• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

waradmin

waradmin

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

So many gray areas only adds to the confusion, One version upgrade or fresh, all features, suitable price install simple as that. Sounds like Leopard to me, maybe the next version of Windows Microsoft may actually get it right and stop the madness.

I doubt it, never put too much faith into them. Roll back to Windows 1.0 for a few months then go back to vista. That is the only thing one can do to make vista feel like a worthwhile OS.

aboldinu

aboldinu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

So many gray areas only adds to the confusion, One version upgrade or fresh, all features, suitable price install simple as that. Sounds like Leopard to me, maybe the next version of Windows Microsoft may actually get it right and stop the madness.

I agree Apple have made it simpler but It's not like they won't recoup their losses for offering a stand alone-cheap operating system in hardware seals.

I don't think Vista's variants are too hard to understand if you read a little :).

waradmin

waradmin

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

I don't think Vista's variants are too hard to understand if you read a little :wacko:.

The variants are, however unnecessary.

Bxfresh01

Bxfresh01

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
They're both the same OS's, they're built off of their respective predecessors, the reason that Vista looks like it's a completely different OS is because MS has such a long gap in between releases, it gives the general public the illusion that it's been built from scratch. Updates in OS X are much more frequent hence the changes much more subtle; compare Mac OS X 10.0 to 10.5 and the changes will be much more evident.

aboldinu

aboldinu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

The variants are, however unnecessary.

They are if Microsoft want to make money..Apple don't have the same problem IMO as they don't rely on sales of Leopard to gain revenue.

REVENGE

REVENGE

Made of Win

• Retired Developers
  • 684 posts
lol @ fanbois

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy