Realtek ALC 268 WORKING

comatron

132 posts in this topic

All those having Dell Vostro 1510 with ALC268 - lucky ones (from now on!!!)

All the "THANKS!" and "RESPECT, DUDE!" for the working driver go to Skvo from http://applelife.ru

Yesterday I (being a happy owner of that laptop) finally got the kext that solved all(!) the problems with sound on my laptop with MacOS X 10.5.7 (iAtkos 10.5.7).

So, here are the details of my ALC268:

Device ID: 0x10280273

Also attached please find the two codec dumps made be me for my sound device (one of them is made using VoodooHDA driver, another one - using UBUNTU 8.04 LiveCD).

And, of course, AppleHDA.kext, which finally works with this ALC268!

Features:

built-in speakers - work

headphones - work (autoswitch between speakers and headphones)

built-in microphone - works

external microphone - works (autoswitch)

Install the kext using any appropriate program (in my case it was Kext Helper b7), but first make sure you don't have any other sound driver installed! No Azalia, no VoodooHDA, no ALCInjectors of any kind. Otherwise you may have some problems with getting ALC268 work fine (as well as you will get nothing in "About this Mac.." audio section).

After that you may run "Repair permissions" in Disk Utility. In my case i didn't even have to reboot the system - the devise was recorganized and ready to operate immediately.

Hope this will be helpful!

Best regards,

Rebellious

ALC268 driver for HP Pavilion 6500

All the features are the same as in the above-mentioned driver for Dell Vostro 1510. The author is also Skvo from http://applelife.ru

I have a Pavillion dv 6755 and this worked flawlessly!!

Tnx

• 3 weeks later...
lets do a thread for this great 268 chip - the HDA thread is way to big to pick out all the 268 snippets. the guys made it possible:

TARUGA

DIEGO GIOVANNY

thank you VERY much! i hope you both guys will update this thread for all 268 masses.

check the latest full working release in the attachment. let the taruga patcher run first - then install the AppleHDA.kext (please dont ask howto install kexts).

known bugs:

- on external mic with high input you get sound out of your speakers when talking.

- some users report of background noise on choosing internal mic

:thumbsup_anim: THE LINK IS ALREADY DEAD!! :-( ... Please post a NEW link directing to the file ^^

• 2 weeks later...
All those having Dell Vostro 1510 with ALC268 - lucky ones (from now on!!!)

All the "THANKS!" and "RESPECT, DUDE!" for the working driver go to Skvo from http://applelife.ru

Yesterday I (being a happy owner of that laptop) finally got the kext that solved all(!) the problems with sound on my laptop with MacOS X 10.5.7 (iAtkos 10.5.7).

So, here are the details of my ALC268:

Device ID: 0x10280273

Also attached please find the two codec dumps made be me for my sound device (one of them is made using VoodooHDA driver, another one - using UBUNTU 8.04 LiveCD).

And, of course, AppleHDA.kext, which finally works with this ALC268!

Features:

built-in speakers - work

headphones - work (autoswitch between speakers and headphones)

built-in microphone - works

external microphone - works (autoswitch)

Install the kext using any appropriate program (in my case it was Kext Helper b7), but first make sure you don't have any other sound driver installed! No Azalia, no VoodooHDA, no ALCInjectors of any kind. Otherwise you may have some problems with getting ALC268 work fine (as well as you will get nothing in "About this Mac.." audio section).

After that you may run "Repair permissions" in Disk Utility. In my case i didn't even have to reboot the system - the devise was recorganized and ready to operate immediately.

Hope this will be helpful!

Best regards,

Rebellious

All the features are the same as in the above-mentioned driver for Dell Vostro 1510. The author is also Skvo from http://applelife.ru

well i need desperate help!!! :(

i have search anywhere i got the same results...im on a dell vostro 1510 and installed your kext...everything is fine....but sound is really bad ... is crappy and sometimes it goes like slow..any help would be great!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
well i need desperate help!!! :(

i have search anywhere i got the same results...im on a dell vostro 1510 and installed your kext...everything is fine....but sound is really bad ... is crappy and sometimes it goes like slow..any help would be great!

Sorry for not attending the topic for a long period of time (my Vostro 1510 motherboard died as a result of Sleep Mode experiments). Well, I'm not much of a programmer to give you considerable help, but still. Do all the features work OK with the kext except for the afore-mentioned slow sound? Does it work OK with Voodoo HDA (as my ALC268 works OK with it, though having much less features)?

P.S. Looking forward to the new motherboard installed on my laptop. Hope it won't turn into a new nightmare with sound driver search.

MODIFIED Wed Sep 16 11:36 CDT

anybody knows how to port this driver to snow leopard?

I do. Here are the Snow Leopard kexts for the hp Pavilion dv6500 / dv6700 / dv9500 / dv9700 platform with ALC268.

Please note, you will see the message:

Sound assertion "kTypePinComplex != fType" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-174.1.1/AppleHDA/AppleHDAWidget.cpp" at line 1562 goto Exit

in your dmesg output and on verbose startup, and continuously when booting in single user mode. This does not appear to be the case in the Leopard version of the kext from which I derived this new Snow Leopard version - I am working on a fix, but wouldn't mind some help :) The latest version (1.1) has audio injected via a NEW dsdt.aml for the dv(6|9)(5|7)00 series, and does NOT require ALCinject or HDAenabler! How cool is that? Thanks to THE KiNG for that info (see link below).

This has also been observed by others here, but they also found what I've found, which is not a lot :) but also that it doesn't seem to have a discernable impact, other than the fact that it hits your dmesg about once every two seconds. If anyone knows why this is, or how to fix it (perhaps, Rebellious - you could ask Skvo) I would love to see it go away.

I couldn't possibly take any credit for anything here other than reading directions and following instructions: All the links that were useful to me in creating this SL kext are listed below.

HOW TO Port AppleHDA to SL

HOW TO Patch AppleHDA by THE KiNG <- best! Shows how to patch DSDT

HOW TO Pin Config

HOW TO Patch AppleHDA.kext with 10.5.x

Guide ALC889a with analog 5.1 surround (not relevant to dvX500/dvX700) but may be useful to some readers)

Credit to Skvo of AppleLife.ru for the original kext, thanks to Rebellious for bringing it to us -- and credit to THE KiNG for his DSDT howto and mormegil for his porting AppleHDA to SL kext howto -- both were instrumental in getting this kext out to y'all.

SL_AppleHDA_for_dv6500_with_NEW_DSDT_v1.1.zip

I do. Here are the Snow Leopard kexts for the hp Pavilion dv6500 / dv6700 / dv9500 / dv9700 platform with ALC268.

Sound assertion "kTypePinComplex != fType" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-174.1.1/AppleHDA/AppleHDAWidget.cpp" at line 1562 goto Exit

in your dmesg output and on verbose startup, and continuously when booting in single user mode. This does not appear to be the case in the Leopard version of the kext from which I derived this new Snow Leopard version - I am working on a fix, but wouldn't mind some help :( The latest version (1.1) has audio injected via a NEW dsdt.aml for the dv(6|9)(5|7)00 series, and does NOT require ALCinject or HDAenabler! How cool is that? Thanks to THE KiNG for that info (see link below).

This has also been observed by others here, but they also found what I've found, which is not a lot :D but also that it doesn't seem to have a discernable impact, other than the fact that it hits your dmesg about once every two seconds. If anyone knows why this is, or how to fix it (perhaps, Rebellious - you could ask Skvo) I would love to see it go away.

I couldn't possibly take any credit for anything here other than reading directions and following instructions: All the links that were useful to me in creating this SL kext are listed below.

HOW TO Pin Config

Guide ALC889a with analog 5.1 surround (not relevant to dvX500/dvX700) but may be useful to some readers)

Credit to Skvo of AppleLife.ru for the original kext, thanks to Rebellious for bringing it to us -- and credit to THE KiNG for his DSDT howto and mormegil for his porting AppleHDA to SL kext howto -- both were instrumental in getting this kext out to y'all.

I'm having a great noise on the background when I use the internal mic. Any suggestion on how to fix it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm having a great noise on the background when I use the internal mic. Any suggestion on how to fix it?

You know, I noticed that too - not really. I use a Blue Snowball USB mic, so I'm not really concerned about the internal mic quality -- sound output seems good. Not to say I won't try to look into it but DSDT hacks pertaining to the hp Pavilion 65/67/95/9700t series has been my focus lately when it comes to time spent on 10.6.

any fix on the sound assertion errors?

I personally haven't yet found a fix - no. Is anyone else looking at it?

• 4 weeks later...

it works very good in dv9575ep!

only the light switch to mute changes color sometimes while not playing anything lol..

I din't tried the input cause even in windows it works badly..

Thanks a lot!

• 2 weeks later...

strange eth behaviour and no sound device in Acer Extensa 5220

================================================

Hello all,

I installed 2 days ago XxX.10.5.6-Final.v2 and added iDeneb.10.5.7.KIT+iDeneb.10.5.8.KIT.

Unfortunately I have no sound. (neither in XxX.105.6_Final.v2 initially)

Initially I have chosen alc268 (modded by comatron) pack which was working in my old Kalyway 10.5.1 pack - it was upgraded gradually to 10.5.5 and audio kext was replaced by Taruga's pack 1 or 2 and later a kind of autosensing was added to.

But in this release I cannot even see audio input/output.

Which extra kexts are needed for sound? (tried solutions of comatron, noobx,CharredPC,MadTux but cannot even see input/output for sound)

These were added initially in XxX,10.5.6:

safe boot added +

dsmos,

IntelCPUPMDisabler

SMBIOSEnabler

ICHx Chipset Support

AppleNForceATA

AppleATIATA

AppleVIAATA

alc268 (modded by comatron)

ACPIBatteryManager (Chun-Nan)

OpenHaltRestart

TemperatureMonitor <-- not working

ALPSGlidepcDriver

LocalTimeToggle

Tools (all)

note: Broadcom BCM5787M was later added and works only in promiscuite mode - but needs to be set after every restart/reboot (maybe using different BCM5787M since in old days I had to change 5701 or 5751 ?? and was ok) + it "poisoned" OpenHaltRestart.

in addition in Menumeter application I cannot see transmitted and recieved amount of data - is it consequence of promisquite mode?

Can somebody give me a hint?

Thanks and regards,

bozon42

strange eth behaviour and no sound device in Acer Extensa 5220

Most likely you have leftover bits of multiple audio drivers in your system now, so nothing works right. If your 5220 is close to my 5620 (as I think it is) then the audio drivers I use should be perfect (see my sig). It may simply be a matter of making sure everyone else's leftovers are gone, installing them correctly, and rebuilding your kext cache (B7 kext helper does this automatically).

The Ethernet driver is a complete mess, so I wouldn't be surprised with any glitches or bugs you may have noticed. Again, if we have the same 5787M, there's no other options.

If all else fails, I seriously suggest a retail install. You don't need most of those kexts you selected. I can count the ones I use on one hand, plus I know exactly what is installed on my system. Patched distros tend to turn into snowballs, where you never know what's rigged up where, or why things don't work / get unstable :)

Most likely you have leftover bits of multiple audio drivers in your system now, so nothing works right. If your 5220 is close to my 5620 (as I think it is) then the audio drivers I use should be perfect (see my sig). It may simply be a matter of making sure everyone else's leftovers are gone, installing them correctly, and rebuilding your kext cache (B7 kext helper does this automatically).

The Ethernet driver is a complete mess, so I wouldn't be surprised with any glitches or bugs you may have noticed. Again, if we have the same 5787M, there's no other options.

If all else fails, I seriously suggest a retail install. You don't need most of those kexts you selected. I can count the ones I use on one hand, plus I know exactly what is installed on my system. Patched distros tend to turn into snowballs, where you never know what's rigged up where, or why things don't work / get unstable ;)

Hello CharredPC,

strange eth behaviour is not so important - I am glad it works at least, but sound is a bit more important.

I am thinking about 3 options: (3rd I will try later)

a) either to start again with XxX.10.5.6.Final.v2 and check all kext (version numbers) related to audio

:) check my current installation and check all kexts (version numbers) related to audio

In both cases though I am not 100% sure I identify all kexts. Am I to remove all kexts containing HDA in its name, AppleALCinject, and try your kexts?

c) I liked very much Kalyway installation - I was able to get my Acer 5220 running (I successfully upgraded from 10.5.1 to 10.5.5 gradually with 10.5.2, 10.5.3 and 10.5.4). I have chosen XxX.10.5.6 since it is - AFAIK - continuation of Kalyway distro.

If a)/ ;) fails I would try a Retail - to be frank I have been planning it for a long time.:-))

Can you recommend me some good link for Retail 10.5.6 installation that is close to your installation?

I also think there is no big difference between 5620 and 5220 (there is one small I am sure - I cannot try Snow Leopard on mine since it has one core only).

Thanks and regards,

bozon42

Hmm,

I installed again XxX.10.5.6.Final.V2 (did not add KITs 10.5.7, 10.5.8) and then deleted all kexts in/S/L/E with HDA and Audio in its name + ALCinject.kext and installed sound kext from CharredPC's signature, but sound did not appear.

What do I do wrong?

Note: I have tried Taruga's installer TarugaACL268Installer5.app + his AppleHDA.kext before but did not help either.

Note: When I had Kalyway 10.5.1 comatron's solution helped me (see #27 in http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...7524&st=20)

Regards,

bozon42

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

ZZZH

in your dmesg output and on verbose startup, and continuously when booting in single user mode. This does not appear to be the case in the Leopard version of the kext from which I derived this new Snow Leopard version - I am working on a fix, but wouldn't mind some help :D The latest version (1.1) has audio injected via a NEW dsdt.aml for the dv(6|9)(5|7)00 series, and does NOT require ALCinject or HDAenabler! How cool is that? Thanks to THE KiNG for that info (see link below).

This has also been observed by others here, but they also found what I've found, which is not a lot :) but also that it doesn't seem to have a discernable impact, other than the fact that it hits your dmesg about once every two seconds. If anyone knows why this is, or how to fix it (perhaps, Rebellious - you could ask Skvo) I would love to see it go away.

HOW TO Pin Config

Hi!

can u tall how to install stap by stap pls

1.sound ( Realtalk Alc 268 ) need driver

2.vedio ( ATI Radeon Xpress 1250 ) need driver

3.dvd player not playing any dvd. need fix

4.dvd-drive checks every 5 minutes if there is a Disk into or Not - How can i disable this?

5.launchctl: Please convert the following to launchd: /etc/mach_init.d /dashboardadvisoryd.plist

6.some time i got this panic "Debugger called: <panic>Backtrace (CPU 0) Frame: Return Address

thanks

post-573264-1271418209_thumb.jpg