[HOW TO] ATI Radeon HD2600 Series for Hackintosh

exodus_xt

283 posts in this topic

Hi guys.

Thanks for the info.

My HD2600 Pro is working with DVI now.

But there is some problem.

When watching youtube movie, the movie will only play for 2 secs and then stop.

When watching quicktime movie, quicktime react very slowly.

The DVD player is not working.

Do you guys have such problems?

P.S. I tried installing other drivers, now the display driver is messed, booted into safe mode.

Any suggestion on uninstall the driver then reinstall?

Thank you in advance for help.

Regards,

Lego

Hi, I have tried everything with my GeCube hd2600 pro AGP ID9587. nothing seems to work at the moment.

I used the kext's from lastExile's post and natit from #RadeonHD irc channel.

When i boot into leopard the display just show lots of garbage. it will boot only in safe mode.

even with agpgart only installed to recognize the agp bus it stills give me the same result.

is there anything i can do to get it working??

BTW my card has DVI out only.

Hi, I have tried everything with my GeCube hd2600 pro AGP ID9587. nothing seems to work at the moment.

I used the kext's from lastExile's post and natit from #RadeonHD irc channel.

When i boot into leopard the display just show lots of garbage. it will boot only in safe mode.

even with agpgart only installed to recognize the agp bus it stills give me the same result.

is there anything i can do to get it working??

BTW my card has DVI out only.

Have you tired using a DVI to VGA adapter?

Regards,

Lego

Dont use these drivers!

They don't work! Theres no definite links for downloads, you don't know what do get because theres like 3 different links for 1 thing.

I've tried this TWICE, both with no success following instructions from people! After I 'install' these drivers, all that happens is after the grey Apple logo, the monitor will go into crazy colors, change its resolution, and go to a blue screen with my cursor. THATS ALL! Now I can't even get there, it just stops at the Apple logo. So if you have Leopard don't use this.

Have you tired using a DVI to VGA adapter?

Regards,

Lego

Yes it might sound funny but the only thing i get is a different kind of garbage. :)

I've also notice it only recognizes 256mb from the card's 512mb.

Okay. So what are exactly the kexts that needs to be installed for the HD2600 pro AGP cards out there with ID9587

This is what i have tried so far

AGPgart+Natit, and the kext's from lastExile with my device id in appleRedeonHDx2000.kext

It didn't work with or without the DVI2VGA adapter.

Is there anything i am missing here? Does anyone else's having the same proplems?

Dont use these drivers!They don't work! Theres no definite links for downloads, you don't know what do get because theres like 3 different links for 1 thing.I've tried this TWICE, both with no success following instructions from people! After I 'install' these drivers, all that happens is after the grey Apple logo, the monitor will go into crazy colors, change its resolution, and go to a blue screen with my cursor. THATS ALL! Now I can't even get there, it just stops at the Apple logo. So if you have Leopard don't use this.

:P :P :P sorry, but for me, all is ok...

more info :

system : Kaliway Leopard 10.5.1

mainboard : asus p5k

cpu : core2 quadram : 2 gb kingston

and video card : asus EAH2600PRO 256 mb ddr2/htdp

can someone confirm that it works ?????

for me, it works very well but i'm now installing a 8800 GTX... :D

sorry for you... :(

i have forgoten a small thing... :)

if you don't allocate a password in your account, permissions.command seem to work azardous... :wacko:

hope this will help someone (specialy drumthrasher109...) :angel:

drumthrasher109 : if you look for my first post in this thread, you will see that there is a link...

it seems that you haven't seen it...

download the REAL files and after, you can speak...

sorry,but, my goal is to help you, not to make you waste time... :blush:

post-17498-1202148205_thumb.jpg

:P :P :P sorry, but for me, all is ok...

more info :

for me, it works very well but i'm now installing a 8800 GTX... :)

sorry for you... :(

i have forgoten a small thing... :thumbsup_anim:

if you don't allocate a password in your account, permissions.command seem to work azardous... :whistle:

hope this will help someone (specialy drumthrasher109...) :dance_24:

drumthrasher109 : if you look for my first post in this thread, you will see that there is a link...

sorry,but, my goal is to help you, not to make you waste time... :hysterical:

Thanks for your info.

By the way, do you have the issues i encountered when working with DVI?

hello legolee, ;) ;) ;)

NO, for me, all is ok...

i had one problem a week ago, when i was encoding video with visualHub, that blocked every 5 minutes, and i must reboot... :censored2:

but i have found the problem : a dimm ram was out of order...

after testing Kaliway for a month, i can tell that all is stable, and powerfull...

i have tested 3 different video card : 7600 gt (the best perf/price for me...), hd2600, and now 8800 gtx...

those 3 video card are stable, and if you don't take care about speed (for me 8800gtx,7600 gtand the powerless hd 2600...),

they are quite the same : start computer and work...

i'm using this computer for Safari,Maya 3d, itunes, illustrator and visualhub...

my son, use this computer ONLY for looking his video (like Pixar films, action films...i have about 160 movies on this computer...) and he haven't encountred any problem at this day...

we are now far away the first time i have installed osx86 for the first time, and we progressed, one with the others... ;)

for first, be sure that your osx86 Leopard is not a bag of s*it... :blink:

for all release of osx86 there are a few of them who left the batch (Jas 10.4.8, brazilian method for 10.5...) and for me Kaliway is the best road to heaven... :angel:

all guys, put your iatkos into the trash and find the best finished system : Kaliway 10.5.1... this is the first step... -_-

:D:D:D sorry, but for me, all is ok...

more info :

for me, it works very well but i'm now installing a 8800 GTX... :D

sorry for you... :D

i have forgoten a small thing... :angel:

if you don't allocate a password in your account, permissions.command seem to work azardous... :D

hope this will help someone (specialy drumthrasher109...) :D

sorry,but, my goal is to help you, not to make you waste time... :)

Ok I will try your method, AFTER I reinstall Tiger/Leopard...again.

s*it !!!!!

drumthrasher109, when you start with -v ???? is there a pb with the video kexts ??? :D

don't replace the .gld file, for testing (this file is bound at the video memory)

really, on my board if i don't put this file, i have all blank menus...

after that i don't understand... :blink: :blink: :blink:

the gld file is ATIRadeonX2000GLDriver.bundle wich has been modded for my 256 mb hd 2600 board...

the -v stuff is the verbose mode.

when your computer is starting, just before Darwin bootloader, push the F8 key

select your startup part (with up/down key on kbd)

and type : -v and enter.

it will start in verbose mode and show you the step by step start of osx, with the problems...

the gld file is ATIRadeonX2000GLDriver.bundle wich has been modded for my 256 mb hd 2600 board...

the -v stuff is the verbose mode.

when your computer is starting, just before Darwin bootloader, push the F8 key

select your startup part (with up/down key on kbd)

and type : -v and enter.

it will start in verbose mode and show you the step by step start of osx, with the problems...

I know how to get into it, I was just wondering what -v means. Anyway, I did that, same {censored}. I seen no gld file in there. WHY DOES THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN WITH THESE DRIVERS?!??

I couldn't tell you, BECAUSE THIS DOESNT :unsure: WORK!

oh, but it DOES, I can attest! Did a Kalyway install (over an existing partition), applied all the patches linked from this thread, deleted my old natitx1600.kext and it fired right up with the new hd2600XT card on DVI, haven't tested dual monitors yet, will do tonight!

i've told it...

if i can only have your board in my hand drum.... :wacko:

mine is WELL WORKING WITH THIS METHOD...

rollOver, is your hd2600 a 256 Mb or 512 Mb board ???

I bought the HIS 512 GDDR3 version with the iceIII passive cooler, because I have two fairly large flat screens I want to drive with it. There was a $15 rebate which made it about the same price as the 256 cards so I bit. The id is one digit removed from the ones posted here (last digit 8 instead of 9) not sure if that is significant or not.

It's running about 55º C so I am concerned that the GPU is running too hot. I replaced the paste and a shadow of the ATI etch was burned into the heatsink on one side so I don't think it was evenly applied. I also put much more paste around the tubes that run to the back of the card as it looked pretty skimpy before. This got me to the 55º down about 10º from where it was. I am going to add a fan over the slots tonight to see if that makes any difference.

The red pixes over dark areas of videos and the red scramble lines are making me very nervous! :D

Yeah its working now.

leopard regonises agp bus all the full 512mb of the card.

DVI, no gliches, video playback, everything works like a charm :thumbsdown_anim:

For those with the ATI HD 2600 PRO AGP with id 9587 this is what you need to do.

Download and install triakis form the #RADEONHD channel on irc.osx86.hu (first link only)

Download and install the LastExile kexts patched with the card devide id

Delete cache.mkext from the library folders.

DO NOT repair permissions, reboot the system first.

By now you should have CE/QI enabled

Repair permissions and enjoy :)