73 replies to this topic

wito aja

wito aja

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
CONFIRMED !!!!
Worked well in BenQ S61 with the 20th pin taping...

Before, it couldn't work at all, windows and mac recognized it, windows asked for a driver and then that's all, no network, no wireless list, nothing at all... in mac it was recognized as Airport Extreme, but I couldn't turn it on at all...

Once the 20th pin has been taped, it's fully working in windows and Mac... but instead of an always-on LED, i've got an always-off LED... but it's okay...

THANKS FOR THIS THREAD!!!

at last, my spending on ebay is not useless....

wito aja

wito aja

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
ups i think i misunderstood the method here...

what i did was i covered both side of the 20th pin... so it's like pin 20 n pin 19, or pin 20 n pin 21...

hmmm i wonder if it has any side effect, i'm still using it and downloaded almost a gigs with this method...

later, i'll get off the tape on the odd pin (whether it's 21st or 19th)...

olinboy1

olinboy1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
would you mind showing an image of where exactly the tape SHOULD be on the card once you fix your issue wito aja? I have an HP dv5220us with a 1390 mini pci-e card I would like to try the trick with.

Thanks

funnypanks

funnypanks

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
guys i installed iatkos and bcrm4311 extension and ionetworking and io80211 all load yet i still cannot see my wireless card. does everyone have bcrm4311 loading?

and olinboy look at previous page, there is already a pic.

olinboy1

olinboy1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

and olinboy look at previous page, there is already a pic.

Thanks funnypanks, I have seen that photo before. I'm just wondering if I am supposed to tape that pin on both sides of the card (front and back) or just on the side that is shown in the photo, or maybe just the opposite side?

Just looking for some final clarification really. I tried taping mine the other day and I don't think I did it correctly. Nothing gained in OSX, and spotty performance in windows with both front and back pin 20 taped. Unless my tape job was bad :(

kocoman

kocoman

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
I have the same problem but its with Bluetooth on Aspire 3620. the bluetooth led and bluetooth works in windows running "Acer Launch manager", but its not 'powered' while in OSX ...

EnVmyZ

EnVmyZ

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
Any more development on this guys? Acer 5570Z user and just want my wireless and ethernet to work.

5570Z
iATKOS (10.5.1)
EFI_PC

Thanks
Chris

Latras

Latras

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hey guys, just received my Broadcom 4311 card today and installed osx- i came across a strange problem:

On my first boot I was able to get wireless. (but the airport icon shows no connection..) But after the first reboot the connection disappears and it says 'Airport Not Configured'. How strange!

System Info shows OS X recognizes my card- the display shows the card type, locale, firmware version but last and not least the last line says Airport is currently turned off... :)

I tried changing the networkpinfo by replacing en0 with en1 in text editor. But the system changes back to en0 after reboot. I am pretty new to this, what should I do to make this work? Do I need to repair permission after editng the netowrkpinfo file?

Hopefully I can hear from you guys soon! btw I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop.

Well I have the same isue.
The very first time I installed the MAcosx 10.4.8 I had wireless disabled in the bios, so during installation process there were no networks detected.
Next time I reinstalled MacOSX, I enabled wireless in the bios and during the installation process (with the registratiion, locales etc.) wireless detects the wireless network and displays ESSID. But right after loading a desktop of Mac OS X, wireless icon in the tray states: "Airport is not configured".
It seems to me that macosx assumes that the wifi is not turned on phisicaly the computer itself. I have not seen any real macbook in my life, so I do not no if it has a phisical wireles on/off button/switch.

So I hope somebody can handle this issue and we will be able to get rid of WinBill's.
Cheers

BTW, I have
HP DV8100CTO
Radeon express m200
SATA 100GB
AMD Turion 64 Ml-34
Broadcom 4311

funnypanks

funnypanks

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Well I have the same isue.
The very first time I installed the MAcosx 10.4.8 I had wireless disabled in the bios, so during installation process there were no networks detected.
Next time I reinstalled MacOSX, I enabled wireless in the bios and during the installation process (with the registratiion, locales etc.) wireless detects the wireless network and displays ESSID. But right after loading a desktop of Mac OS X, wireless icon in the tray states: "Airport is not configured".
It seems to me that macosx assumes that the wifi is not turned on phisicaly the computer itself. I have not seen any real macbook in my life, so I do not no if it has a phisical wireles on/off button/switch.

So I hope somebody can handle this issue and we will be able to get rid of WinBill's.
Cheers

BTW, I have
HP DV8100CTO
Radeon express m200
SATA 100GB
AMD Turion 64 Ml-34
Broadcom 4311

ur problem has nothing to do with the issue discussed in this thread. and it has been answered many times. read around.

funnypanks

funnypanks

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
this has recently been solved thanks to chun nan using the kext found in this thread
http://forum.insanel...showtopic=87592

should work with mini pci-e versions acer 3680/5570/5570z/5580

applehacker

applehacker

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
im sorry to say that that doesn't work at all.

quinielascom

quinielascom

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
Some info, may be good or bad, but here is.

Push at same time Airport Icon + Button Enable/Disable wifi or hold Button Wifi then click Airport icon.

This work for me in my AcerMac Aspire 4320.

PD. If this work for you please post it.

homer007

homer007

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
follow my signature guys it works!!!

applehacker

applehacker

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
still a no go for me :smoke:

psxtc

psxtc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
My bcm4311 is running! Dont know if it works cause of this package because I installed it without anything worked. So I taped Pin20 and now it runs very well and stabel at the moment!

darbid

darbid

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
This topic has been sleeping for a while. This Acer Kill switch is something I have been searching for. Has anyone solved it?

applehacker

applehacker

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
compaq c500 series still dead here.....

r0987

r0987

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
Yarrix's tip on taping pins 11 and 13 works on an Atheros AR5BMB5 mini-PCI wireless card. I no longer have to mess with the on/off switch! Thanks for the tip Yarrix.

For those who are absolutely unable to follow the discussion in this topic here is what the pins look like.

Attached File  AR5BMB5pins.jpg   68.02KB   403 downloads

The main and aux antennae plugs should be facing upwards. The first two pins from the left should be taped over.

TheDynamo

TheDynamo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

It's the one on the opposite side of the one in red (if you flip the card over. there's a pin labeled 18, it's right beside it). sorry don't have a cam on hand to take a picture of the back side.

By the way, tried the fix. Works in Windows, i.e. the switch on my laptop doesn't do anything + LED stays on. In Mac OS, no light, still nothing detected in network prefs or system profiler.
Posted Image

OMG - it actually works - i cant believe it! Finally working wifi on my Hackintosh - my baby is now complete!

Cheers folks

kocoman

kocoman

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
Pin 20 is called W_DISABLE# Wireless disable (active low)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy