Dr. Hurt

508 posts in this topic

minfui

after install, hang at the rotating gear icon,

restart using -v

stop at "using 2621 buffer headers and 2621 cluster IO buffer headers"

even success installed 10.4.7

please help !!

same problem as minfui. When i boot whith -v, there no erros, but it freeze at :

using 3932 buffer headers and 3932 cluster IO buffer headers

please help me!

• 2 months later...
I installed just fine, but after booting all I get is either a blinking cursor, or the text "System config file '/com.apple.Boot.plist' not found". Anybody else got this? How can I get past that?

Im getting the :D same problem... help... ive put a boot flag from the gparted cd but still doesnt work....

• 5 months later...

So I installed uphuck 1.3. My problem is after installed it and the boot screen comes up to choose between Windows or Mac. I can hit enter on mac but it doesn't do anything. I actually have it installed on the 2nd partition so I don't know if its an issue. I have read your suppose to install it on the main partition. Anyone have any thoughts?

My specs are Intel Core duo, 2gb ram, SSE 2, SSE 3.

10.4.9 got me so upset I stomped on the disk and broke it into several splinters and then melted the bits.

But now 10.4.11 is doin the same thing.. it is locking the fook up during the verbose part of the booting, at "LoginWindow" - Even after doing the extra "Repair Disk Permissions" step XxX put into his instruction manual.

I am about ready to try THIS one again, the the error I was getting before, was simply cos I did not format the drive as Fat32 and then doing a "Volume Partition" using Disk Utility-- I had been formatting the whole drive, instead of just the partition so the damn boot sector was not being copied over correctly. Gr.

The crappy thing is, I had 10.4.11 actually starting up and letting me in to the OS, even though I was booting by sticking the DVD in the drive and ejecting it right at the point you press F8.

So, now I guess I'll try 10.4.9 again and I'll bust up my 10.4.11 disk this time!

This has got me so frustrated I'm about to melt all the OSx86 DVDs I burnt, and Zero-Write the partition on my HD where I saved the disk images!

• 1 month later...

i try to install it on an old pc (but i have v 1.3)

i check my cpu have sse2

install is ok

but when boot stop it and don't work... what's wrong?

thanks

update...

i started in -v mode

and stop at

using 1966 buffer headers and cluster IO buffer header

maybe i try with another hd?