BlueAvenue

BlueAvenue

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:Computers,Cats
My graphics card is in my signature.

When i istalled Jas 10.4.4 , the only custom things i checked were the 4 which had AMD in the title.
I don't know which one it is, but one of them is the magic elixir for obtaining QE/CI.
On the other hand, i have easily installed 10.4.7,10.4.9, and 10.4.10 but none of them enabled QE/CI.
It is just nonsense to run Mac OS X without QE/CI enabled. You can't do {censored} with a dvd unless
QE/CI are there.

Guest: Ramm_*

Guest: Ramm_*
  • Guests
Ah, yes, I guess I should pay more attention.

This is what the wiki says about your card (256mb):

Using JaS 10.4.8 DVD works 1024x768 only out of box. Can get full resolution/refresh rate control panel with Callisto drivers, but must edit ATIRadeon9700GA.plugin (replace IONDRVFramebuffer by CallistoFB) to get QE/CI working.

Conflictingly, on the right, it says it used Titan, and Natit was not tested. So, try either Callisto or Titan.

wanamino

wanamino

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Interests:Operating Systems, fps games, cuisine, cinema and friends....and a lot more computer, jejejeje
yeah, works great with my laptop, very fast, and all the hardware is correctly working..but i dunno how to get working the cool & quiet, any hint?
Thanks Tubgirl, great work, very clean

wanamino

wanamino

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Interests:Operating Systems, fps games, cuisine, cinema and friends....and a lot more computer, jejejeje
second opinion, at the 1st try, i can't install the server packages included in the 10.4.7 server dvd, says something like "sistem incompatible" or similar...gonna try a workaround

feriso

feriso

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
Ramm - reburnt the dvd in mAac and it works fine now - even shows and reads the sata HD I have - great. I bought a 250gb ide drive to install on but I migh reinstall on a 300gb sata if it'll be worthwhile?

StealthMode

StealthMode

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Installed onto my SATA drive straight off the DVD, booted up fine. Initially I installed with the NV40 package but I couldn't boot all the way, it would stop at the login window or something, so I reinstalled without that package and it booted right up. I can see all my SATA and NTFS partitions, but I can't write to them... Any ideas? Uphuck 1.3 I was able to write no problems. I have the nForce4 Ultra chipset.

StealthMode

StealthMode

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
N/m, got it working. best install thus far! I was having problems with it locking up once in awhile, so I turned my o/c down and sure enough, no more lockups. :blink:

mperovic

mperovic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
I have strange problem with my Club3D X1600 Video card. With uphuck's 10.4.9 evertything works great, but after tubgirl's update system shows message about having some problems with loading ATI kext file, and system stays in standard 1024x768 resolution without QE/CI support. After that I'm reinstall Diabolik X1600 and after restart GUI is completely frozen. Any sugestions?

My computer:
CPU: Athlon64 AM2 3000+
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-M55Plus-S3G
Memory: 2GB Dual channel
Video: Club3D X1600Pro
Sound: Realtek ALC882
HDD: ATA 160GB, SATA 250GB

CoolBits

CoolBits

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
You shouldnt mix different releases... this thread is about tubgirl 10.4.10 AMD release DVD... use this one.

telarmago

telarmago

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

N/m, got it working. best install thus far! I was having problems with it locking up once in awhile, so I turned my o/c down and sure enough, no more lockups. :)

How'd you get it to work?

StealthMode

StealthMode

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
The not locking up, or the install overall?
The locking up came from being overclocked I think, in XP it was always fine, but I imagine there is less room for error with OSX, especially these beta builds and such, so I put my cpu back down to factory speeds and I have not locked up since.
I used the driver HERE for NTFS, and the macvidia drive for my 6800GS, and the broadcom script to enable my wireless card.

The install went without a hitch as long as I didn't install the NV40 package, and booted right into the OS setup after the reboot. All in all, this release is excellent!

My specs:
AMD A64 3200+
DFI Ultra nForce4 w/onboard sound - worked out of the box
Buffalo WLI12 G545 (Broadcom 4306) - works with the broadcom enabler script
nVidia 6800GS - macvidia driver
NEC DVD-RW
WD 120gb SATA
WD 250gb SATA

mperovic

mperovic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

You shouldnt mix different releases... this thread is about tubgirl 10.4.10 AMD release DVD... use this one.

Same thing happens when I have clean tubgirl installation.

telarmago

telarmago

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

The not locking up, or the install overall? The locking up came from being overclocked I think, in XP it was always fine, but I imagine there is less room for error with OSX, especially these beta builds and such, so I put my cpu back down to factory speeds and I have not locked up since. I used the driver HERE for NTFS, and the macvidia drive for my 6800GS, and the broadcom script to enable my wireless card. The install went without a hitch as long as I didn't install the NV40 package, and booted right into the OS setup after the reboot. All in all, this release is excellent!My specs:AMD A64 3200+DFI Ultra nForce4 w/onboard sound - worked out of the boxBuffalo WLI12 G545 (Broadcom 4306) - works with the broadcom enabler scriptnVidia 6800GS - macvidia driverNEC DVD-RWWD 120gb SATAWD 250gb SATA

Thanks, I was wondering how you got the install over all to work. I think I may have misunderstood you when you said "couldn't write to my SATA and NTFS drives". So you got OSX to work, just you couldn't edit your NTFS drives? I thought you meant you couldn't install to the SATA drive, hence couldn't install OSX.BTW Stealth, I might also PM you later if my install doesn't work out. I have almost the exact same specs as you.

telarmago

telarmago

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Installing. First time around, the installation ended, saying there were errors during the install. I'm now trying a second time, this time without the ATI X1900XT part.

Installing with everything unchecked (except the core of course)

telarmago

telarmago

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
VMWare successful, but can't get it form VMWare to Native. Burning to DVD now.

I would suggest not installing any of the optional stuff at the bottom. My installation failed when I checked the ATI X1900 one, and Stealth had trouble at the Login Screen when he checked the NV40 one.

joe75

joe75

Renegade

• Retired
  • 2,286 posts
Another great release.. everything running good, thanks Tubgirl ;)

Ritz Carltn

Ritz Carltn

Ritz Carltn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Interests:HP EliteBook 8540p,i7-820QM, 68CVD Ver F.0F, nVidia NVS5100M, ML with Clover
great!!

telarmago

telarmago

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
DVD doesn't boot for me. Stuck at still finding root device.

ximu

ximu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Everything works except nForce4 SATA/ATA Raid and Reboot don't work which previously known issues. Stable and faster than JaS or other releases.

fabriciom

fabriciom

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
No go on Opteron 170.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy