Hacking Leopard GUI

SCARECR0W

225 posts in this topic

I need help with 9a499, in 9a466 when you opened a stack which contain a folder and clicked in it, then the folder opened in the stack. Now on 9a499, it opens the folder in the finder, does anyone know or think how this behaviour can be reverted? I loved the old way

Bumping this post for justice!

make a blank application with a blank icon :wallbash:

hahah loveee that, just droppin my two cents, i think the new dock looks much better then the tiger one, but i only got tiger recently so i guess i haven't gotten as used to it as some of you guys, the only thing i would want to see is the icons looking more 3d because the look that apple was going for was that the dock looks like a 3d table going backwards into the screen, but the icons look somehow like flat peices of paper just standing up on this 3d table, by the way to everyone, very nice dock editing, some of them look very amazing

hahah loveee that, just droppin my two cents, i think the new dock looks much better then the tiger one, but i only got tiger recently so i guess i haven't gotten as used to it as some of you guys, the only thing i would want to see is the icons looking more 3d because the look that apple was going for was that the dock looks like a 3d table going backwards into the screen, but the icons look somehow like flat peices of paper just standing up on this 3d table, by the way to everyone, very nice dock editing, some of them look very amazing

i cant tell if u were being sarcastic, that my stupidity is so stupid its funny, but hey, i not the gui person anyway lol :)

Speaking of "flat icons", that is what is turning me off cover flow in Finder. Icons are designed to look "sorta 3D". Album covers are usually flat pieces of paper, so it looks fine to see them at an odd angle. An icon however, looks really strange when treated as a 2-d image.

Here is an example using the standard component icon. Can you put a cube on it's diagonal and have it look like this?

post-47946-1186342317_thumb.png

i cant tell if u were being sarcastic, that my stupidity is so stupid its funny, but hey, i not the gui person anyway lol ;)

O no i meant i love your ingeniutiy, sorry if you thought something otherwise but i love clever stuff like that

Speaking of "flat icons", that is what is turning me off cover flow in Finder. Icons are designed to look "sorta 3D". Album covers are usually flat pieces of paper, so it looks fine to see them at an odd angle. An icon however, looks really strange when treated as a 2-d image.

Here is an example using the standard component icon. Can you put a cube on it's diagonal and have it look like this?

Yea but then they should change the engine of cover flow for 3dish icons, i don't know exactly if its just a skew or actual 3d tilting but for the icons they should use real 3d, i think for the pictures they use skewing to acheive the effect

hi all

i'm running leopard 9a499 and the background don't change. indicator and frontline changed but not background (scurve.png). i changed scurve.png as indicate but can't see any changes for the background.

if anyone can help it will be nice

regards

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Does anyone know how to change the login window background (in the Desktop Pictures folder it's called Aurora)? What are they thinking of? Has Apple been taken over by Scientology?
Try Changing the DefaultDesktop.jpg in /System/Library/CoreServices/

Hope it works...

This Dock customizing is so cool!

post-137026-1191117734_thumb.png

You have to "kill" the Dock before any changes take place. This can be done by typing in terminal:
killall Dock

yea i did that too still no change.
There you go.The first thing to do of course is to back up the whole Dock.app and then drop the pics there and replace them.
and i used these files, can anyone check and confirm if these files work properly?

yea i did that too still no change.and i used these files, can anyone check and confirm if these files work properly?

Take many copies of that scurve-l.png and name them:

scurve-l.png, scurve-xl.png, scurve-m.png and scurve-sm.png

Copy all those files to the Resources folder and then that killall Dock, if that will help

• 2 weeks later...

Hello People

Like most of you out there I think leo's Dock needs some tweaking.

Of course I read everything about changing the pictures.

But does somebody know how to reduce the shadow that outlines the top of every icon in this Dock.

It's wayyy too much. I found some of you like to put a black BG to make it less obvious

but is there a tweak for that one hidden somewhere?

Thanks a lot!

Here is my version of the one somebody dont want to share..

picture1iv1.png

Shot at 2007-07-10

Download

I like it. Especially since you aren't a prick about not sharing like some people here. Ramm, it's just photoshop a$$hole, don't quit your day job.

hi all

does someone knows where i can find graphics of "time machine 3D dock" ? (the one with 'cancel', 'date', 'restore'). i can't find.

thanks

laurent

Those look suspiciously vector to me. So I doubt they're there.