222 replies to this topic

lupo92

lupo92

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey,

I am fairly new to the scene but I've gotten alot of experience with this stuff in the past few days (Ive installed and messed around with like 5 distros in the past week).

Anyway, I was unable to get the driver working following the method suggested. So, I tried downloading the kext, and installing it with kext helper, which did the job of the using the terminal for me. That did not work either. (Keep in mind i tried this with Kalyway 10.5.2, Jas 10.4.8, and Leo4All v4.1 10.5.4)

Basically, when I did not have internet , well i didn't have internet. When i did have internet it the computer constantly froze on me. HOWEVER,

I just installed iPC 10.5.6 just to try it out. Guess what! It had the driver right there in the install dvd. So i selected it, and so far it has worked perfectly. I haven't had to do anything! No messing around with ethernets and rebooting. No freezing and I always have internet! So maybe some of you should try out that distro if your having trouble, just make sure to get the final edition, not the beta.

PS - You don't even have to unplug your computer :)

Thanks for making this driver!

Setup -

AMD Athlon 4200
3gb RAM
ATI Radeon 4850
Mobo - GA M59SLI-S5

EDIT:

I have attached the package! First thing to know, if you already have an nforcetethernet driver already installed this might not work but it all depends on your version of OSX. Second, after you installed the package, if it doesnt work right away go to network diagnostics and click ok to the message saying its detected the new ethernet ports. Give it a few minutes and you will have internet. Good luck!

Attached Files

gateway69

gateway69

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Anyone have the LAN: Marvell 88E1116 PHY Gigabit LAN featuring AI Net2 working with Snow Leopard? I have a p5n-e sli motherboard with nforce 6 chipset and this network chip on the mb.

Jojje

Jojje

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Please help me is there any driver for Realtek RTL8201?

Please Help! :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy