P5K-SE - Retail Leopard Instalation

Jimmy Mallmann

1,037 posts in this topic

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

ASUS P5K-SE - Leopard 10.5.8 (updated 08-10-2009)

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

MY P5K-Family HACKINTOSH :P

MotherBoard = ASUS P5K-SE (fully working) (ok)

NIC (Onboard) = Attansic L1 Ethernet (ok)

Wireless = D-Link DWL-G520 (ok)

BlueTooth = Usb Bluetooth Linksys USBBT100 (ok)

Processor = Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 @ 3.5 GHZ (ok)

CPU Cooler = Thermaltake V1 CPU Cooler (ok)

Memory = 4x Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 MHZ 1024 MB (ok)

Graphics = XFX Geforce 9800GTX+ 512 MB GDDR3 (ok)

Display = 20" Apple Cinema Display (M9177LL/A) (ok)

Hard Disk = 2X SAMSUNG SATA II 500 GB 32MB Cache (ok)

DVD+RW = 2X SATA PIONEER (ok)

Mouse = Mighty Mouse Wired (MB112LL/A) (ok)

Keyboard = Apple Wired Aluminum Keyboard (MB110LLA) (ok)

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

PROS :rolleyes:

• WORKS WITH OTHER P5K MOBOS (P35 & ICH9 CHIPSETS)
  • THE RETAIL SYSTEM IS FASTER THAN THE ONES YOU GET BY USING PATCHED VERSIONS.. (KALYWAY, IDENEB, IAKTOS...)
  • THE UPDATE PROCEDURE IS EASIER, USING SYSTEM UPDATE
  • THE SHUTDOWN FEATURE WORKS 100%

CONS :(

• NOT IN ONE DVD INSTALL, YOU HAVE TO DOWNLOAD EVERYTHING FIRST
  • NEED TO FOLLOW SOME PROCEDURES, BY THE BOOK
  • NEED TO GET AND BURN A DUAL LAYER DVD (FOR THE RETAIL VERSION DVD)

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

YOU WILL NEED:

1 - SERIAL ATA (S-ATA) DVD DRIVE :D

2 - BOOT 123 CD IMAGE - P5K CLASS MOBO :P (link)

3 - INSTALATION DVD - Mac OS X Install DVD 10.5.6, 6.71 GB, you may buy at any Apple Retail Store (link), PirateBay? maybe? :pirate2: , BitTorent? What is BitTorrent? :gun:

4 - P5K-Family_10.5.8 KEXTS PACK INSTALLER (link)

5 - UNIVERSAL OSx86 INSTALLER (link)

6 - MacOSXUpd10.5.8.dmg (link)

BEFORE STARTING, CHECK YOUR VIDEO CARD COMPATIBILITY!!! (link)

ALSO READING THE FAQ SHOULD BRING SOME LIGHT ON!!!

SO, LET´S START... :unsure:

1- DOWNLOAD "EVERYTHING" FIRST

• BURN THE BOOT 123 FOR P5K FAMILY MOBOS CD FIRST (USE TOAST TITANIUM OR NERO, DO NOT USE DISK UTILITY)...
  • BURN THE INSTALATION DVD WITH NERO BURNING ROOM, TOAST TITANIUM OR WHATHEVER..
  • COPY THE NECESSARY FILES TO A CD, DVD OR PENDRIVE!

2- BOOT WITH BOOT 123 DVD, AFTER LOADING, PRESS " F8 ", OTHERWISE IT WILL LOOP ENDLESSLY, THEN PRESS "ESC" AND REPLACE IT WITH THE DE RETAIL LEOPARD 10.5.6 DVD, PRESS ENTER, AND PRESS ENTER AGAIN, LET IT LOAD, AFTER BOOTING CHOOSE THE LANGUAGE TO USE, BLA, BLA, BLA!

BEFORE INSTALLING, YOU SHOULD SET UP YOUR HARD DISK PARTITION AS GUID, SELECT THE WHOLE DISK, IN OPTIONS YOU´LL SEE GUID, MBR, ETC..., CHOOSE GUID, AND GIVE IT A NAME, APPLY!

3- IN THE INSTALATION OPTIONS SELECT/DESELECT THE ITEMS YOU NEED/NOT NEED

4- PROBABLY YOU WILL HAVE AN INSTALATION ERROR IN THE END, IGNORE IT! AND REBOOT

5 - BOOT WITH THE BOOT 123 DVD FOR P5K MOBOS AGAIN! PRESS " F8 ", THEN " ESC " AND NOW YOU WILL TYPE A NUMBER FOR THE HARD DISK YOU HAVE INSTALLED MAC OS X IN, FOR THE FIRST HARD DISK TYPE " 80 ", FOR THE SECON HARD DISK TYPE " 81 " AND PRESS ENTER.. IT WILL BOOT MAC OS X IN RETAIL MODE.

6- YOU WILL SEE THE FANCY VIDEO FROM APPLE, CONFIGURE YOUR ACCOUNT, BLA, BLA, BLA...

7- AFTER THAT, YOU NEED TO RUN THE UNIVERSAL OSx86 INSTALLER " UInstaller.app "

• CHOOSE THE HARD DRIVE TO APPLY TO:
  • SET THE BOOT TIME THING.. (ONLY IF YOU NEED)
  • SET NATIVE BOOT RESOLUTION.. (MINE IS 1440 X 900)
  • CHECK THE INSTALL PC_EFI_V9 OPTION... (NECESSARY, VERY!)
  • APPLY ETHERNET EFI STRING.. (ONLY IF YOU NEED, TIME MACHINE)
  • APPLY EFI STRING FOR VIDEO CARD (SELECT YOURS OR CLICK CUSTOM NVIDIA)

AND CLICK APPLY!

8- NOW RUN THE 10.5.8 UPDATE, INSTALL IT, BUT DO NOT REBOOT YET.

9- RUN THE P5K-Family_10.5.8.pkg INSTALLER (link) AND REBOOT WITHOUT THE BOOT 123 CD/DVD!

*NOTE 1:IF YOU WANT SLEEP TO WORK, TRY THIS SOLUTION (link)

*NOTE 2:IF YOU ENABLE SLEEP, BE AWARE THAT LAN (ATTANSIC) WILL NOT WORK RIGHT AFTER IT, TO DO SO, OPEN THE TERMINAL AND TYPE " attansic " TO REENABLE IT! :angel:

NOW YOU SHOULD HAVE A FULLY WORKING SYSTEM, OF COURSE, IF YOU HAVE DONE EVERYTHING BY THE BOOK... TRY NOT TO MESS THINGS UP! :gun:

UPDATING FROM AN EXISTING INSTALATION

1. DOWNLOAD THE COMBO UPDATE FROM APPLE;
  2. INSTALL THE UPDATE, DO NOT REBOOT YET;
  3. INSTALL THE "P5K-Family_10.5.8.pkg" (link), THEN REBOOT. ;)

KEXTS FOR OTHER P5K CLASS MOBOS...

AUDIO

• P5K-SE, P5K, P5K PRO, P5K SE/EPU, P5K WS, P5K/EPU, P5KC & P5KR (ALC883 INCLUDED IN THE P5K-SE.ZIP AND INSTALLER)
  • P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP, P5K Premium/WiFi-AP, P5K3 Deluxe/WiFi-AP, P5K3 Premium/WiFi-AP, P5K-E & P5K-E/WIFI-AP USE ADI - AD1988B 8 -Channel High Definition Audio CODEC IS SUPPORTED BY THE NEW "VooDooHDA.kext"

WIRELESS

• P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP (link)

*NOTE 3: IT CONNECTS USING ITS OWN APP, NOT USING AIRPORT UTILITY!

KEYBOARD LAYOUTS

• BRAZILIAN ABNT2 KEYBOARD (link)
  • USINTERNATIONAL KEYBOARD LAYOUT (link)
  • LATIN AMERICAN KEYBOARD LAYOUT (link)

KEXTS INCLUDED IN THE INSTALLER

• AppleDecrypt.kext, thanks to "PsyStar "
  • AppleIntelPXIIATA.kext, thanks to " -DuNe- "
  • AppleSMBIOSEFI.kext, thanks to " ~Eureka "
  • AppleVIAATA.kext, thanks to " Apple "
  • AttansicL1Ethernet.kext, thanks to " DaemonES & MadInt "
  • Disabler.kext, thanks to " Kabyl "
  • IONetworkingFamily.kext, thanks to " Apple "
  • OpenHaltRestart.kext, thanks to " PsyStar "
  • seatbelt.kext, thanks to " Voodoo Team "
  • VoodooHDA.kext, thanks to " VoodooLabs " and " Ollo1969 "
  • VoodooPS2Controller.kext, thanks to " VoodooLabs "

*NOTE 4: THE DESCRIPTION OF EACH .KEXT IS FOUND IN THE P5K-Family_10.5.8.pkg KEXT PACK INSTALLER, CLICK IN THE OPTIONS.

FAQ (YES, FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS)

Q: I HAVE A "STILL WAITING FOR BOOT DEVICE" MESSAGE, WHAT IS THAT?

A: YOU ARE TRYING TO BOOT USING AN IDE DVD THAT IS NOT SUPPORTED, USE A S-ATA DVD!

Q: DO I HAVE TO DOWNLOAD THE 10.5.8 COMBO UPDATE?

A: IF YOU WANT TO HAVE A 10.5.8 SYSTEM, THEN YES, YOU NEED TO!

Q: DON´T I NEED DSDT PATCHER FOR 10.5.8?

A: NO, YOU DON´T :) .

Q: CAN I USE AN IDE DVD?

A: YOU MAY TRY, IF YOU ARE LUCKY! BUT PREFER TO USE A S-ATA DVD.

Q: WHAT APPLICATION DO I USE TO BURN THE BOOT123 ISO?

A: I SUGGEST TOAST TITANIUM, OR NERO BURNING ROM.

Q: I AM HAVING PROBLEMS WITH MY NVIDIA GEFORCE 8XXXGS, WHY?

A: NOT SURE WHY, BUT THEY SOMETIMES NEED SOME MANUAL WORKAROUND.

Q: CAN I USE BOOT 123 METHOD IN MY "NOTEBOOK/OTHER MOBO"?

A: I HAVE NO IDEA! SEARCH INSANELYMAC® FORUM FOR OTHER MOBOS AND NOTEBOOKS HOW-TOS AND LOOK HERE FOR NOTEBOOKS (link) AND HERE FOR HARDWARE COMPONENTS (link).

Q: CAN I DUAL BOOT WITH VISTA®?

A: I DO NOT USE WINDOWS® STUFF, BUT I KNOW PEOPLE DO THAT, SEARCH THE FORUM FOR A HOW-TO. BY THE WAY! WINDOWS XP® WILL NOT INSTALL IF THERE IS A GUID PARTITION IN ANY HD CONNECTED TO THE COMPUTER, SO DISABLE YOUR GUID HARD DRIVE FOR THE INSTALLATION, THEM RE-ENABLE IT WHEN DONE.

Q: DOES TIME MACHINE WORK?

A: YES IT DOES, YOU NEED TO APPLY "TIME MACHINE FIX" USING UINSTALLER.APP.

Q: WHY USE GUID INSTEAD OF MBR?

A: THE RETAIL INSTALLATION DVD DOES NOT INSTALL IN MBR PARTITIONS AT ALL.

Q: MY FIREFOX/SAFARI DOES NOT OPEN QUICKTIME MOVIES ANYMORE, WHY?

A: QUICKTIME BUG, GET THE "JBrowserQTFixer" BY "GMCOUTO" HERE.. (link).

Q: IS THERE ANY WAY OF CHANGING FOLDER ICONS?

A: THAT SEEM VERY USELESS, BUT TRY HERE (link) AND HERE FOR CONVERTING ICNS TO PNG (link)

Q: MY MARVELL 88E8056 ETHERNET CONTROLLER DOES NOT WORK, WHY?

A: THE VANILLA .PLIST DOES NOT HAVE YOUR HARDWARE ID, SO GET THIS PATCHED KEXT (link). OR DO IT MANUALLY (link).

Q: WHY DO I HAVE A MOUSE LAG WHILE USING QUICKTIME/ITUNES?

A: QUICKTIME BUG, AGAIN! FIX POSTED HERE (link).

Q: WHAT COMBO UPDATE DO I DOWNLOAD?

A: IF YOU ARE INSTALLING FROM A FRESH INSTALL, GET THE NEWEST AND BIGGEST FILE SIZED COMBO UPDATE, IF YOU ARE UPDATING FROM A VERSION JUST BEFORE THE UPDATE, LIKE YOU HAVE A 10.5.7 VERSION INSTALLED AND YOU WANT TO UPDATE TO 10.5.8, THEN YOU MAY GET THE SMALLEST COMBO UPDATE SIZED FILE.

CHANGELOG:

12-21-2008

• ALC883 WORKING KEXTS ARE INCLUDED IN THE PACK, NO NEED FOR PATCH;
  • KEXTS HAVE AN INSTALLER OF IT´S OWN;
  • REMOVED THE "EHCISleepEnabler.kext", I GAVE UP SLEEP, IT IS TROUBLING;
  • ADDED THIS CHANGELOG.

12-23-2008

• AFTER INTALL, YOU´LL NEED TO SELECT "LINE OUT" IN SOUND PREFERENCES PANE.

12-27-2008

• ADDED THE WIRELESS INSTALLER LINK FOR P5K DELUXE WIFI.

01-02-2009

• THE P5KFamily.iso NOW SUPPORTS IDE DEVICES FOR INTALLATION;
  • UPDATED THE P5KFAMILY.ISO (NOW BASED IN THE ORIGINAL BOOT123 PROJETC ISO).

01-10-2009

• SLEEP GIVE-A-TRY FAILLED, BACK TO THE NON SLEEP SYSTEM (I REALLY DO NO USE IT THOUGH); :(
  • ADDED LINKS FOR SOME KEYBOARD LAYOUTS.

01-14-2009

• ADDED A NOTE (*NOTE 3) FOR P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP users;
  • ADVICE USERS TO USE S-ATA DVD DRIVE FOR INTALATION; :blink:
  • ADDED A FAQ.

01-27-2009

• ADDED SOME OTHER FAQ (DO NOT BLAME ME, YOU WOULDN´T BELIEVE HOW MANY PEOPLE ASK SUCH THINGS EVERY WEEK);
  • SPELL CHECK!.

02-1-2009

• ADDED A LINK FOR MOUSE LAG FIX;
  • ADDED A LINK FOR MARVEL ONBOARD LINK.

02-06-2009

• REMOVED DSDT PATCH NEED;
  • REMOVED THE NEED FOR DOWNLOADING THE 10.5.6 COMBO UPDATE, FOR OBVIUOUS REASONS; :P
  • UPDATED THE P5KFAMILY.ISO FOR BOOT COMPATIBILITY;
  • ADDED A VERSION HISTORY OF THE MAIN FILES;
  • ADDED SOME NEW FAQ.

02-22-2009

• ADDED THE "TIME MACHINE FIX" IN THE FAQ.

03-27-2009

• CHANGED THE "QUICKTIME FIX" LINK. :rolleyes:

05-14-2009

• UPDATED TO THE P5K-SE_10.5.7 VERSION WITH THE APPLEHDA FIX;
  • UPDATED THE TUTORIAL FOR THE NEW 10.5.7 UPDATE;
  • SPELL CHECK!;
  • ADDED SOME NEW FAQ AND UPDATED OTHER ONES.

05-15-2009

• UPDATED TO THE P5K-SE_10.5.7 VERSION WITH THE APPLEHDA FIX AND 5.1 CHANNEL ALC883 KEXT;
  • UPDATED THE TUTORIAL FOR THE NEW 10.5.7 UPDATE.

05-22-2009

• CHANGED THE NUMBER OS STEPS TO FOLLOW, AND ORDER;
  • RENAMED P5K-SE_10.5.7 TO P5K-Family_10.5.7 (IN FACT IT SUPPORTS MANY MOBOS NOW );
  • AUDIO INFORMATION IN THE SYSTEM PROFILER NOW DISPLAYS THE HD AUDIO INFO;
  • NO NEED FOR DOWNGRADING THE APPLEHDA.KEXT TO A 10.5.6 VERSION, VANILLA, YES!!!; :lol:
  • PS2 SUPPORT VIA VOODOO PS2 CONTROLLER (102 KEYS KEYBOARD ONLY);
  • UPDATED MOST OF THE DRIVERS FOR 10.5.7 COMPATIBILITY;
  • REMOVED "HDAEnabler" and "LegacyAppleHDAPlatformDriver"
  • SWITCHED TO VOODOOHDA AUDIO EXTENSION (SUPPORT FOR VARIOUS HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO DEVICES); :whistle:
  • ADDED KEXT DESCRIPTIONS AND CREDITS IN THE INSTALLER;
  • KEXTS HAVE BEEN COLORED TO BE FOUND EASILY IN EXTENSIONS FOLDER;
  • UPDATED THE FAQ.

08-08-2009

• CHANGED THE NUMBER OS STEPS TO FOLLOW, AND ORDER;
  • UPDATED VOODOOHDA.KEXT AND ADDED FRONT MIC SUPPORT;
  • ADDED A UPDATING FROM EXISTING INSTALLATION NOTICE;
  • UPDATED THE FAQ.

08-10-2009

• FIXED THE INSTALLER PERMISSIONS BUG, INSTALLER NOW WORKS.

VERSION HISTORY:

P5KFAMILY

• P5KFAMILY.ISO VERSION 0.1 (OCTOBER/2008) HAS BEEN DOWNLOADED 900 TIMES
  • P5KFAMILY.ISO VERSION 0.2 (DECEMBER/2008) HAS BEEN DOWNLOADED 480 TIMES
  • P5KFAMILY.ISO VERSION 0.3 (JANUARY/2009) HAS BEEN DOWNLOADED 1498 TIMES
  • P5KFAMILY.ISO IS CURRENTLY AT 0.4 VERSION

P5K_SE_10.5.6

• P5K_SE_10.5.6.PKG VERSION 0.1 (OCTOBER/2008) HAS BEEN DOWNLOADED 945 TIMES
  • P5K_SE_10.5.6.PKG VERSION 0.2 (DECEMBER/2008) HAS BEEN DOWNLOADED 710 TIMES
  • P5K_SE_10.5.6.PKG VERSION 0.3 (JANUARY/2009) HAS BEEN DOWNLOADED 3550 TIMES

P5K-Family_10.5.7

• P5K_SE_10.5.7.PKG VERSION 0.1 AND 0.2 (MAY/2009) HAS BEEN DOWNLOADED 250 TIMES
  • P5K-Family_10.5.7 VERSION 0.3 VERSION (MAY/2009) HAS BEEN DOWNLOADED 1935 TIMES

P5K-Family_10.5.8

• P5K-Family_10.5.8 0.1 VERSION (AUGUST/2009) HAS BEEN DOWNLOADED 235 TIMES

• P5K-Family_10.5.8 IS CURRENTLY AT 0.2 VERSION (AUGUST/2009)

ENJOY YOUR MAC OS X LEOPARD 10.5.8 ;) AND BUY AN ORIGINAL RETAIL COPY (link).

C YA!

BrasileiroABNT2.zip

P5KFamily.iso.zip

P5K_Family_10.5.8.zip

Edited by Jimmy Mallmann

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was trying Leo4all v2, but now I'll try to follow your howto.

My PC is very much yours, Jimmy (the details are on my sig, but the main difference is that I use IDE devices instead of SATA).

Since P5K-SE has only one IDE port, I've had to put both my HD and DVD drive on the same flat cable, and I think this is giving me all troubles I've got.

I've found some tips, but nothing worked. I've tried cpus=2 (for the Core 2 Duo) and cpus=1 (since I've readed that this was needed in some threads), and rd=disk0s2 seemed to give some result for the IDE problem, but the boot only stopped in other fase.

I wanna know wich flags you had to give on DVD startup.

I don't know if this solves your problem or helps you in any way, but you should know that when you connect a hard-drive and an optical drive to the same IDE cable you'll slow the HD down severely. Changing one of them to SATA should solve your case.

Peace, Mazuho

I don't know if this solves your problem or helps you in any way, but you should know that when you connect a hard-drive and an optical drive to the same IDE cable you'll slow the HD down severely. Changing one of them to SATA should solve your case.

Peace, Mazuho

I knew it, but I don't have much choice, since I have only one PATA port in my MoBo. But I don't think that the connection speed of the devices will interfer in the installation process. And I can't afford a SATA device, since I've spent almost all my money upgrading my PC :D

• 3 months later...

I'm having no luck getting ethernet working (10.5.2, p5k se).

Unfortunately, the link in this thread is no longer available(?!?):

The error returned was:

Sorry, some required files are missing, if you intended to view a topic, it's possible that it's been moved or deleted. Please go back and try again.

I've gotten the driver zip from post 307 of the main driver thread on this forum, and followed the instructions (basically, running sh installrelease.sh), but after rebooting, it is clearly not picking up the nic. No mention in system.log, nothing else present under ifconfig -a, and this of course is a known good working setup (under windows, ick).

Can someone point out to me please the location of the correct driver file, and confirm that it's as simple as I think it should be? I really don't know why this bit is so hard, as the OSX install went much more easily than I thought.

Any hlpe, advice and/or pointers would be really appreciated - thank you!

N...

Progress... Used a packaged version of the driver and it worked (instead of the kext, which seemed to be blocked by permissions issues despite sudo??).

Still have to install the video driver for my hd 2400 pro (found it though) so I can get VNC server to start, and track down my audio problems with the onboard system.

• 2 months later...

Check my signature, there is a link to a working ethernet driver (Attansic L1 Ethernet)

I'm having no luck getting ethernet working (10.5.2, p5k se).

Unfortunately, the link in this thread is no longer available(?!?):

I've gotten the driver zip from post 307 of the main driver thread on this forum, and followed the instructions (basically, running sh installrelease.sh), but after rebooting, it is clearly not picking up the nic. No mention in system.log, nothing else present under ifconfig -a, and this of course is a known good working setup (under windows, ick).

Can someone point out to me please the location of the correct driver file, and confirm that it's as simple as I think it should be? I really don't know why this bit is so hard, as the OSX install went much more easily than I thought.

Any hlpe, advice and/or pointers would be really appreciated - thank you!

N...

• 2 weeks later...

excuse me, mr jimmy, but what if you want to multiboot ur pc? i used to have kalyway 10.5.2 and manually updated that to 10.5.4 10.5.5 never seems to work right. im considering following your steps. my mac partition is in the second partition of my first hard disk.

well, in fact I do not multiboot, os x is the only os I use, ocasionaly I use parallels desktop to install a virtual machine, but you should try chain0 method, google it, there you may find your answer :P

excuse me, mr jimmy, but what if you want to multiboot ur pc? i used to have kalyway 10.5.2 and manually updated that to 10.5.4 10.5.5 never seems to work right. im considering following your steps. my mac partition is in the second partition of my first hard disk.

Hi Jimmy, I found your guide the best for P5K users like us to get the Retail Leopard working... but I still got problems with the boot, although I followed carefully your instructions!

I got video and audio working, and had no problems installing the kexts, but I found a very bizarre change: the hard disks were switched in Disk Utility and in the Boot Device Priority of the BIOS (so I cannot boot automatically but only pressing F8 and choosing my Leo hd; I tried to choose that hd as Startup Disk in the System Preferences, but no way of restarting, just an audio effect of error). By the way, I can't boot without the bootloader CD ASUSP5K.ISO and can't help typing -v -f at boot...

... this is the diagnostic message: "mDNSresponder: WARNING sandbox_init error: could not set Mach lookup policy for service com.apple.ocspd" (and the same message for com.apple.SecurityServer, com.apple.SystemConfiguration, etc.)

Can you help me please?

• 2 weeks later...

I used Boot 132 procedure trying to install Leopard.

My hardware configuration follow:

Motherboard: Asus P5K

CPU: Intel Q6600

Ram: 4GB Corsair DDR2

Video card: NVidia 8500

I used this one http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...st&p=870159 to boot the system...

The problem comes when I try to run Leopard install disc.

It appear a pop-up window saying "Mac OS X cannot be installed on this computer" and two buttons "Ok" and "Reboot".

If i choose "Ok" I can use Utility disk to erase the disk and so on.

I must say that I used Kalyway 1.5.2 and it run properly and work very very well.

It appear a pop-up window saying "Mac OS X cannot be installed on this computer" and two buttons "Ok" and "Reboot".

That message comes up if you are not using a retail disk, but are in fact using a restore disk that comes directly from Apple with a laptop. So you will need to find a retail disk.

Try updating your bios file, this have happened to me before...

Doesn't matter, everything went great thanks to your guide and I got a working Leo!!!

I found your guide the best to P5K users!

There are just 2 problems to fix: shutdown and firewire ports not working... how could you help me?

Thanks again

try this one from elastic, the one i use...

http://www.mediafire.com/?0g8v3pxntz4

then tell me if you succeed... :D

I used Boot 132 procedure trying to install Leopard.

My hardware configuration follow:

Motherboard: Asus P5K

CPU: Intel Q6600

Ram: 4GB Corsair DDR2

Video card: NVidia 8500

I used this one http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...st&p=870159 to boot the system...

If i choose "Ok" I can use Utility disk to erase the disk and so on.

I must say that I used Kalyway 1.5.2 and it run properly and work very very well.

Try updating your bios file, this have happened to me before...

I just updated my BIOS before installing Leo, no more than a month ago!

The older version didn't let me install properly any type of Hackintosh...

So you didn't use any type of fix or kext to get the shutdown working? and your firewire as well?

One thing I have noticed, when i shutdown the computer, i always turn off the energi, if I do not it will stay on...

I think the ICH9 chipset is the problem, other than that, it works very fine, and fast....

Firewire works fine here, using the vanilla kexts.. no patch... with the 10.5.5

Though I am having some probling installing the 10.5.6 update, it seams to be more trickier than i have thought...

I just updated my BIOS before installing Leo, no more than a month ago!

The older version didn't let me install properly any type of Hackintosh...

So you didn't use any type of fix or kext to get the shutdown working? and your firewire as well?

My PC work perfect. All, really all. No problems: my configuration is the same as in past (read about it in the first page of this thread)

I'll buy Mac OS X Leopard DVD for 129 euros and the keyboard with a mighty mouse.

Ah I updated to 10.5.6: no problems. And no problems with other software from my MacBook install DVD such as XCode.

It work fine and fast.

Good! For the 10.5.6 I had to use the v 9 pc EFI... The shutdown and sleep are better now though! :)

My PC work perfect. All, really all. No problems: my configuration is the same as in past (read about it in the first page of this thread)

I'll buy Mac OS X Leopard DVD for 129 euros and the keyboard with a mighty mouse.

Ah I updated to 10.5.6: no problems. And no problems with other software from my MacBook install DVD such as XCode.

It work fine and fast.