• Please log in to reply
295 replies to this topic

yozh

yozh

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

what was the highest you set the threshold to? the original poster of the settings had his all the way up to 135.

130. I can try 135. Just wish it would actually need 2 fingers, cuz its too easily gets activated

dandle

dandle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I have installed it on a Vostro 1700, but since the first reboot the trackpad will only move in the y = -x direction (in the direction of +ve y), just clicking on the trackpad buttons increments the -xy position.

Any help would be great
Thanks

yeye

yeye

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts
I've got a problem with my vostro 1700 too.
Of course, I haven't done any backup of my appleps2controller.kext and now, my mouse just moves to the left and up angle, I can do any other move!
Could you explain me what's wrong? I've tried to reinstall the drivers and follow the tuto but it doesn't work
Please, help

Snoomy

Snoomy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
ibm r60
kalyway 10.5.1 updated to 10.5.2

after first reboot my trackpad became over-sensible. than i pressed "Fix errors", made one more reboot as it was told, and lost my tackpad... deamon started, but no any reaction. can't even click with trackpad buttons. I rolled back to backuped kext. ffscroll doesn't work with it (mean the original kext).

and now I'm trying to understand: should I forget about 2finger scrolling, or not all chances are lost?

yeye

yeye

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts
does somebody with a vostro success to have 2 fingers scrolling?

FierceDeityLink1

FierceDeityLink1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
Works for me pretty well with zAcceptThreshold at 135. Yeah, it's basically one-finger scroll, and it kills dragging windows for me (have to use physical left-click)...

I'm not sure whether I'll stick with it or go back to the old-fashioned spacebar/shift+spacebar scrolling.

Thanks for the great work!

P2iM-0

P2iM-0

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

ibm r60
kalyway 10.5.1 updated to 10.5.2

after first reboot my trackpad became over-sensible. than i pressed "Fix errors", made one more reboot as it was told, and lost my tackpad... deamon started, but no any reaction. can't even click with trackpad buttons. I rolled back to backuped kext. ffscroll doesn't work with it (mean the original kext).

and now I'm trying to understand: should I forget about 2finger scrolling, or not all chances are lost?

Snoomy,
I ran into identical issues on my Lenovo T60p. Once I did get my trackpad working with the driver I could move it around for about 2-3 seconds, then the mouse cursor would freeze. I tried hooking up an external keyboard/mouse after this happened to restart the daemon, but no luck. The trackpad still wouldn't work. This happened after every successive restart.

I'm just using the sidebar in windows or just using Spacebar/Shift-spacebar...it sucks, but it'll have to do. I try to keep an external mouse handy for when I'm on the laptop at work, etc.

-P2

jstad

jstad

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

I've got a problem with my vostro 1700 too.
Of course, I haven't done any backup of my appleps2controller.kext and now, my mouse just moves to the left and up angle, I can do any other move!
Could you explain me what's wrong? I've tried to reinstall the drivers and follow the tuto but it doesn't work
Please, help

I am having the same problem on my Vostro 1400. I am curious what is up. The mouse also will "freak out" and register right/left clicks while scrolling in the up/left direction. Same issues with buttons as you. help!

bQvleztar

bQvleztar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi, i have installed this, and it works.

Just one issue. The mouse have become very shaky... when i hold my finger still on the touchpad the cursor is still moving around a small area. which makes it very hard to hit anything.

When i try to calibrate nothing happens when i press the done button.

Anyone who have fixed this issue?

jstad

jstad

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
I was experiencing the issue with the mouse freak out listed above. Now I tried to uninstall and it does not seem to work! My trackpad is still freaking out. I have removed FFScroll from my machine entirely and also replaces the one .kext it changed, still broke. HELP!

Gerjan

Gerjan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Wow thx mate!
Works perfect on my Toshiba A100-683 (X & Z scrolling, even with 1 finger at some pressure).

At first nothing changed when I edited the treshold, till I found out I was editting ALPS instead of Synaptics values :D . Setting: 100 seems to work best.

Thx. :)

homer007

homer007

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
wow took me about half an hour to go through trial and error period in the end for me 75 (synaptics) seems to be the magic number thanks!!!

EDIT : found out default value 80 is fine!!!

Snoomy

Snoomy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Snoomy,
I ran into identical issues on my Lenovo T60p. Once I did get my trackpad working with the driver I could move it around for about 2-3 seconds, then the mouse cursor would freeze. I tried hooking up an external keyboard/mouse after this happened to restart the daemon, but no luck. The trackpad still wouldn't work. This happened after every successive restart.

I'm just using the sidebar in windows or just using Spacebar/Shift-spacebar...it sucks, but it'll have to do. I try to keep an external mouse handy for when I'm on the laptop at work, etc.

-P2

thank you a lot for you information.

My laptop is a corporate one, so it's almost always at office.
I use mighty mouse with it's ball-scroll.
Just wanted to get "more Mac" from my OSx86 :P

dantastic

dantastic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
A bit of a strange one... haven't read about anyone else having this issue.

I have it working with scroll and clicking and all but when tracking using the trackpad the pointer freezes. I let go and start tracking again and it works for another few moments.

Same with drag and drop, if I double tap the trackpad and start dragging something I can drag it for about an inch but then it stop. If I use the button to drag it's fine and doesn't freeze.

I have an XPS M1530 with alps trackpad.

macgirl

macgirl

Stargate's Pharaoh

• Retired
  • 7,612 posts
  • Interests:Techie gadgets
Does it behave the same with a mouse?

i need mac money

i need mac money

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thanks for this default install works fine for me on my samsung R20

I find that like you scrolling is activated by how hard i press on the track pad
I only have one finger scrolling but on both x and y axis

thanks again

dantastic

dantastic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
I use a regular usb mouse as well, works perfect...

~LLama

~LLama

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Ok, Dell D620. Alps trackpad. Default config basically works just fine. I bumped it to 100 just to make things a bit better. BUT one I launch FFScrollDaemon (I pulled it back out of startup items so I could test) the trackpad goes from zippy to SLOOOOOOWWW. If I push the slider in the Trackpad pref's all the way to the right, it still takes 6 complete times across the trackpad to get from one side of the screen to the other. Normally I set it higher than most, because I can control it at higher speeds and it makes it easier to do thing with a flick of a finger..

A RF usb mouse pointer is unaffected completely. (which is nice, but I pick up and go a lot and have to use just the trackpad quite often)

Any thoughts or ideas? The scrolling is glory, but I the mouse moving this slowly makes me want to pound my head against a wall..

Also, and here is a random thing I noticed. If I start the daemon, and then kill it, even on the same line (ala sudo /usr/local/bin/FFScrollDaemon;sudo killall -9 FFScrollDaemon) scrolling *still* works just fine.. I've repeated the killall and it doesn't find any other processes.. Odd. Also, if you boot with just the kext (not loading the Daemon), tapping works (yay!!) but scrolling is all over the place. It's very "cracked out."

Anyway, I'd really like to figure out how to solve the pointer speed. I'm still tweaking things over here, but having no luck thus far.

Thanks!

Major Edit: I discovered my problem. For whatever reason, despite the fact that I have an ALPS trackpad (Yes, I'm quite sure) It has been using the Synaptics settings.. I don't know if it's how the plist is structured, but upon editing those, I fixed my problem straight away. So if your ALPS isn't working right, try editing the Synaptics section instead.

Cheers!!

asstastic

asstastic

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
Two finger scroll working with ACER Aspire 5672. Had to manually copy the ApplePS2 kext that came with the package into my Extensions folder otherwise the mouse driver wouldn't load. This wasn't part of the instructions on the first page. Perhaps it was left out or the package installer has a few bugs.

homer007

homer007

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
what value did u use with zAcceptThreshold, mine was 75 then it worked fine but only with one fingure!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy