The 99% sure way to fix SoundMax Sound (ATTENTION UPDATED AS OF 11/24/07)

• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

dj_myk

dj_myk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
Hi there

I have read this post and tryed over and over again to add in the KEXt that is posted on the front page.

Even followed the section at the bottom.

How ever I still have no sound or can get the sound card to apear in the Input or output sections of the Sound Menu.

I dont get any errors when loading the KEXT,however when I reboot after loading the new appleac97audio.kext I get lots and lots of scrolling text that I can't make out, its to fast.

Once it goes to the next screen I can see all the various stuff loading, and it says that it can't open the appleac97audio.kext.

I have a toshiba portege m100 laptop with a Soundmax AC 97 sound card. nothing fancy. I just want the sounds to be able to play so I can hook up my ipod.

Any idea's please Help

MIke

rfurman24

rfurman24

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Just wanted to say thanks. I had to read a few times before I actually registered the part about selecting 6 channel. Now it works great.

Grav3Mind

Grav3Mind

Super l33t T3H HaX0r ARE YOU? WELL..I can..umm..HaX your Tires?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

You shouldn't say you are 99% sure when you don't really know what's going on. That methods only works with certain models.

im sorry if it didnt work for you. i was just trying to think of a positive title...@_@...oh..and how long have you been here? and HOW many people hae you helped? ...hmm yeah thats what I though. please dont shoot your mouth off with random usleless comments, as they have no place here. i am just trying to help..and no its not perfect.....were alldoing this just because we like to help people.

So hush?

Please and thanks
~Fin~

JaBuTi

JaBuTi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
hi i'm running 10.4.8 with a soundmax integrated audio AD1986a on an asus a8s-x motherboard.
I tried your tutorial and the kext loads fine, but after rebooting still no devices listed, and when typing
kextstat | grep AC97, nothing comes up

i've also tried a fix where I change a value to ADS78 in the AppleAC97CodecAD198x.kext file and reload but it made no difference

any help would be much appreciated. driver problems are something i've always wanted to know how to fix myself : D

DriveTheOne

DriveTheOne

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
with:"kextload -t /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext"
terminal say:
kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext appears to be valid
Unable to allocate pad vm for /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Mach.kext/Mach - (os/kern) no space available
kextload: error mapping module file /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Mach.kext/Mach
kextload: can't map module files
kextload: can't check load addresses of modules
kextload: a link/load error occured for kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext
load failed for extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext
(run kextload with -t for diagnostic output)

why?

Drive

theMadScientist

theMadScientist

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you so much, got the sound working on my Dell 8400!

MilitantHippie

MilitantHippie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
What is the difference between the different AppleAC97Audio.kext's linked too here?

http://forum.insanel...showtopic=36886

Which one should be used?

THWV Thunder

THWV Thunder

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Great... I've done it... thanks to Grav3Mind... but I use kext file from http://wiki.osx86pro...index.php/Audio instead of what u've reffer to.
I can not use File that been uploaded by Rammjet. I don't know why.
But thanks anyway.. :(
BTW, this is my first time to use MAC.. :D

FutureShock

FutureShock

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
Hi,

i have done the steps in 1 Post...

i have VEN ID 11D4 and Dev 198B

i have edited the kext ...

i can load the kext... successfully as terminal says...

when i do a kextstat i see the kext in last line...

but after reboot the kext is gone and still no sound ?! what did i'm wrong?

aragon

aragon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi all , I have Jas 10.4.8 on my nx8220 with sound Max I have sound on speaker , but when i used headphone ,i have always sound on speaker??can you help me ?Hi all , I have Jas 10.4.8 on my nx8220 with sound Max I have sound on speaker , but when i used headphone ,i have always sound on speaker??can you help me ?

machead5678

machead5678

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
Hi.
I followed the first part of your tutorial in success.
When I go onto the Audio MIDI setup all the drop-down boxes are blacked out.
I am on a Mac OS X 10.4.8 OS.
Thanks, Machead.

sira3434

sira3434

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Worked!!!!!!!!....Ur grt man. my First experiance in mac...like this. i am so haapy..... MY laptop

Hp compaq nx 6110 mac 10.4.1

Audio :adi 1981b ;) :) addede RAMMS SUPER Kext's

http://forum.insanel...t...ost&id=1805 from here

and follwed :- Open Terminal
- Type sudo su
- Give your password

Before copy the kext remove the old one:
- Type rm -fr /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext

Now copy it again from your user's Desktop:

- Type cp -R /Users/your-username/Desktop/AppleAC97Audio.kext /System/Library/Extensions/

- Type kextload -t /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext
if there are no errors Type kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions and reboot

after reboot it showed some erros :as said here
if your having permission and or get a message like this:
"kextload: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext: no such bundle file exists
can't add kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext (file access/permissions) (run kextload on this kext with -t for diagnostic output)"

Then try this:
open terminal
sudo -s
enter password if asked
chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/<drivername>.kext
chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensios/<drivername>.kext

reeboot

worked!!! sorry for bad english

byza

byza

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thx man it worked.. thx alot

ksarlo

ksarlo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
mine only has a max of 2 ch. is theree any other fixes for the other 1% of people?

aynohomo

aynohomo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
man i cant even type my password in terminal making me mad i can only push enter and thats it

seventynine

seventynine

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
another 2 channels instead of 6 right here......anyone with a solution? so far no wireless or sound :)

scootz

scootz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I've got an Soundmax AC97 built in (1106:3059) on an Asrock P4VM800 motherboard. Sound works but only with the left speaker. Tried replacing it with macgirls' kext and no go. changed permissions and such, rebooted and no go. and what ever else this post had said.

I'm running 10.4.8 JaS AMD/Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2..

*EDIT* I've also tried the midi config options to see if 3/6 channel thing works.. nope.. i can only get 2 channels.

So Graymind, add me to your growing list? :D

viper5dn

viper5dn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Just wanted to let everyone know that the method works with the Lenovo x60 tablet with the SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD 1981 . The vendor for the 1981 is 11d4, and the dev is 1981; the whole string is 0x11d41981 . For the MS string, it is the same as the one used in the guide (0x27d88086). Best of luck to everyone, I hope it works for ya!

drfunk3

drfunk3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
works great!!!! thanks boss. new to mac here also.

seems a cinch.

finally got my full system working thanks to you. cheers mate. :P

Pianetino

Pianetino

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Man, you made my day! :)
I've been trying to make my Thinkcentre A52 8381 audio card to work, but I've only managed to show up volume icon with this kext:
http://www.insanelym...showtopic=88597
Then, after reading your post and following your instructions, now my soundcard work... THANKS!!!

Hackintosh: iATKOS V7

P.S.: For a working ethernet use BCM5751.kext

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy