• 5 posts
I went to internet connection and nothing about airport came up

ripoflive

ripoflive

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
OMG! I just installed the 10.4.5 update and my card is being detected...sorta....I get the airport icon on top but its greyed out and it says something about configuring but when I go to the network options, its not there!

mavk

mavk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Got some problems with installing my IBM a/b/g/ Card on OSX:

- copy new io80211family.kext over old one
- copy new plugin kext files of ionetworkingfamily.kext in my plugin folder
- repaired the access restriction and reboot

After reboot two messages appear:
- io80211family.kext not installed properly
- Atheros54***.kext not installed properly

Can anyone Help me please?! Or send me his io80211family and ionetworkingfamily files via email?!
Mailto: killhack@gmx.de thank you very much, I hope it works...

Greets

CLucas916

CLucas916

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Got some problems with installing my IBM a/b/g/ Card on OSX:

- copy new io80211family.kext over old one
- copy new plugin kext files of ionetworkingfamily.kext in my plugin folder
- repaired the access restriction and reboot

After reboot two messages appear:
- io80211family.kext not installed properly
- Atheros54***.kext not installed properly

You have to repair the permissions on io80211family.kext

chmod -R 755 IO80211Family.kext
chown -R root:wheel IO80211Family.kext

can anyone fix my problem? (look up)

mushupork5

mushupork5

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
I'm trying to get a D-Link DWL-G520 to run under 10.4.5

Airport won't recognize it but the hardware profiler shows it present under PCI devices. I have also tried getting a USB ethernet adapter working, but can't get that either. It also shows up, but I can't find the right drivers for it. Anyone know what to do?

FFE

FFE

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a sligt problem, when repairing the output states Operation Not Permited

I do have the permisions set.

edit:
could some one please hook me up with the ionetworkingfamily.kext file for 10.4.5

email - cdenny at gmail.com

cyrana

cyrana

Prophetess of Doom

• Retired
  • 1,462 posts

OMG! I just installed the 10.4.5 update and my card is being detected...sorta....I get the airport icon on top but its greyed out and it says something about configuring but when I go to the network options, its not there!

My HP Compaq W500 works fine with 10.4.5. :) 10.4.4 didn't work though...

Edit: Just a clarification. I am running 10.4.4 on my test laptop, but I just grabbed some networking kexts from the 10.4.5 Combo Update (on Apple's site), and used Pacifist to extract them. http://www.apple.com...45forintel.html

mr. pink

mr. pink

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
i did the permission thing you said clucas, the first one seems to work (doesn't return a message) but when i do the chown i get all sorts of errors...

CLucas916

CLucas916

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
what are the errors mr. pink

hodgeman

hodgeman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Computer Operating Systems.<br />OSx86 particularly.<br />Ubuntu 2nd.
Cyrana, can you be more specific at to WHICH kexts you replaced.
I have 10.4.4 running on an HP Nc6000
It has the integrated Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit and the W500.
I had to add a driver from tinhead to get the Nic to work, and now I want to try to get the wireless working.

If I replace the IONetworking with 10.4.5's then add tinheads driver to the plugins, it breaks my integrated nic, and the wireless is not detected either.

Pointers or advice please?

Thanks in advance.

hm

docangle

docangle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
I got a cheap ($14.95 US) Airlink 101 PCI b/g card and used the kext and it worked like a charm (A logo on the box said Atheros Super G) No kext editing needed. The card is a AWLH4030 Super G Wireless PCI Adapter

stelriah

stelriah

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

I got a cheap ($14.95 US) Airlink 101 PCI b/g card and used the kext and it worked like a charm (A logo on the box said Atheros Super G) No kext editing needed. The card is a AWLH4030 Super G Wireless PCI Adapter

where did you get it so cheap? would post a link?

syldaril

syldaril

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

My HP Compaq W500 works fine with 10.4.5. :D 10.4.4 didn't work though...

