comatron

132 posts in this topic

it worked on my laptop

i can hear now but i cant control it

i cant change the volume

and it doesnt fix my input

how can i fix that?

my lattop is : Hp dv6680ej

lets do a thread for this great 268 chip - the HDA thread is way to big to pick out all the 268 snippets. the guys made it possible:

TARUGA

DIEGO GIOVANNY

thank you VERY much! i hope you both guys will update this thread for all 268 masses.

check the latest full working release in the attachment. let the taruga patcher run first - then install the AppleHDA.kext (please dont ask howto install kexts).

known bugs:

- on external mic with high input you get sound out of your speakers when talking.

- some users report of background noise on choosing internal mic

how install?

step 1.install taruga patcher first

step 2.after install AppleHDA.kext

or

step 1.install AppleHDA.kext first

step 2.install taruga patcher after

It works with my Toshiba U300-13M perfectly, although I had a high volume noise in the beginning I managed to get rid of that by turning the external microphone input level on 0. Thanks for the solution.

Thanks! This works great on my HP DV 9700t. Both internal speakers work, both headphone jacks, and the mic port work.

The volume control slider built in on the laptop works, but the mute dosnt. When I press it, the audio icon comes up showing audio has been muted but it dosnt do anything. The audio dosnt automaticly switch from speakers to headphones when I plug my headphones in (like it does on windows), but thats not a big problem, I just have to switch it in the audio options.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Works on my P-205, but the earphones of my ipod give me an infinitely better sound than the built-in speakers, but there is too much noise. I think this is interference from the internal system (hard disk, fan) because if i mute the volume of the earphones, i still get the spinning noise of the hard disk.

but ill live with it. thanx

Works on an HP Pavilion HV6500 with Realtek audio masquerading as Intel, as far as I could tell from the PCI IDs. Haven't tried all variations yet but the speakers make a sound and volume is controllable. Based on Kalyway, vanilla kernel.

Thanks!

Fantastic! I'm on an HP Pavillion DV9650US and I've been HUNTING for the proper audio solution. This driver did the trick for me!

-Speakers - Work Perfect

-Output jacks - Both working perfect

-Internal Microphone - Works BEAUTIFULLY!

-Microphone Input - Works pretty good, but too high a volume causes some white nose for no real reason.

The only issue is that there's some white noise going on in the background. To fix this, go to your Audio Input and turn the volume all the way down for your external microphone input (the Microphone/Line-In jack) and the noise should go away. =) Almost perfect aside from that noise issue, but still works very well. All that's left is for my Broadcom wireless card to get here and I'll be all set with my laptop.

I installed this on my Hp Pavilion dv6700t:

Speakers- Working, but with a lot of white noise

Volume control- Flawless

Headphone jacks- don't work

Built in mic- not tested

Mic in- not tested

Could somebody help me with the white noise?

Also, my computer doesn't shut down properly anymore.

I'm running an HP DV6871 laptop and I got the audio to work but I can't control the volume (only mute) and use the microphones. System preferences is telling me that the device has no output controls and can't detect any input devices (there are two microphones next to my webcam). I installed taruga first then used kext helper to install the apple hda. I'm new to this so can anyone help me out?

I installed this on my Hp Pavilion dv6700t:

Speakers- Working, but with a lot of white noise

Volume control- Flawless

Headphone jacks- don't work

Built in mic- not tested

Mic in- not tested

Could somebody help me with the white noise?

Also, my computer doesn't shut down properly anymore.

I couldnt find a permanent fix for the white noise, but you can go to system preferences, and click on sound, and minimize the window. you will notice that the white noise disappears, so if you dont mind this, could solve it for you.

the shutdown problem is provided here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=96434 provided by hplaptopmac

lets do a thread for this great 268 chip - the HDA thread is way to big to pick out all the 268 snippets. the guys made it possible:

TARUGA

DIEGO GIOVANNY

thank you VERY much! i hope you both guys will update this thread for all 268 masses.

check the latest full working release in the attachment. let the taruga patcher run first - then install the AppleHDA.kext (please dont ask howto install kexts).

known bugs:

- on external mic with high input you get sound out of your speakers when talking.

- some users report of background noise on choosing internal mic

Thanx Man! It also works on the Acer Extensa 5620z with 10.5.4! Wow, I nearly got a MacBook... only Wlan, but maybe in some weeks... good luck!

Just installed it on my Dell Vostro 1510 running Leopard 10.5.4.

Internal speakers are working perfectly.

Headphones are working but there is loud wind.

Sound keys are working.

Microphone isn't working.

Line-in untested.

Just installed it on my Dell Vostro 1510 running Leopard 10.5.4.

Internal speakers are working perfectly.

Headphones are working but there is loud wind.

Sound keys are working.

Microphone isn't working.

Line-in untested.

Do u have a shutdown problem?

Mine vostro

1310 does

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Works like a champ for me!

It detects both my built in microphones (one on either side of the webcam built into the lid of my laptop)

I can use the volume buttons on my laptop, or even use the wireless remote!

Only thing that doesn't seem to work on it is the mute button. It displays a graphic like it's muted but I still hear sounds. It doesn't auto-switch between speakers or headphones, but that's a small price to pay. Been so silent for sooo long!!!! Also, I had to turn the input levels on both mics down or else I'd hear ambient hissing noises through my speakers and my headphones.