them.
But i need more details about your configuration, your message error during boot, and what did you choose in my package. I'm also a 9400 owner and make many test with this installer, and never crash my system. If you're nor running with a 10.5.2, you may have troubles with battery meter (appleacpiplatform.kext is only compatible with 10.5.2)

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
I do have Kalyway 10.5.1 so that (battery meter) could be the cause.&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;configuration: Dell 9400 Bios A09 - 1.83 MHz - 2 GB Ram - Ati 1400X graphics - Internal Empty SATA disk 160 GB &lt;br /&gt;Booting results in endless waiting at the boot screen (grey with rotating circle).&lt;br /&gt;Booting with option -s gives no further information because it stops without describing an error:<br />Mac Framework succesfully initialised, using xxx buffers and than it stops&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;

killo777

killo777

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar playing, computer music
Hallo Sonotone,

thanks for this idea.

I installed the build 0.2.3b, and after restart i get the error message "System extension cannot be used"; The system extension "/System/Library/Extesnsions/ATIRAdeonX1000.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contat the products vendor for an update.

And my Quarty Exterme is not supported

My setup is:
Dell inspiron 6400 + kalyway 10.5.2 + kernel (i dont remember the name, was the secon option, the one for laptops)
-Cpu: Intel T7200....................= working (cpus=1 )
-Graphic:ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 ..= workingbutWITHOUTQE,Ineedhelpforthat
-sound: Sigmatel 9200...........= working (AppleHda patcher)
-Usb/Firewire...........................= working (out of the box)
-Ethernet:.....= working

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
hello Kilo77
only 4:3 , not 16:9 .
My Dell inspiron 9400 laptop has AtiX1400 and bios A09 with native widescreen of 1440x900 pixels. I used Kalyway 10.5.1 installation (cpus=1 ;) ); I tried all video solutions of this OSx86 forum but nothing works: MacOs has 1152x864 (4:3) and no widescreen!

burndeep

burndeep

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
just wanted to see if this will or has supported this system. if you are not sure , it is fine. just that i have had issues with the newest releases. last one 10.52 did not even register as a bootable dvd. never had that prob before. all tiger worked.
here is my system. If you need a tester on this one i will do it as well.
DELL XPS M170 (LAPTOP)
Intel Pentium M 760 (2GHz) Mobile Processor

533MHz FSB, Intel 915PM Chipset.SSE2

Expansion Ports 1 x IEEE 1394a (FireWire), VGA out, RJ-11 (modem), RJ-45 (NIC), S-Video out, DVI (Digital Video Interface), 6 x USB 2.0
Display: 17 inch True Life Widescreen UXGA

Hard Drive 80GB Hitachi Ultra ATA 7200 RPM

Sound: SigmaTel C-Major Audio

Memory2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz

video: Nvidia GeForce GO 6800 Ultra with 256MB Memory

Network: Wireless- Intel PRO/Wireless 2915ABG Network Connection

Network: NIC Broadcom 570x Gigabit Integrated Controller

------------------------------------------------
OS'S INSTALLED
Opensuse 10.3 current
Windows XP current
Debian 4 current
Freebsd 4.4 LITE (1994) - 7 (2008) NOT CURRENTLY INSTALLED
Solaris 8 - 10
OSX TIGER 10.4-10.49
LEOPARD 10.5.1-10.5.2 (COMBO UPDATE ONLY)

littledragon

littledragon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
anything in this package that can get both cores working? Or are Dell owners pretty much stuck with a laptop that runs at 50%?

sonotone

sonotone

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,151 posts

just wanted to see if this will or has supported this system. if you are not sure , it is fine. just that i have had issues with the newest releases. last one 10.52 did not even register as a bootable dvd. never had that prob before. all tiger worked.
here is my system. If you need a tester on this one i will do it as well.
DELL XPS M170 (LAPTOP)
Intel Pentium M 760 (2GHz) Mobile Processor

533MHz FSB, Intel 915PM Chipset.SSE2

Expansion Ports 1 x IEEE 1394a (FireWire), VGA out, RJ-11 (modem), RJ-45 (NIC), S-Video out, DVI (Digital Video Interface), 6 x USB 2.0
Display: 17 inch True Life Widescreen UXGA

Hard Drive 80GB Hitachi Ultra ATA 7200 RPM

Sound: SigmaTel C-Major Audio

Memory2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz

video: Nvidia GeForce GO 6800 Ultra with 256MB Memory

Network: Wireless- Intel PRO/Wireless 2915ABG Network Connection

Network: NIC Broadcom 570x Gigabit Integrated Controller

------------------------------------------------
OS'S INSTALLED
Opensuse 10.3 current
Windows XP current
Debian 4 current
Freebsd 4.4 LITE (1994) - 7 (2008) NOT CURRENTLY INSTALLED
Solaris 8 - 10
OSX TIGER 10.4-10.49
LEOPARD 10.5.1-10.5.2 (COMBO UPDATE ONLY),

partialy, yes.

anything in this package that can get both cores working? Or are Dell owners pretty much stuck with a laptop that runs at 50%?

There is many things inside this package, like a ton of love, but nothing for your request.

Hallo Sonotone,

thanks for this idea.

I installed the build 0.2.3b, and after restart i get the error message "System extension cannot be used"; The system extension "/System/Library/Extesnsions/ATIRAdeonX1000.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contat the products vendor for an update.

And my Quarty Exterme is not supported

Ok, i will fix it soon; thanks for the feeback.

kevinosx

kevinosx

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
E1705 9400 2.0 core duo gma950

Everything installed fine except the smbios from netkas caused my kalyway 10.5.2 with Vanilla Kernel to crash.

Dell 1390 wireless does not function with IONetworkingFamily from 10.5.2 may I suggest a fix in a future package for this?

See here for more info about my problem and the solution

Also the mouse started to act very weird after install (it will just decide to scrool when I move my finger just a tiny bit) tried to do what your guide says to fix it but it didn't do anything. Maybe I need to replace the touchpad kext with an older one?

S.SubZero

S.SubZero

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
E1705 Core 2 Duo 2ghz, Leo4All v3.

STAC9200 in package did not work. Controls appear but no sound. AppleHDA 1.20 plus the STAC9200.txt over at that site with the dumps fixed it (mute only turns on, have to adjust volume to un-mute)

The 2-finger scrolling thing didn't work out so well. I did figure out on my own that it's pressure-sensitive, but only seems to work for me with one finger pressed kinda hard. It did mess up double-tap sensitivity ; ;

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy