WTF is up with the personal attacks?

54 posts in this topic

Ok that's either me or Kiko, or me and Kiko, Ban kiko, ban Kiko! just look at his first post here. The boy can't help himself. I on the other hand will learn to be nice®.

I find it hard to believe. Kiko might be a bit "naughty", but hardly offensive.

As to you, you are out of the question (heck, you are even in my friends' list) :thumbsup_anim:

What are you talking about you idiot, you always make stupid posts just to get your post number up. What personal attacks? ;)

I see them all the time, do you mean in this section (feedback) or the whole forum?

And im sorry, i dont think your a idiot

this was clearly a joke. if we had a vote on who to ban, we would all be kicked out in no time

I find it hard to believe. Kiko might be a bit "naughty", but hardly offensive.

As to you, you are out of the question (heck, you are even in my friends' list) :(

Alessandro17 my buddi list buddy just for you I will stop my "ban Kiko" protest but only if Kiko admits he has a problem? :P

(once again, joking,,, just to make things clear)

this was clearly a joke. if we had a vote on who to ban, we would all be kicked out in no time

I was clearly joking too... and did notice kiko's :P .

I thought my childish "Ban Kiko, ban Kiko!" would have given it away but it may begin to worry me how none of you noticed that...... ;)

BTW I added an icon on the top of the other post to just help clarify it was a JOKE.

But yeah we need to have a notification system where maybe we all discuss or even vote (which may or may not work out). But I just want to say that if this voting system does come into place I lend the idea to you all on the condition that I am immune to it's powers. You can't touch me.

I think if we do vote on something like that, it should carry the weight of one or two moderator votes (since the mods/admins should vote on who to ban). That way, we don't go into mob rule of the boards.

A vote system would be good, but not one which we can see (as people would vote just for the heck of it). Maybe like the mode warning system in place, but the votes dont count towards that, its a separate poll, and 10 strikes counts to one on the warning level

EDIT: Ok, call me stupid, but i just realised that " A Nonny Moose" is "A Nonny Moose" for some absurd and retarded reason Moose always appeared as Mouse to me, so before 2 minutes ago, you were always A Nonny Mouse not a Moose

/endrandompieceofinformation

But yeah we need to have a notification system where maybe we all discuss or even vote (which may or may not work out). But I just want to say that if this voting system does come into place I lend the idea to you all on the condition that I am immune to it's powers. You can't touch me.

Wait. Are you talking about a voting system for banning people? Forgive me if I'm wrong and that is not even remotely close to what you were talking about, but a voting system would definitely not work. Members who want someone banned will vote for them, even for the wrong reasons. The results would most probably be biased figures. That's why you have specially picked people like us (the mods / admins) to do the job properly.

- Sabr. ;)

Ok edit my idea above to not make them count to a mod warning, but it will serve as a helpful reminder to the mods i think, sort of like us managing ourselves, but not having any power just being able to point out problem users (only mods will be able to see the votes as well)

What about using the minimal small report button if you have anything in mind that is offensive.

There will always be conflicts and personal attacks... thats why there are mods here in the first place.

Wait. Are you talking about a voting system for banning people? Forgive me if I'm wrong and that is not even remotely close to what you were talking about, but a voting system would definitely not work. Members who want someone banned will vote for them, even for the wrong reasons. The results would most probably be biased figures. That's why you have specially picked people like us (the mods / admins) to do the job properly.

- Sabr. ;)

I didn't actually mean the vote is final but it should give an indication as to how much of a problem someone is. But I guess in an ideal world where everyone votes with fairness that would work. Here that would be a little difficult. For example the guy may have stopped being a pain but when it comes to voting time we still vote him out.

One idea could be staff only vote as they are more likely to be fair but well then you have to balance whether the community would be ok with that. I think I would be. But if a voting system did go in place maybe there should be more than one vote held a month or so apart so that a trend is found. Also if this was to happen the member in question should know they are on the verge of being banned so that they change their ways. Also they don't necessarily need to be banned permanently. Why not for 2 weeks or a month. That might teach them something.

But i have to say some here have said this forum is a little to relaxed and I would much rather prefer than than to strict. I know I may only feel this way being I haven't really encountered anyone (major) that has annoyed me (for a long time now) and if a member started calling me names it might change but I do like the feeling of a fairly forgiving forum.

- Sabr. ;)

That's why such a thing should only carry one moderator vote. That way the other mods vote it down yet we still get the feeling of being involved in hte big decisions.

At the end of the day guys, if you can present proper evidence as to why someone should be banned, we'll review it over, and judge it ourselves. That's the way it has always been, and I think it's going to stay that way since I don't feel there is a problem with it.

Still, don't feel that your posts are worthless. If you think there are ways to improve the things we do around here, we want to know about it. Don't go unheard. :)

- Sb.

I've seen forums in which another voting mod was put in place, but they tend to slow the site down and cause other problems.

And you might not realize it, but you can already rank a member by going into their profile. If lot of people rank a member poorly, people will realize that the person isn't very helpful.

And you might not realize it, but you can already rank a member by going into their profile. If lot of people rank a member poorly, people will realize that the person isn't very helpful.

The ranking system in this forum is pointless. We do nothing with it and so it means nothing. No one even looks at it. That's the last system I would use to point out an abusive member.

The ranking system in this forum is pointless. We do nothing with it and so it means nothing. No one even looks at it. That's the last system I would use to point out an abusive member.

The only real flaw is that no one uses it. If people would start using it then the system would be effective. Any other system that could be implemented would also be pointless if no one uses it. I do agree that the ranking system is pretty much ignored though.

The only real flaw is that no one uses it. If people would start using it then the system would be effective. Any other system that could be implemented would also be pointless if no one uses it. I do agree that the ranking system is pretty much ignored though.

Perhaps the rank should be displayed in the users post profile (the information down the left-hand side of a users post)? That way, more people would be thinking about keeping it up...

- Sb.

It's ignored because most don't see any point in ranking anyone because nothing really happens with it. There's no point in you ranking me high or low when at the end of the day no one else really cares. It just doesn't have any value on this site and that's the problem with it. If it did then ranking someone low would hit them a little. Right now if someone ranked me low it would just give me something to laugh about.

Perhaps the rank should be displayed in the users post profile (the information down the left-hand side of a users post)? That way, more people would be thinking about keeping it up...

- Sb.

Now that would make the society more aware of it and it will slowly start to be just as important (if not more) than the number of posts someone has posted. I do think though one major problem with the ranking is that it doesn't tell you how many people have ranked you to get your average. SO it could be one person who's given you 1* which mean nothing compared to 100 people giving you 1*. Now that would make people notice.

As with everything in life there is a down side which is member may become unhappy and embarrassed to find out that they have been ranked low. It might urge them to improve or just push them away.

Now that would make the society more aware of it and it will slowly start to be just as important (if not more) than the number of posts someone has posted. I do think though one major problem with the ranking is that it doesn't tell you how many people have ranked you to get your average. SO it could be one person who's given you 1* which mean nothing compared to 100 people giving you 1*. Now that would make people notice.

As with everything in life there is a down side which is member may become unhappy and embarrassed to find out that they have been ranked low. It might urge them to improve or just push them away.

Well, they're things that would be fixed if need be.

But then there's another problem. People can just give a positive vote for the wrong reasons too. What's going to stop someone registering under another account to increase their rank? And then you'll get other people who think they're more important because they have a higher rank (which is not neccessarily true). There's lots that need to be thought about here.

I do think though one major problem with the ranking is that it doesn't tell you how many people have ranked you to get your average. SO it could be one person who's given you 1* which mean nothing compared to 100 people giving you 1*. .

Exactly. I had a 1* ranking. Then I realized that it came just from one person, most likely a M$ zealot.

Some kind of evaluation given by (all) moderators could make more sense, though.

I've been frequenting the forum for about a year and I've got zero stars...

guess I'm not appreciated 'round these parts... :hysterical:

That pobably means that nobody has bothered to vote for you.

As it has already been said, very few people use this feature.