685 replies to this topic

gian.xt

gian.xt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

I can change resolution on my desktop's GMA950 GMA950

please can u tell me what is the program with the frog face? i have used that one to fix my screen res but i reinstalled the os!!! your help will be very apreciated...

ginosih

ginosih

omnikohh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
hi guys i'm in 5th days to solve my video resolution problem, i've 1366*768 on acer 6930g with nvidia geforce 9600m gt 512mb, after driver installation, i've only 1024*768, can you help me please????there is a possibility to modify kext to obtain 1366*768?pleaseee in about this mac ... more info my video card is ok but no qe/ci & no resolution :(

booger_sniffer5000

booger_sniffer5000

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts
  • Interests:OSx86 (duh)

please can u tell me what is the program with the frog face? i have used that one to fix my screen res but i reinstalled the os!!! your help will be very apreciated...

The program with the frog face is Taruga's patcher, its for audio, not video.

martisti

martisti

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Hi.

I've installed the driver for X2000 to use with Ati 3450 and they works but ONLY if I type -f in boot options.

Please can someone tell me why?Attached File  Picture_2.png   961.51KB   123 downloads

booger_sniffer5000

booger_sniffer5000

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts
  • Interests:OSx86 (duh)

Hi.

I've installed the driver for X2000 to use with Ati 3450 and they works but ONLY if I type -f in boot options.

Please can someone tell me why?Attached File  Picture_2.png   961.51KB   123 downloads

That doesn't belong in here, this is a thread for Intel graphics cards, not ATI cards. I can see where you would get confused about that though, they have similar number formats.

Ultimate222

Ultimate222

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
Is there now a Driver for the GMA950 released?

SPho3nix

SPho3nix

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Is there now a Driver for the GMA950 released?

I'd like to understand this too. This thread is very confusing, as there seem to by a myriad of different problems, and I don't know what everyone is trying to fix.

Right now, on 10.5.4, I can run an external monitor with my 950 at any resolution any color, but I cannot get my laptop screen to work. I would love to get dual monitor/laptop support so I can use this somewhere other than at my desk, but I don't know what solution proposed will help me do that.

Please help!

Thank you!

tim025

tim025

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
just made an tutorial step by step with a trick that could solve some people problem... you ALL can read an try...

http://forum.insanel...howtopic=142115

peralta

peralta

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Nevermind got webcam and gma3100 working look at my quick tutorial http://forum.insanel...showtopic=94821

HooKed

hi, i have the same machine but i cant make work the sound and the chicony web cam, i installed azalia ket, but it doesnt work, could you help me?

User_01

User_01

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

I'd like to understand this too. This thread is very confusing, as there seem to by a myriad of different problems, and I don't know what everyone is trying to fix.

Right now, on 10.5.4, I can run an external monitor with my 950 at any resolution any color, but I cannot get my laptop screen to work. I would love to get dual monitor/laptop support so I can use this somewhere other than at my desk, but I don't know what solution proposed will help me do that.

Please help!

Thank you!

First lets clear the thing why your lappy is working with an external monitor so fine...is 'cause is using the untouched vanilla (means the original and unmodified)... apple gma 950 kexts (means kernel extensions) ...this are like a driver... so u understand... and that means that apple has support for that chip ...and more... it means that real macs are using the same chip somewhere... and now comes the bad part...

Second... u can't use the laptop lcd... 'cause the kexts...are made to work with an external monitor... and the mac that uses that chip is the mac mini... so he needs an external monitor... that's why... (and 'cause u didn't select any driver for the video card when u installed leo...we'll come back to this...keep reading...!...)...

...but there's a catch if u take an old kext ...(old means...an old yersion of that kext...(u can see the ver. of the kext...if u right-click on it and select "get info")...that worked for that chip on "tiger"...without an issue...and...which is the most important in that group of those kexts...who are the "driver"...and installing it...you get an working driver...but with an issue...and that issue u don't have now with the external monitor...and its name is "ARTIFACTS"...or mouse tearing...(menas when u are running some programs u get some little squares on the screen...for a couple of seconds...and then they are disappearing...this is called...
"Working but some minor issues (mouse tearing)...!!!"...

And the final part...the driver for ur lappy...so u can use it elsewhere from your desktop... http://forum.insanel...o...=86609&st=0 ...here's the topic but i think the link is broken and it seems i can't get one right now...but tell me what distro DVD u used and i can tell u if u find the driver there...and i'll tell u how to extract it and install it...or did u use the retail method... Hope i responded ur questions...!...and best regards...!...

P.S.: i can send u the driver by e-mail if u want...need the e-mail address...

nebulOSX

nebulOSX

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Second... u can't use the laptop lcd... 'cause the kexts...are made to work with an external monitor... and the mac that uses that chip is the mac mini... so he needs an external monitor... that's why... (and 'cause u didn't select any driver for the video card when u installed leo...we'll come back to this...keep reading...!...)...

My Dads MacBook has a GMA950. That's not the reason why :D

User_01

User_01

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
The id of the chip is important too...(didn't want to get in details)...so i don't know if ur dads real mac has the same id of the gma 950 that most pc (laptops...!!!...i don't know for desktops) are using...this is the id... Vendor:Intel (0x8086)...Device ID:0x27a2...Revision ID:0x0003...and this chips from pcs no matter what the real shared memory have...hackintoshes will see only 64 mb...and guess what...is the real mac mini shared memoy...maybe ur macbook have the same shared memory...i don't know...but now u make me curious and i'll check again to see the id of the chip on a mac mini...'cause maybe u already know or not...that the gma 950 form most laptops is working WITHOUT any ISSUES with whatever leo ver. from 10.5 to 10.5.6...with an external monitor...!!!..., real mac kexts...vanilla..., 64 memory viewed by system profiler...the internal monitor is the issue talked in this topic...for laptops...anyway...and to see that i'm not talking {censored}...method TESTED...on sony vaio vgn-n38z/w...chip id see above...

timsa

timsa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello!
I have GMA950 on mobo D945GTP. All works properly, but i can not set non standard resolution - 1920x1080 (i have plasma).
It's can be done? How?

User_01

User_01

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
...by setting it manually in "com.apple.Boot.plist"...perhaps...try this...(noob way)...and don't check anything if u don't need to...and set ur desire resolution... http://forum.insanel...o...=138213&hl=

nebulOSX

nebulOSX

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

but now u make me curious and i'll check again to see the id of the chip on a mac mini...

I am pretty sure the mini has the same as the MacBooks, as it uses notebook parts (keeps size down). The desktops are the ones causing the problems as they are different revisions to the 950 that Apple uses. yeah, I need my "Device ID:0x2772 Revision ID:0x0002" desktop chip sorted :)

timsa

timsa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

...by setting it manually in "com.apple.Boot.plist"...perhaps...try this...(noob way)...and don't check anything if u don't need to...and set ur desire resolution... http://forum.insanel...o...=138213&hl=

i set key "Graphics Mode" with value "1920x1080x32@60" in "com.apple.Boot.plist" and have nothing.

User_01

User_01

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

i set key "Graphics Mode" with value "1920x1080x32@60" in "com.apple.Boot.plist" and have nothing.

Come on...man...!...DO SOME SEARCH...OR LOOK ON THE BOX OF THE MOBO...!!!...i know plasma is great and all...but what the f*** is got to do with the video card...it's shows what the card it "tells" it to show not the way around...no matter if u want something just 'cause u want it to...i did the search for u...and the link too...
1.5.1.1 Intel GMA950 Graphics Controller
The Intel GMA950 graphics controller features the following:
400 MHz core frequency
High performance 3-D setup and render engine
High quality texture engine
⎯ DX9* Compliant Hardware Pixel Shader 2.0
⎯ Alpha and luminance maps
⎯ Texture color-keying/chroma-keying
⎯ Cubic environment reflection mapping
⎯ Enhanced texture blending functions
3D Graphics Rendering enhancements
⎯ 1.3 Dual Texture GigaPixel/Sec Fill Rate
⎯ 16 and 32 bit color
⎯ Maximum 3D supported resolution of 1600 x 1200 x 32 at 85 Hz...HERE...!!!!!!!!!!
⎯ Vertex cache
⎯ Anti-aliased lines
⎯ OpenGL* version 1.4 support with vertex buffer and EXT_Shadow extensions
2D Graphics enhancements
⎯ 8, 16,and 32 bit color
⎯ Optimized 256-bit BLT engine
⎯ Color space conversion
⎯ Anti-aliased lines
http://www.intel.com...b/CS-029368.htm

timsa

timsa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Come on...man...!...DO SOME SEARCH...OR LOOK ON THE BOX OF THE MOBO...!!!...i know plasma is great and all...but what the f*** is got to do with the video card...it's shows what the card it "tells" it to show not the way around...no matter if u want something just 'cause u want it to...i did the search for u...and the link too...
1.5.1.1 Intel GMA950 Graphics Controller
The Intel GMA950 graphics controller features the following:
⎯ Maximum 3D supported resolution of 1600 x 1200 x 32 at 85 Hz...HERE...!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.intel.com...b/CS-029368.htm

http://www.intel.com...950/?iid=SEARCH
Advanced Display Capability
Up to 2048x1536 resolution for both analog and digital displays
Consumer Electronic display (Digital TV) support
Display hot plug support to automatically detect new display connection while system is operating (CRT and DVI)
Two Serial Digital Video Out (SDVO) ports for flat-panel monitors and/or TV-out support via Advanced Digital Display 2 (ADD2) cards or Media Expansion Cards
Intel Media Expansion Cards available providing TV-out and PVR capability
Multiple display types (LVDS, DVI-I, DVI-D, HDTV, TV-out, CRT)
Dual screen support through ADD2 digital video devices
HDTV 480i/p, 576i/p, 720i/p and 1080i/p display resolution support
Interlaced Display output support
16x9 and 16x10 Aspect Ratio for widescreen displays
2x2 Panel Scaler

or in your link on the next page

User_01

User_01

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
...man...u clearly don't get the point...!!!Up to!!! 2048x1536 resolution for both analog and digital displays...means...like in general...not for all the chipsets...desktops...in this case...supports that resolution...now be patient and read the specs on that pdf for your mobo and u'll see that u can't get that res. from your chip no matter how hard u try..."load" windows or a live cd linux os...with proper diver for the chip...and tell me if u get that res. or close to that...and i'll officialy declar myself "defeated"...and this matter...'til then i'll look for ur response...c'ya...

eject

eject

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Hello!
I have GMA950 on mobo D945GTP. All works properly, but i can not set non standard resolution - 1920x1080 (i have plasma).
It's can be done? How?

try another cable, yes it sounds rediculous but that worked for my 16:10 display. (currently i'm using an dvi output card for the gma950 so it is not important anymore) when im using the vga out it was up to the cable i used if the Displays menue in the system preferences would offer me only standard 4:3 options or all options. the monitor brand ect would have not been recognized by osx with some cables.

sounds like wichcraft to me but that has solved my issues with 16:10 on vga port with gma950

...man...u clearly don't get the point...!!!Up to!!! 2048x1536 resolution for both analog and digital displays...means...like in general...not for all the chipsets...desktops...in this case...supports that resolution...now be patient and read the specs on that pdf for your mobo and u'll see that u can't get that res. from your chip no matter how hard u try..."load" windows or a live cd linux os...with proper diver for the chip...and tell me if u get that res. or close to that...and i'll officialy declar myself "defeated"...and this matter...'til then i'll look for ur response...c'ya...

i'don't know if i get the point, but i have to add something

i also have a gma950 desktop thingy

Hersteller: Intel (0x8086)
Gerte-ID: 0x2772
Versions-ID: 0x0002

with the old framebuffer and kexts i get qe/ci and res change up to 1920*1200@60Hz (and the obvious mouse tearing of course, but it only really annoys when using office 2008, everthing else is fine) thats the highest it can offer me, perhaps because it reads out my monitor. however, it won't boot with this settings, the maximum it will boot with is 1600*1200 even if i set the flag in the boot.plist, the apple is shown squeezed, not beeing in 16:10, as soon the desktop is loaded, the moitor flicks and the correct 1920*1200 displays.

it just ignores the values in the plist

but to this topic, simply forget about any other solution then the old framebuffer in gma950 desktops.

it's all there will ever be

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy