^I did that, but it only actually let's me uncheck 4 of the boxes

Meowy

Meowy

InsanelyPurry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

^I did that, but it only actually let's me uncheck 4 of the boxes

Try Archive and Install instead of Upgrade.

Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

I think my problem is that I'm missing the english.pkg file ;)
Does anyone have it? Can someone upload it? I need it to continue the install without an error I think.

Thanks!

Yes, I think it is normal. English is built in in OSX, you have to install it.
It's not an external package, tha's why you cannot see an 'english.pkg'

@rathalos: when you say 'burn it in Tiger', do you mean on a Mac-version of Tiger, or a Hackintosh version is good as well?

Meowy

Meowy

InsanelyPurry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Yes, I think it is normal. English is built in in OSX, you have to install it.
It's not an external package, tha's why you cannot see an 'english.pkg'

@rathalos: when you say 'burn it in Tiger', do you mean on a Mac-version of Tiger, or a Hackintosh version is good as well?

Hack Tiger should be fine. Tiger is needed because in Pre-release versions of Leo, burning was broke.

Sabr

Sabr

Well, it was fun while it lasted.

• Retired
  • 3,883 posts
Sorry if this has been asked before - but this guide can be followed in order to cut down a patched Leopard version made to run on PC's, right?

Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Hack Tiger should be fine. Tiger is needed because in Pre-release versions of Leo, burning was broke.

In fact, I don't have problems in the burning process, I cannot get the introduction installer message...
I don't know what else I can try. Tomorrow, I will buy a DL ;-)

Meowy

Meowy

InsanelyPurry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Sorry if this has been asked before - but this guide can be followed in order to cut down a patched Leopard version made to run on PC's, right?

This is for Macs, but if you have a hacked version for PCs, you should be able to cut out the same stuff.

BYOB

BYOB

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
can you use a PC to do this also... I got some screwy 'base system' could not be validated error. I don't know if it's because my G5 won't recognize a dual layer CD, or if it's because I burnt leopard on a pc using PowerISO.... I just need some help

balla

balla

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I think I've found the solution to the problem!
When you see the error, go to the Window menu, then click Installation Log. It will tell you the missing packages needed. Mine was Asian Text Support.

Thank you!!!
I think you can't remove that file ...
I'm burning a new DVD with that file and I'll try again ...

olli82

olli82

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

You need to click the Customize button before installing and uncheck all of the boxxes you can when installing.

I deleted Xcode, all languages except english and german and I deleted all printer drivers.

ThenItried to uncheck X11 in the setup but it doesn't work - I can't uncheck it.
I deleted all languages with Monolingual in tiger before I tried to install leopard. Thelanguages areunchecked - no problem here.

But what about X11? I deleted it in tiger (by drag&drop into trash) but I'm not able to uncheck it in the setup.Ionlygetthe"missingfiles"-messageinsteadofanrunningsetup...

cogsinister

cogsinister

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
After trashing all my DVD-R discs, i decided to bite the bullet and buy a DL DVD.......burned the DMG file to it with disc utility, and the resulting DVD worked first time....

Now running Leopard.......

marcooleo

marcooleo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hmm, i burned the burn.sparseimage.dmg but OS X cannot recognice the DVD afterwards

Meowy

Meowy

InsanelyPurry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

I deleted Xcode, all languages except english and german and I deleted all printer drivers.

Then I tried to uncheck X11 in the setup but it doesn't work - I can't uncheck it.
I deleted all languages with Monolingual in tiger before I tried to install leopard. The languages are unchecked - no problem here.

But what about X11? I deleted it in tiger (by drag&drop into trash) but I'm not able to uncheck it in the setup. I only get the "missing files"-message instead of an running setup...

You don't need to uncheck X11 if you didn't delete X11User.pkg.

You need to have the languages if you are upgrading from Tiger. I was able to do an Archive & Install without needing any of the languages.

olli82

olli82

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
The solution for my problem: A quick view in the installation log told me that I need to restore the asianlanguage-package in my leopard-disc cause it's needed (no idea why, but ok). Further I had to delete X11 completely in tiger (drag&drop the app into trash wasn't enough), so I was able to uncheck X11, too.

lorcheselin

lorcheselin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I've burned a DVD DL on my MBP but my G5 Dual1.8 can not read it... does the Pioneer 107D read Dual layer DVDs?.

stevepm

stevepm

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
hey, after you complete up to burnging the first image, can you just burn that to a DL DVD? whats the benefit of a SL dvd?

Meowy

Meowy

InsanelyPurry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

hey, after you complete up to burnging the first image, can you just burn that to a DL DVD? whats the benefit of a SL dvd?

DL = Dual Layer <----- can hold twice the amount of data of SL
SL = Single Layer

If you have DL DVDs and a DL burner then don't slim it down, you can just burn and install normally.

b8ino

b8ino

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
Stupid question, if I install Leo downloaded upgrading from Tiger, would I be able to upgrade it (like 10.5.1) in the future?

Meowy

Meowy

InsanelyPurry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Stupid question, if I install Leo downloaded upgrading from Tiger, would I be able to upgrade it (like 10.5.1) in the future?

Yes, if it's the GM 9a581 build.

Onixs

Onixs

Since 2007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
is there a way to disable from the package the PRINTER and X11 by default?
so that everytime we install it, we dont have to uncheck those options mention above.

thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy