Nforce Chipsets: How to install Leo easy and fast with iAtkos v1.0i r3 - NForce Edition or Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD

 Mysticus C*

1,957 posts in this topic

Works great on my rig, need to figure out why networking only works for a few minutes then I can't access the internet anymore. :/

Other than that, its working great. I picked NVINJECT from the config menu, and selected 768mb for my 8800gtx, and all is well.

I tip my hat to you!

hallo,

the dvd is great the insatll esay. it works perfekt. :D

i have a little problem. evertime when i use safari the system crash. all other internet-applications run perfektly.

its the onboard ethernetconntroller the problem? (nForceEthernetController.kext)

mobo: p5n32-e sli

cpu: core 2 quad 6600

graka:geforce 8800 gtx

lan: onboard Marvell ....

yeah it s problematic... i told this in my signature and many other places... and in the guide as well... get yourself a better nick, and save time... -_-

Mysticus thanks so much for all your help with everything. I tried your new iAtkos r3 after having freeze ups with my pro sound card with Kalyway. iAtkos solved it. I'm really pleased I got a 177 total on xbench. Now let me ask you a couple questions:

1: do you know how to make OSX on my sata drive bootable? - I cloned from my IDE drive to SATA and it didnt keep the bootloader intact. I tried clonetool hatchery, acronis and a few others, none of them worked.

2: do you know how to solve the IOKItWAIT stall that happens after installing the graphics kexts? It takes several extra minutes to boot up because of it stalling on the IOKitWait kext.

Mysticus thanks so much for all your help with everything. I tried your new iAtkos r3 after having freeze ups with my pro sound card with Kalyway. iAtkos solved it. I'm really pleased I got a 177 total on xbench. Now let me ask you a couple questions:

1: do you know how to make OSX on my sata drive bootable? - I cloned from my IDE drive to SATA and it didnt keep the bootloader intact. I tried clonetool hatchery, acronis and a few others, none of them worked.

2: do you know how to solve the IOKItWAIT stall that happens after installing the graphics kexts? It takes several extra minutes to boot up because of it stalling on the IOKitWait kext.

1) i know it but i can help you tomorrow about it, right now gonna sleep...

2) related to nforce and no solution as of now... sorry...

note: updated to 10.5.2 (patches etc involved as well) works great... will tell you my story... tomorrow... -_-

thanx for generosity mate...

here is preview from my 10.5.2 update... and not getting full benefit out of the gfx yet as well... :)

i will get a little guide for this on nforce as well... will make sources... :)

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/3365/picture1gt6.png

nite every1... last msg for tonite...

Great work Mysticus thanks to you and the whole team.

This finally did the trick before I could not even get the installer to run now it runs, mounts Sata drive & all. After install I can only boot successfully in safe mode but I'm just playing with drivers and such now I think I'm on my way.

VERY GOOD JOB!!! :) You Made my Day

After reburning the DVD on anoter System, it works!

Runs perferct on my System:

Mobo : Asus P5N32-e Sli (Nforce 680i chipset)

Cpu : Intel Q6600 damn B3 @ 2.74ghz (all cores are OK)

Ram : 4 x 1 GB

HDD Sata : 1 x 80 GB (powerd by MDevils NForceSATA Driver)

DVD-RW Pata : LG DVDRW

VGA : NVidia 8500 GT 256 MB (working full QE/CI after editing kext)

Monitor : 2 x Samsung 226BW 22"

Lan : 1 x 3COM 10/100MBit PCI (don't use the OnBoard GBit LAN)

USB Ports : 12xUSB 2.0 (Fine)

IEEE1394 Ports : 2xFirewire 400 (Fine)

Things don't work:

Sound : ADI 198b ?? (OnBoard)

Can Anyone upload the 10.4.x Azila Kext for me for Testing? Thx

hey mysticus, which applesmbios.kext are you using?my screenshot look a bit different from you,,post-23385-1203232406_thumb.png
the one in kalyways update, didnt check the version though...will ve back later tonite about some guides to help some of you...going out now sorry...
Sweeet. It works great switched back to ide. Anyways can I still use applenforceata? I ask because I cannot see any of my sata drives now and when I used the nforce one it worked.
yes you can i will write answers later today...

I did your tutorial about switching from nforceata.kext to the VIA one, and my performance went to about 5MB/s on everything, I put everything back and performance went back to 50-60 MB/s. Strange, I guess nforceata is better for my mobo.

thats one of the things with nforce, unpredictible, works perfect on one system, but not on the other... nothing i can do about it, like i said, some stuff are better to be learned by trial error on your particular systems...

but i m not sure your problem is appleviaata... but wrong dev id... :blowup: if u read my post about it, i say the id i used there is my own ide dev id, not same for everyone, find yours as i explained and put it in propar order, the reason u get 5mb/s is bcoz it is not using appleviaata, but instead applegenericpcata... which means it s running on pio mode... so you gotta try the method with your own dev id for IDE controller... if it still wouldnt work, than sorry out of luck...

now gonna write about how to use nforce ata for sata drive, and appleviaata for pata drives.... just wait a little, i just got back... :)

hypersalad: right a guide for you, on the way... just wait a bit...

docX on board sound should work out of the box as stereo, if not something must be wrong, but i will upload it for you later...

andy: i told in my guide, if u use appleviaata, u wont see your sata... why did you still do it?, a guide for you on the way as well, please reads things proparly and if you do not understand ask for clearing the doubts....

for others who are asking help, for god sake, please write a description of the problem, and please take time and write a signature with your hardware profiles in details like mine, as you can see on the very bottom of my posts... (of course you can only see the signature if you log on to the system... it doesnt help a mechanic saying, i have a problem, with my car help... there are thousand of cars in the world all with different specs and characters...

also please read the guides properly, and understand the problems related to nforce chipset, (it s a pain in the neck chipset) and ask for some of the stuffs before you do it, when it s said not to do it, and you do it, and ask for help later, is a little bit not newbiesh, but noobity... on the title i said newbie purposely, because when you are new to some stuff, you read the stuff and understand it.... otherwise, i would use other words... i guess it is some people's nature to not read things properly... and cause trouble...

thats one of the things with nforce, unpredictible, works perfect on one system, but not on the other... nothing i can do about it, like i said, some stuff are better to be learned by trial error on your particular systems...

but i m not sure your problem is appleviaata... but wrong dev id... :blowup: if u read my post about it, i say the id i used there is my own ide dev id, not same for everyone, find yours as i explained and put it in propar order, the reason u get 5mb/s is bcoz it is not using appleviaata, but instead applegenericpcata... which means it s running on pio mode... so you gotta try the method with your own dev id for IDE controller... if it still wouldnt work, than sorry out of luck...

now gonna write about how to use nforce ata for sata drive, and appleviaata for pata drives.... just wait a little, i just got back... :)

I did use my own deviceID (which happens to be the same as yours), I looked it up in my Vista device manager to make sure. Very strange.

I did use my own deviceID (which happens to be the same as yours), I looked it up in my Vista device manager to make sure. Very strange.

if it s same it should work, obviously, you are missing some steps mate... either not delete mkext and kext cache and permission? i dont know how you added your id to appleviaata, also, at boot use -v -f as well after doing the steps...

in the guide, i used terminal way and it s better and no need fixing permissions, however if you did gui way of adding dev id, than it may explain your problem, you have to fix the permissions...

if it s same it should work, obviously, you are missing some steps mate... either not delete mkext and kext cache and permission? i dont know how you added your id to appleviaata, also, at boot use -v -f as well after doing the steps...

in the guide, i used terminal way and it s better and no need fixing permissions, however if you did gui way of adding dev id, than it may explain your problem, you have to fix the permissions...

I got it working finally. I really have no idea what was going on as I basically copy/pasted your instructions. Oh well, its working now on the VIA kext and I am seeing about the same read/write as you are in xbench.

(On closer thought, I don't think I was using -F on reboot last night. I was too tired to be working on .kexts I guess, lol.)

Thank you!

I got it working finally. I really have no idea what was going on as I basically copy/pasted your instructions. Oh well, its working now on the VIA kext and I am seeing about the same read/write as you are in xbench.

(On closer thought, I don't think I was using -F on reboot last night. I was too tired to be working on .kexts I guess, lol.)

Thank you!

great... glad it works... for my system nforce ata is not stable enough, random freezes, so appleviaata works much better...

great... glad it works... for my system nforce ata is not stable enough, random freezes, so appleviaata works much better...

Just for the record (if other people are using the same hardware as me and doing a search) AppleNForceATA.kext was working fine with no freezes or anything as far as I could tell, but AppleVIAATA.kext works much faster.

Warning: to everyone who has iatkos right now, please do not share it with a guy named Hamb0ne please! The guy needs to learn some manners first, people try to help him, all he does is swearing at them...

He swore at me 4-5 times and never apologized, after all I did was to help him or guide him.

Hi all!

After I've "scrambled" my system with the nvidia installer yesterday, I've reinstalled from scratch today.

I've used the nvinject ane geforce patch from the iatkos DVD during installation and they work very well.

Now I have full resolution, QE and Dual Display. :D :D :D

System seems quite stable.

My 2 Sata HD work well.

Sleep doesn't work. I've removed all the "auto-sleep" function for system and hdd in the Energy Saver preferences.

however I can live without that.

For the network I've used an old realtek I've found in a drawer :) and it worked "out of the box".

About audio, I have line out but not line in, I have still to search forum for this.

The only annoying issue is with USB port.

System profiler sees all my usb ports.

I've connected a Bluetooth dongle and it works well.

But if I connect an USB key, the system does not mount it.

But if I look in the Sytem profiler the key is there, with all its correct specification.

Any advice?

However I would thank again Mysticus, Medevil and all the people involved in this release.

Thank you guys (and girls). ;)