Edit: Just a clarification. I am running 10.4.4 on my test laptop, but I just grabbed some networking kexts from the 10.4.5 Combo Update (on Apple's site), and used Pacifist to extract them. http://www.apple.com...45forintel.html

Thanks Cyrana for the info... I downloaded the update package from the link and extracted the package. I used Pacifist also and replaced BOTH IO80211Family.kext AND IONetworkFamily.kext, but that totally screwed my network connection. I then replaced IONetworkFamily.kext back to the original one on my 10.4.3 DVD and kept IO80211Family.kext from the 10.4.5 upgrate .... and guess what ... IT WORKED!!!
I'm typing this right now through my wireless connection!!!!
By the way, I'm running on 10.4.3 with the Jas patch 4.2 and my wireless card is a generic (internal) miniPCI Atheros based a/b/g card I believe similar to the Gigabyte brand.
Now remember: If you're running 10.4.3 download the 10.4.5 update and only add the IO80211Family.kext to your extensions folder.
Good luck to all :2cents:

Syldaril.

hodgeman

hodgeman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Computer Operating Systems.<br />OSx86 particularly.<br />Ubuntu 2nd.
Thanks for info Syldaril, it didn't work for me with my HP NC6000/W500 combo.
I also tried my DLink DWL-G630 which is Atheros based.
The AP icons shows up in the menubar, but the only option is to power off card. It is displayed as AR5001-0000-0000.
It shows up in profiler as VEN 5772, DEV 26.
I tried adding these to the info.plist in the driver in the IO80211Family.kext, but no change.
I don't have a problem buying a different card, but I would really like to know what I can do to get my W500 integrated card to work.

Thanks in advance.
hm

cyrana

cyrana

Prophetess of Doom

• Retired
  • 1,462 posts

Cyrana, can you be more specific at to WHICH kexts you replaced.
I have 10.4.4 running on an HP Nc6000
It has the integrated Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit and the W500.
I had to add a driver from tinhead to get the Nic to work, and now I want to try to get the wireless working.

If I replace the IONetworking with 10.4.5's then add tinheads driver to the plugins, it breaks my integrated nic, and the wireless is not detected either.

Pointers or advice please?

Thanks in advance.

hm

All I did was replace IONetworking and the IO80211 kext, nothing else and the W500 works.

Thanks Cyrana for the info... I downloaded the update package from the link and extracted the package. I used Pacifist also and replaced BOTH IO80211Family.kext AND IONetworkFamily.kext, but that totally screwed my network connection. I then replaced IONetworkFamily.kext back to the original one on my 10.4.3 DVD and kept IO80211Family.kext from the 10.4.5 upgrate .... and guess what ... IT WORKED!!!
I'm typing this right now through my wireless connection!!!!
By the way, I'm running on 10.4.3 with the Jas patch 4.2 and my wireless card is a generic Atheros based a/b/g card I believe similar to the Gigabyte brand.
Now remember: If you're running 10.4.3 download the 10.4.5 update and only add the IO80211Family.kext to your extensions folder.
Good luck to all :)

Syldaril.

Thanks, Syldaril. :) I meant to reply earlier, but what you did is the same thing I did, but I have a 10.4.4 base system. :)

If it helps anyone, make sure you have the latest NC6000 BIOS from HP's site. I have whatever the latest was as of a month or so ago (not been updated in a bit anyway). Then make sure you do a repair permissions to be safe, and perhaps check dmesg after bootup if it isn't working, etc.

Edit: Pacifist will let you extract kexts. Just look around in the install packages a bit, there are a few of them, but one of them has IO80211 and quite a few others. If anyone puts the kexts up online and links...well, just don't do that. :)

mikebees

mikebees

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I downloaded the 10.4.5 update, but I can't find a newer version of IO80211Family.kext ??

Can someone send me this file?

thanx!

hodgeman

hodgeman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Mikebees:

1 - are you sure you have the Intel version of 10.4.5 update?
2 - Mount the dmg file and copy the .pkg file somewhere.
3 - Open the pkg file with Pacifist.
4 - The kext is in /System/Library/Extensions. Extract it somewhere.

Sorry if this is too simplified for what your asking. :-)

hm

mikebees

mikebees

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Yes you're right I had the wrong update, thanx for the fast solution!

Technobob

Technobob

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
Has anyone got the Atheros AR2511 a/b chipset working device ID 163c-0011

mr. pink

mr. pink

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
i'll just post how i got my ar5212 working (163c0013, i think) for 10.4.3. x86.

download the 10.4.5 update and get the kext (io80211family.kext) from archive.pax.gz (if i remember correctly). it will only work (for me anyway) if you use the original ionetworkfamily.kext that installed with 10.4.3. put this kext into \system\library\extensions\ . Then in terminal type:

sudo -s

chmod -R 755 io80211family.kext
chown -R root:wheel io80211family.kext

then restart and it should just work, set up from system preferences.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy