Any way to run OS 9 on Windows?

~pcwiz

18 posts in this topic

There's no 3D support in SheepShaver. Some games will work in software rendering (Quake works pretty good), but most QuickDraw3D/OpenGL apps will simply crash SheepShaver. It's certainly possible that 3D support will be added eventually, but the task would not be trivial. However a lot of Mac games that require 3D hardware are cross-platform anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
try basilisk II or fusion 3.0 for windows some info about emulator at macwindows.com

Those are Mac 68k emulators...

To run Mac OS 9, you can try SheepShaver, but as it has been stated, you can't use QuickDraw. You may also want to try QEMU PPC edition, but that is more for Linux PPC editions than Mac.

You could even try "Mac-on Linux", but that requires Linux on a PPC processor, so you be better off getting an actual Mac...

• 4 months later...
Well I have SheepShaver running on OS X with COI (Classic on Intel) and although its lightning fast I don't think I'll be able to play Nanosaur and Bugdom on it :P

There is a version of Nanosaur, that, as far as I know, runs on Tiger and Leopard. It came installed on a G4 I got off of ebay. Dunno if that's a different one though.

• 10 months later...