The Next Mac Cat?

djet

118 posts in this topic

Sure, Apple can keep up with the cat names, but maybe not. Like someone else said, they could just skip OSX 10.6-10.9 and jump straight into OSXI, in which some other breed of animal will be used. I'm going for "OSXI 11.0.1 Falcon".

Sure, Apple can keep up with the cat names, but maybe not. Like someone else said, they could just skip OSX 10.6-10.9 and jump straight into OSXI, in which some other breed of animal will be used. I'm going for "OSXI 11.0.1 Falcon".

I don't know man. I really doubt that they'll release OS 11 so soon. If they did, it probably wouldn't be too different from OS X, it wouldn't really be OS 11 at all. I see OS X being around for a while, theres no need for a major rewrite or anything.

The Cougar wont be because it is sort of puma.

Genus Panthera:

-Lion (Panthera leo) EMPTY ;)

-Jaguar (Panthera onca) USED

-Leopard (Panthera pardus) USED

-Tiger (Panthera tigris) USED

LION MUST BE !!!!

To whoever said OSXI won't really be OSXI because it'll be too similar to OSX, you should really rethink that. From what I hear, people don't seem to like Vista's changes because they seem to be changes simply for the sake of change. Most of Apple's changes are much deeper in the kernel so looks isn't everything. I mean, all the OSX 10.x.x revisions seem to look pretty much the same to me. OSXI will probably carry on with a very similar look to OSX. Either that or they'll pull a Vista and change the whole look of the Mac OS just for the sake of change, cuz' we all know how well that works.

To whoever said OSXI won't really be OSXI because it'll be too similar to OSX, you should really rethink that. From what I hear, people don't seem to like Vista's changes because they seem to be changes simply for the sake of change. Most of Apple's changes are much deeper in the kernel so looks isn't everything. I mean, all the OSX 10.x.x revisions seem to look pretty much the same to me. OSXI will probably carry on with a very similar look to OSX. Either that or they'll pull a Vista and change the whole look of the Mac OS just for the sake of change, cuz' we all know how well that works.

Yea but knowing Apple, it'll look {censored} awesome. You know I'm right.

• 3 weeks later...

Lynx is the only name that sounds halfway decent.

Cougar is a term for an older woman that only has sex with younger men. And I could never get that out of my head each time I booted up my system....

The Cougar wont be because it is sort of puma.

Genus Panthera:

-Lion (Panthera leo) EMPTY :P

-Jaguar (Panthera onca) USED

-Leopard (Panthera pardus) USED

-Tiger (Panthera tigris) USED

LION MUST BE !!!!

uhm, no. apple has used "puma" (10.1), so they're not sticking strictly to genus panthera.

• 2 weeks later...
Perhaps... Caracal.

I second that!! Caracal all the way! Ocelot's not so bad either.

If I recall correctly, aren't cougars, pumas, and panthers the same animal? Apple could go with Cougar since they already used Puma and Panther, so I don't see why not.

Seeing as how there are only four big cats and Apple has used all but one, Lion would be a pretty plausible choice as well.

But come on, there are zillions of cats out there. How about using the caracal and ocelot's relatives like:

OS X Serval or

OS X Margay

Anyways, I still think OS XI is just around the corner, but whatever.

• 4 weeks later...