[HowTo] Intel 8xx 1280x800 Full Support

meddlingBanter

461 posts in this topic

1. get appleintelli830.kext and appleintelli915.kext and put them in a folder so you can work on them

2.open(by right clicking on the kext and picking show package contents)appleinteli915.kext

and go to contents-->macos-->appleintel1915

3.rename appleinteli915 to appleinteli830

4.open(by right clicking on the kext and picking show package contents)appleinteli830.kext

and go to contents-->macos and drag the renamed now appleinteli830 from the appleinteli915.kext

to the appleinteli830.kext-->contents-->macos folder and drop it in

copy over the one thats there

5.close it up and put it back in /system/library/extensions/ and let it overwrite the appleinteli830.kext in the directory

6.open a terminal and do this

Code

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/Appleintel830.kext

after you hit enter put this next

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/Appleintel830.kext

and thats it reboot and your done

hope thats alittle better :lol:

1. get appleintelli830.kext and appleintelli915.kext and put them in a folder so you can work on them

2.open(by right clicking on the kext and picking show package contents)appleinteli915.kext

4.open(by right clicking on the kext and picking show package contents)appleinteli830.kext

and go to contents-->macos and drag the renamed now appleinteli830 from the appleinteli915.kext

5.close it up and put it back in /system/library/extensions/ and let it overwrite the appleinteli830.kext in the directory

Code

hope thats alittle better  :lol:

Thanks a lot

a side note : i tried this on my ati aiw 9600 also but it was a waste of time so dont bother

alot of trem time and alot of renaming the 9700 drivers

and all i got was this at boot

cant allocate class "ATIRadeon9600"

i know i did it right cos when i get into osx i load the kext manualy thru the term and it says they load np

but i never get any support or even a kext is loaded in the system profiler

bla

I am now running the 'new' kext files; everythings looks oke, i can boot perfectly however no QE support.

Perhaps the trick works to other graphic cards, no luck over here (running the 855 GM intel graphic chipset).

I will try again soon,

I am now running the 'new' kext files; everythings looks oke, i can boot perfectly however no QE support. 

Perhaps the trick works to other graphic cards, no luck over here (running the 855 GM intel graphic chipset).

I will try again soon,

did you also edit the info.plitst files as show in the start of this thread?

i did at the same time i applied my fix

I was just able to get full 1280x800 resolution working on my laptop which uses the 830M/845G/852GM/855GM/865G Intel Integrated Graphics. 

What you need:

I've heard these files are on the Devel disc and they are also located in /System/Library/Extensions.  Some may have had to delete these files in safe mode just to get OS X booted normally like I did, so instead of deleting them I just saved them to the desktop.  Anyway once you have them copy both kext files to /System/Library/Extensions.  Located in each kext file (right click Show Package Contents) is a file called info.plist.  In each plist file go to the line that looks like this:

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

Below that replace whats in between <string></string> with 0x35828086.  You should only have to replace the first four digits in the AppleIntelIntegratedGraphics.kext file and then in the AppleInte830.kext file just delete the other two 8 digit hex numbers located within <string></string>.  One thing that should be noted, the four digits that you replace should correspond to your Graphics Card's Device ID.  You cand find this number by going to Apple>About This Mac>More Info>Graphics/Displays.  After your're done editing the two files save them and do a sudo chmod -R 755 and sudo chown -R root:wheel on both kext files.  I'm not sure if it matters but I deleted all other files that started with AppleIntel.  I'll try it later with those files in the Extensions directory.  Anyway, once you're done just reboot and you should be running 1280x800.  Adding the Graphics Mode boot option shouldn't be needed.

read this to know how to edit the fix for your chipset since i only have the device id for my chipset thats all i could make

Anyway once you have them copy both kext files to /System/Library/Extensions. Located in each kext file (right click Show Package Contents) is a file called info.plist. In each plist file go to the line that looks like this:

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

Below that replace whats in between <string></string> with 0x35828086.

One thing that should be noted, the four digits that you replace should correspond to your Graphics Card's Device ID. You cand find this number by going to Apple>About This Mac>More Info>Graphics/Displays.

read this to know how to edit the fix for your chipset since i only have the device id for my chipset thats all i could make

Anyway once you have them copy both kext files to /System/Library/Extensions.  Located in each kext file (right click Show Package Contents) is a file called info.plist.  In each plist file go to the line that looks like this:

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

Below that replace whats in between <string></string> with 0x35828086.

One thing that should be noted, the four digits that you replace should correspond to your Graphics Card's Device ID.  You cand find this number by going to Apple>About This Mac>More Info>Graphics/Displays.

don't suppose your fixes work for Intel 915.. do they?

don't suppose your fixes work for Intel 915.. do they?

you shouldnt need it with 915 do you?you have no support?

whats your device id?

oh btw

heres the relevent part of the xbench test for what were doing here

Quartz Graphics Test 79.02

Line 63.01 4.20 Klines/sec [50% alpha]

Rectangle 82.18 24.53 Krects/sec [50% alpha]

Circle 84.53 6.89 Kcircles/sec [50% alpha]

Bezier 82.84 2.09 Kbeziers/sec [50% alpha]

Text 88.22 5.52 Kchars/sec

OpenGL Graphics Test 137.03

Spinning Squares 137.03 173.83 frames/sec

User Interface Test 15.35

Elements 15.35 70.45 refresh/sec

darn,

doesn't work on my 855. It managed to log into osx86 however there no text or texture.

have anyone else got it working with 855 chipset (0x35828086)

cheers

open i830.kext and edit info.plist

look for <key>IOPCIMatch</key>

<string>0x25728086<string>

and change the string to <string>0x35828086<string>

then open appleintelintegratedgraphics.kext

and edit info.plist

save them both then set your premissions and wheel both files

then reboot

and they will be set for your chipset

and edit info.plist

then reboot

anyone with a diffrent chipset then 865 needs to edit there files as listed above

Although i can boot with the 830 driver (it gets loaded and doesn't halt the system) i don't seem to have QE support, even if i use the driver from the 915 kext. Thanks for the tip.

In case you couldn't find the files:

The AppleIntel915* & AppleIntelIntegrated* are from the DevDVD

The AppleIntel830* are from the Darwin-x86 install.

and change the string to <string>0xXXX8086<string>

and edit info.plist

and change the string to <string>0xXXXX8086<string>(xxx being your device id)-chipset id found in about this mac-more info-display/graphics

then reboot

Code

hope thats alittle better  ;)

damn i think that about covers it you should all be able to edit the files yourself with this info sry about the taking down the like to the file but DMAC and all

Although i can boot with the 830 driver (it gets loaded and doesn't halt the system) i don't seem to have QE support, even if i use the driver from the 915 kext. Thanks for the tip.

In case you couldn't find the files:

The AppleIntel915* & AppleIntelIntegrated* are from the DevDVD

The AppleIntel830* are from the Darwin-x86 install.

edit your info.plist files in the i830 and appelintelintegratedgrafics.kext to only your device id in the <string>deviceidwithnospaces<srting>

maybe its being picky wants a real intel mobo if your having problems getting these instrutions to work please post you info from system profiler/hardware and also system profiler/display/graphics

ill start

Hardware Overview:

Machine Name: Mac

Machine Model: ACPI

CPU Type: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU

Number Of CPUs: 1

CPU Speed: 2.99 GHz

L2 Cache (per CPU): 1 MB

Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled

CPU Features: FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36 CLFSH DS ACPI MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 SS HTT TM SSE3 MON DSCPL

Memory: 1 GB

Bus Speed: 800 MHz

Boot ROM Version: BF86510A.86A.0075.P24.0503071605 (Intel Corp.)

Display:

Type: VGA-Compatible Controller

Bus: Built-In

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x2572

Revision ID: 0x0002

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 60 Hz (i edited this to my max res the 60 refresh is best for my lcd

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Not Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

and if you have an intel mobo and its not work i would try a bios update to the most reacent one for your mobo on there site mine is up to date

I got 1280x800 working!! :@ all i had to do was plug in the extra monitor.. and fix everything up once it booted.. that way i got away from the blue screen... n then i just simply unplugged my monitor after i fixed everything....

now just to get quartz extreme!!

i have a 478/865 with ICI5 and it worked right out of the box QE that is (no core)

right on same setup as me ... but if everyone edits the files corectly and follews the intructions im sure it will work for them aswell

and can you please post you system specs and display/graphics info

it will help me make this ezer for other ppl