Nforce Chipsets: How to install Leo easy and fast with iAtkos v1.0i r3 - NForce Edition or Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD

• Please log in to reply
1956 replies to this topic

NiLsA

NiLsA

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hy guys, please, I need your help to install Leopard in this mobo, Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H:
Chipset nforce 630i / Nvidia 7100 (DVI-I + VGA + HDMI)
Audio Realtek 8.1 Analog / Optical SPDIF ALC885
Accepts DDR2 533/667/800
3 internal SATAII + 1 e-Sata + 1 IDE
Lan Onboard Nvidia

My hardware components: Pentium D 915 2.8GHz + Kingston DDR2 667 2GB + 1 DDR2 667 1GB, DVD R/RW LG SATA GH20NS10 and GSA 4160B (IDE), 2 Seagate x 250GB SATA II and 1 Seagate 120GB IDE. (Note: IDE devices only external but I tested it, and removed the SATA too but do not work)...

The release that I tried was iATKOS 2.0.

Do you know other releases that works so as well with my hardware?

Thanks for attention.

I have the Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H, this is how i installed Leopard:

Install Kalyway 10.5.2
Use NVInject standard, anything else won't work
Sleep kernel

You need the kext for the ALC889a and the HDAenabler to get the sound working.

Don't try to update to 10.5.3 with combo update, it won't work.

For now i'm stuck at 1024x768 but i will keep on trying.

verdant

verdant

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,641 posts
  • Interests:At home, I have the following computers......
    >
    >
    >

I stopped coming back to supporting this topic... From Now On You Can Continue getting support on Verdant's Series 7 nForce chipsets and Verdant's Pre-Series 7 nForce chipsets threads You can still find many usefull information here, but I wont be coming to this topic frequently...

i will still give support, but for simple things like, making installers for those who are unable to install things on their own...

Verdant: point me the files you want/need to make installer for, i will implement those into latest driver update packages and to standalone additional installers

I don't remember volunteering to take over from you as the :help: point of call........ :stretcher:

Having pre-Series 7 NForce chipset MOBO posts in my Series 7 thread will make it "messy" so I will start another thread for pre-Series 7 NForce chipset MOBO posts......... :angel: that you can point people to....
BUT posters that are rude/agressive :) or argumentative :boxing: will not get replies......and neither will posters who are :offtopic: .........or who do not give enough of the clearly requested information..... :hammer: because I have my "real life" too......
I do not have loads of time to waste on :wallbash: or :moil: figuring out the problems for posters who are too lazy to do their own initial reading and research, especially on drivers for their non-standard and/or less-common MOBOs, components, peripheral devices e.g GFX cards, printers, scanners etc., which I have no experience of using myself......

If I get plagued by PMs or posts in my threads, in which posters demonstrate that they have not read all the useful posts in my threads, and in other relevant threads as well, and/or have not answered my necessary/relevant questions in earlier posts, and/or ignored sensible suggestions from myself and other experienced forum members etc. (Mysticus C*, you know exactly what I mean.... ;) ), then I will be justified in taking defensive action :laser: to protect my sanity, so that I do not :blowup: .......

I would be interested in a standalone combo installer for these:

XDarwin's NVdarwin GFX card driver installer

eno's nForceLAN onboard LAN driver for nForce MOBOs

MercurySquad et al.'s Voodoo kernel

slashack's NForceATA Darwin ATA Drivers modifications to allow more than 2 gb of ram

that will allow a post-OSx86 install on OSx86 10.5.2 and later........ ;)

verdant

verdant

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,641 posts
    >
    >
    >

I stopped coming back to supporting this topic... From Now On You Can Continue getting support on Verdant's Series 7 nForce chipsets and Verdant's Pre-Series 7 nForce chipsets threads You can still find many usefull information here, but I wont be coming to this topic frequently...

i will still give support, but for simple things like, making installers for those who are unable to install things on their own...

Verdant: point me the files you want/need to make installer for, i will implement those into latest driver update packages and to standalone additional installers

Have done, thanks.

awesomerobot

awesomerobot

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Ok, so I searched through this thread/site and I don't feel as though I found a clear answer here's my problem

Latest forcedeth.kext recognizes my board's ethernet ports, but assigns a static IP, and when I manually assign settings it doesn't work (including DHCP)

For the life of me I can't figure this out, this is my third Hackintosh box, and I've never had a problem getting everything up and running (well, other than sound on the P6N Diamond, which I know isn't possible) so needless to say, I'm frustrated. I could just get a compatible card/wireless but it just seems so lame! Is there a known solution, or am I SOL?

OS : Vista Ultimate 32-bit + Kalyway 10.5.2 (I run Vista on the same box, but on a completely different HD)
Mobo : MSI P6N Diamond 680i
Cpu : Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 CPU @ 2.13GHz
Ram: 2GB DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory Corsair
VGA : XFX GeForce 8800GT Alpha Dog (512)
LAN : Onboard
USB Ports : 8xUSB 2.0 (Working)

bomberboysk

bomberboysk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok, i finally was able to get osx86 working fully on my 790i Ultra SLI(evga), with a 9800gtx. What i did was:
1. Install Leo4allv3 using cpus=1 boot flag, install 9.2.2 kernel(non vanilla), Nforcetest chipset drivers, azalia audio drivers, ACPI-old, and the smbios options
2. Get your lan working with the nforcelan.kext, it should be floating around somewhere on the forums, had a friend who also has an nforce mobo find it, so im not sure where exactly it is located. Install with kext helper, go to ethernet and your ethernet should be working.
3. Boot using cpus=1(for now), download the pre and post update patches for 10.5.5, download 10.5.5 combo, install the pre update nforce patch, install 10.5.5, force quit installer after it asks you to reboot, apply 10.5.5 post update patches, i used the following options:
-Mac Pro/1333Mhz SMBIOS
-The nvidia driver at the bottom of the installer+ 512mb option, on first restart after installing 10.5.5 QE/CI enabled(forget which one it was, was doing it last night at almost midnight)
-Voodoo Kernel latest
4. Boot using cpus=1, Download the dsdt patch and install it.
5. Download the latest voodoo kernel release
6. Backup Seatbelt.kext
7. Boot using cpus=1(should be last time you need to!)Install 10.5.6 update(non combo update) to osx, then before you restart use kext helper to install seatbelt.kext from 10.5.5 that you backed up earlier, then install the voodoo xnu kernel again(or osx will boot into vanilla kernel, which actually i was able to get into but was unstable, so im using voodoo kernel atm)
8.Boot with -v for now, if it works go ahead and switch to efi, im loving efi @ 1680x1050, and leopard just kicks the socks off vista,which ive known for awhile but finally have fully working osx86 install, thanks to everyone that has created these installers and patches. Enjoy a (hopefully) fully working install of osx 10.5.6, this works on the system specced below, and one last note, when i installed 10.5.5 post update, on that reboot i had qe/ci and native res without gfx strings or anything, ive had to use gfx strings on the last 5 times ive installed osx86 on this computer, which really surprised me, and dual monitors(one was dvi, other was dvi->vga) on that same boot.

Specs:
EVGA 790i Ultra SLI
XFX 9800gtx Black Edition
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450
Western Digital Caviar 250gb IDE Hard Drive
Asus Sata DVD-ROM drive(osx wasnt friendly with my asus dvd lightscribe burner, so i unplug it for osx)

I figured this might help someone out with the same hardware as me, good luck to whoever trys to install(as a note, i have better luck with ide than with sata on the 790i, and all 4 cores working @ 3.9Ghz.)

imnottwigy

imnottwigy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
i downloaded bittorrent, iAtkos v1.0i r3. and its in rar. the trouble is im on my macbook and can't open winrar. condenced files. or burn with toast!
my pc has died (xp, hdd died say no more) . is their an un-zipped version?
saves me getting a new hdd and booting x "bloody" p

Hackster and me

Hackster and me

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have installed iDeneb v1.3 as other distro's don't and when I boot up. it has the apple logo with the swirly thing but it crashes. I dual boot with vista ultimate extreme r2

i have a hp a6504.uk, 2gb ram, 250gb hardrive, amd sempron 2.0 dual core (64 bit), and a lightscribe drive. I don't know but it may be a Graphic issue. mine is a nvidea gforce 6150SE nForce 430.

Please bear in mind that i am only 13!

matticus

matticus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

i downloaded bittorrent, iAtkos v1.0i r3. and its in rar. the trouble is im on my macbook and can't open winrar.

Just download RAR expander.

yousuf 2k9

yousuf 2k9

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
ok so i tried installing many times, i used pata dvd and hd drives to bypass waiting for root device error, properly formatted my 320 gb sata drive for osx, now i select what i think i need to select according to my components in the customize menu but installation always fails. my specs are listed in my sig if anyone knows what i should select in customize please let me know i have these versions of osx ( iATKOS_5i, iDeneb_v1.4_OSx86_ISO ).so please tell me which version of osx and what to select in customize thanks again.

silaisa

silaisa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
Hi all, I know I should post on the Preseries7 thread, but it's closed.
I'm trying to install Leo (Leo4Allv3, Kaly 10.5.2, iDeneb 10.5.5) on an ECS GF7050VT-M with and Nforce 610i Chipset (Nvidia MCP73). CPU Intel Core Duo E5200
I got installed Leo on an Ide HD, but then I can't make it boot with any option or combination (-v -x -s -f cpus=1).
I followed the instructions for the BIOS settings.
I also tried to disconnect the DVD Rom because I have only one IDE port, but with no luck.

It gets stuck after itunesphonedriver

I'm dual booting with tboot, I'm gonna try Chameleon, but I wonder if it's any difference...

I'll appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance,
Martin

verdant

verdant

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,641 posts
    >
    >
    >

Hi all, I know I should post on the Preseries7 thread, but it's closed.
I'm trying to install Leo (Leo4Allv3, Kaly 10.5.2, iDeneb 10.5.5) on an ECS GF7050VT-M with and Nforce 610i Chipset (Nvidia MCP73). CPU Intel Core Duo E5200
I got installed Leo on an Ide HD, but then I can't make it boot with any option or combination (-v -x -s -f cpus=1).
I followed the instructions for the BIOS settings.
I also tried to disconnect the DVD Rom because I have only one IDE port, but with no luck.

It gets stuck after itunesphonedriver

I'm dual booting with tboot, I'm gonna try Chameleon, but I wonder if it's any difference...

I'll appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance,
Martin

The new thread is here......for some reason a mod(s) closed my first thread without explanation..... :rolleyes:

grompyglos

grompyglos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
i followed the guide above but after i customized and checked all boxes listed when it came to install screen progress bar moves for a few seconds then stops going... comp is not frozen and dvd-rom led is still flickering.

any ideas?

thanks

koolsilver

koolsilver

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks for the helpful post

PetSUS

PetSUS

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Does anybody have the Customize window picture of Kalyway 10.5.2 install from #2 post of Musticous C* ? It`s not up anymore, but in howto it is very eventful. Thanks

williamhouse

williamhouse

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hiii...

I installed the iATKOS v7 and everything works fine except the audio is Realtek ALC888 @ nVIDIA MCP78 HDA on the MSI K9N2GM board .. I've already AppleHDA patch, I used VoodooHDA and AzaliaAudio but I can not make it work.
;)
I ask for help PLEASEEEE .. I await your response and I thank you in advance;)

Attached File  codec_dump.txt   10.48KB   4 downloads

savage24x

savage24x

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey everyone, thanks for the tutorial.

Specs:

mobo - eVGA nForce 650i Ultra

Video Card - eVGA GeForce 9600GT (512mb VRAM)

audio... realtek idk...

usb - onboard

lan - onboard.

Now here's my problem. I don't have any PATA dvd drives that will read my discs. And I always get the waiting for Root Device error. I want to know how I can patch the iAtkos disc to have the new nForce ATA kext/driver. I can boot into Windows 7 to do this. help?

verdant

verdant

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,641 posts
    >
    >
    >

Hey everyone, thanks for the tutorial.

Specs:

mobo - eVGA nForce 650i Ultra

Video Card - eVGA GeForce 9600GT (512mb VRAM)

audio... realtek idk...

usb - onboard

lan - onboard.

Now here's my problem. I don't have any PATA dvd drives that will read my discs. And I always get the waiting for Root Device error. I want to know how I can patch the iAtkos disc to have the new nForce ATA kext/driver. I can boot into Windows 7 to do this. help?

See my blog entry here.....and use the MeDevil AppleNForceATA_TEST.kext and boot with maxmem=2048......this thread is no longer active......but see my Leopard thread for your MOBO......and my Snow Leopard and Lion topics.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy