9a499 first thoughts?

kevnaca

51 posts in this topic

Mine is downloaded, but Ramm scared me off the install after reporting that it erased his HDD. Hopefully he'll elaborate and we'll see if this was a special case, or a risk for everyone.

I haven't used any crack yet, it's the installer's fault, the dialog which tells you to change disks freezes

That appears to be a non reproducible problem. My installation works perfectly; however the "certain crack" does not run. Let's just say having a shared drive and a Tiger computer is handy, at that point...

I finally have it. I'm still in the process of taking everything in but what I do notice immediately is that it does feel snappier than 9a466. I'm running it off an external hard drive so it's not the same as the internal drive speed wise but it feels like Tiger. I'll probably have a full review tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for the replies.

Is Archive+Install really 100% broken? Or is is it still usable? I have 400GB of files I can't back up...

I used archive and install and it seems to have worked fine. During the process however i repartitioned my network drive and now i keep getting a message whenever the finder is launched that a network volume (that i changed the name on) fails to mount. It's got something to do with either the airport extreme software or time machine. not sure which. And the newly partitioned volumes mount just fine. Wierd. Other than that it seems to run great. Haven't tried installing CS3 yet but the cracks i'm using won't launch under Leopard. I have to boot into Tiger to launch and apply them.

Has anybody else noticed that when you first boot up the stacks aren't visible? Just the labels show up initially and then the folders show after i click them.

I should add that none of the repartitioning was done during the archive and install. I did that before installing. Anyone know if there's a preference i can delete to get it to stop looking for this nonexistent volume?

Is Quicklook working with iWork now? And are the bugs in iWork fixed? 466 has some graphic glitches in the dock too.

No preview for Keynote/Pages files, nor Quicklook. Google Earth still not working, skype is fine. Filemaker still broken (8.5, I hope in 9.0). Application Enhancer works, The Bad APE doesn't. Photoshop CS3 runs fine.

Nobody noticed that Mail can do RSS now? Or maybe I missed it in the last builds?

• 2 weeks later...

Geez i suck! sorry but I got overwhelmed with other priorities this summer, more important ones. Well there isn't anything too new from this build anyways. I don't even use is it often, it's soo buggy and unstable. Yes, :) I dropped the ball on this one,

i dont know if anyone else has this problem, but i'm running 9a499 and i cannot get my external HD, to wich i backed up all my data before installing leopard, to run, it just wont show up in the finder, on my macbook running tiger, it does come up, and on windows it does as well... anyone knows of this and knows of a workaround? i need that data xD

i dont know if anyone else has this problem, but i'm running 9a499 and i cannot get my external HD, to wich i backed up all my data before installing leopard, to run, it just wont show up in the finder, on my macbook running tiger, it does come up, and on windows it does as well... anyone knows of this and knows of a workaround? i need that data xD

I know that the ohci/ehci part of usb is buggy in 9a499, so play with IOUSBFamily, try the Tiger one

can try that, but i thought i'd just mount the drive on my macbook, and copy the data there, and then copy em through a crosstalk cable to the leopard mac, i dont really know how that iousbfamily stuff works, kind of a newb in that matter i just downloaded leopard to see how it looks, and since i dont really use that mac for anything else but music storage it was the perfect testing machine..

EDIT: that completely messed up USB now... keyboard and mouse wont even work...

i usually have to mount them for it to show up :)

it does that automatically when you insert the disk in the usb port... disk utility didnt see it either, i have re-installed leopard now, since that iousbfamily thing thrashed my entire usb..

it does that automatically when you insert the disk in the usb port... disk utility didnt see it either, i have re-installed leopard now, since that iousbfamily thing thrashed my entire usb..

not in leopard it doesnt, my firewire drive doesnt mount, same drive mounts in tiger