• Please log in to reply
259 replies to this topic

arenared

arenared

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
Good luck on getting it to work , I got it to work using compatible sse3 processor , now i need to get it going on a sse2 processor

philter

philter

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
I forgot I had another laptop laying around with 10.4.3 on it...I'm building the image now (how long did it take others btw?)

One thing I did was to replace all the files in the i386 folder that came with the autopatch with HWNCBS' patched boot files, we'll see if that helps resolve the ss3 check on the dvd boot.

domino

domino

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts
thanks for the script arenared. it's all i needed :)

cavemonkey50

cavemonkey50

InsanelyMac Geek

• Retired
  • 162 posts
Just finished building the disk. Took around 15 minutes. Now to burn.

I'm going to be testing on two different partitions. First one will be a clean install. Then I'm going to try and see if I can upgrade 10.4.3 to 10.4.4 without reinstalling.

kikos

kikos

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Just finished building the disk. Took around 15 minutes. Now to burn.

I'm going to be testing on two different partitions. First one will be a clean install. Then I'm going to try and see if I can upgrade 10.4.3 to 10.4.4 without reinstalling.

Thanks cavemonkey50! I'm sure many are interested in your results, including myself.

darcagn

darcagn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
I'm going to build the image on my eMac in a few minutes, send it back to my PC and burn, and then install. I'll let you guys know about my luck.

Jared Kipe

Jared Kipe

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
How bad do you suppose I'd get in trouble for putting a patched DVD on a torrent site?

cavemonkey50

cavemonkey50

InsanelyMac Geek

• Retired
  • 162 posts

How bad do you suppose I'd get in trouble for putting a patched DVD on a torrent site?

Let's get this thing tested first before we start thinking about that.

darcagn

darcagn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Probably in none, but be prepared to take a beating, bandwidth-wise...

Jared Kipe

Jared Kipe

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
I'm sure the guy who wrote it tested it.

darcagn

darcagn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

I'm sure the guy who wrote it tested it.

That doesn't mean we can trust him, and, he might have just made sure it works, not works properly...

Jared Kipe

Jared Kipe

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
Meh you guys are too cynical, I have faith that this is it.

EDIT: And if I had a working PC to try this on I'd be done by now.

philter

philter

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
My patched boot altered 10.4.4 bootable dvd is in the process of booting - not sure it's going to work since it's been reading the dvd for about 8 minutes now. It came to dvd/darwin boot prompt, and is sitting at the white gb/gray logo screen just before the installer is supposed to start, and it's reading from the dvd rom, but it's taking longer than it ever has before on any other version.

SenVa

SenVa

InsanelyMac Protg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Interests:OSx86.....that was a hard one.....
Well do we know if it worked for anyone? it might be just slightly too early to torrent this... we also would want to put in a few more things into a "Patched" disk. l for example we could somehow get the disk to have a few different kernels (AMD sse3, AMD sse2, Intel sse3 and Intel sse2) and install the right one... instead of seeding 4 different disks that are 99% the same.

cavemonkey50

cavemonkey50

InsanelyMac Geek

• Retired
  • 162 posts

My patched boot altered 10.4.4 bootable dvd is in the process of booting - not sure it's going to work since it's been reading the dvd for about 8 minutes now. It came to dvd/darwin boot prompt, and is sitting at the white gb/gray logo screen just before the installer is supposed to start, and it's reading from the dvd rom, but it's taking longer than it ever has before on any other version.

I'm at that same point.

Tornado

Tornado

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
Well, the DVD finally booted. Had to have my mouse and keyboard as ps2 in order to press enter to boot the dvd and about 30 minutes later I was at the language selection screen where my mouse and keyboard no longer worked. removed ps2 adapter and plugged keyboard and mouse into usb and was able to move forward. System installed, but it will not boot from the hard drive now, have to work on it some more later. Going to put the 10.4.3 DVD back in and boot from it and set the 10.4.4 as the startup drive and see if that does anything for me. Have fun everyone.

39thRonin

39thRonin

Mac OS X - 10 Steps into the future of Computing...

• Retired
  • 356 posts
It's alive!

I followed the very simple directions, burned the DVD, rebooted and installed 10.4.4. Unfortunately, I've got some sort of problem with a kext or something the crashes my box with an EIP value of 0x4be5ce72 (just in case some wayward hacker wants that info :dev: to improve the kernel...

But - it was throwing off that same error BEFORE this DVD. So the same result - whether following Maxxuss direction or using this DVD. Net win I'd say...

philter

philter

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
Mine finally booted into installer environment. I am upgrading my 10.4.3 install right now, it's about 15% done.

Zathrus

Zathrus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Super Sweet. I can't believe how well it went. The Intel one works fine on a spare 2.4 ghz P4 Dell @ my work. (procduces stunned looks from IT co-workers too ;p).

Haven't tested everything yet, but installs and boots w/the onboard NIC. Gonna make up the AMD one next and try it out on my dual Athlon @ home. (crosses fingers).

:dev:

Thanks much autopatcher!

SenVa

SenVa

InsanelyMac Protg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Interests:OSx86.....that was a hard one.....
This is great news... mine on the other hand... I'm still stuck on the downloading of files... my internet dies every hour and a half... and on dialup i can't finish the download... I guess i will have to wait until the patch is torrented...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy