*.ogg in iTunes

Leg

18 posts in this topic

I have Mac at my work... it's PowerMac G4. There all the plugins for ogg playback in QuickTime and iTunes works great... But at home on PC it doesn't work. Where can I get intel codecs?

Ogg Vorbis files whould be able to be decoded by VLC.

Decoded, yes, but the ogg component for QT allows you to put ogg files in iTunes playlist and even export to ogg in QT (I think). If someone would do a UniBin of that component it would be awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

Those components doesn't work... :(

What about VLC - great player with support for many video-audio formats. But I tried to configure it and now it doesn't want to start... It's silently quit right after start... So it's configuration saved somewhere on my computer. How to uninstall it completely?

And more one problem... Tag encoding in iTunes after grabbing/renaming. I have encoding problem with cyrillic names. Files named in cyrillic under Mac OS X can't be wieved (their names and tags in songs) under other OSes...

i have cleared settings for VLC. There was special script in its installation folder. Now everithing works great except the slow performance when trying to set movie size to double or fullscreen. I think it's because there are no drivers installed for my NVIDIA 6600GT and the PPC architecture of application...

but i have more one question about iTunes. When inserting new audio cd it tryes to connect to CDDB. How to turn it off? I just want it showed me a song list!

I've compiled and packaged XiphQT(Universal Binary) today. It works now. After installing XiphQT, you can use Xiph formats in any QuickTime-based application, e.g. playing or coverting Ogg Vorbis in iTunes. (QuickTime 7 required)

Also you can play Ogg Vorbis with VLC. I've already compiled VLC_20050924_x86_bin.dmg last year. Including MPEG-1,2 video codec, AAC audio codec, DVD libraries...

http://www.nextcube.org/files/tiger-x86/Xi...20060211_UB.dmg

http://rapidshare.de/files/6116408/VLC_200...86_bin.rar.html

I've compiled and packaged XiphQT(Universal Binary) today.

capri91, i am screaming with joy, quietly of course. well, actually

listening to my precious oggs for the first time in osX in a civilised manner.

this should be stickied and front page news, OR a new thread begun.

if you don't do it i will, but with respect i'll wait a few days.

best news since osX on intel, i'm barely exaggerating. :)

THANK YOU

(one hundred and forty fifth ecstatic post) :D

• 1 month later...

I don't know if anyone else trying the above component had trouble with tunes occasionally skipping but, if like me you did, it might be worth checking out the following:

http://people.xiph.org/~arek/

To get it properly installed I had to remove the Xiph*.pkg files from /Library/Receipts before running the .mpkg file in the installer but I don't know if that was due to the way I tried to remove the old versions.

Hopefully a full release will come sometime soon anyway!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hmm, could I get that UB of Xiph anywhere else? The ones that Xiph have on their site don't seem to be working for me... ;)

Perhaps it's because I'm on 10.4.8? I could really do with .ogg support in iTunes...