WTF is up with the personal attacks?

54 posts in this topic

What's going to stop someone registering under another account to increase their rank? And then you'll get other people who think they're more important because they have a higher rank (which is not neccessarily true).

From what I recall, doesnt Invision Powerboard come with an IP tracing feature? Because I'm registered in another forum, and they also use IPB, and members who are double registered are clearly caught, because every post that everyone posts has their IP shown on top of the post...however this is only viewable by the administrators, and not to everyone else.

I personally fully agree with your first option Sabre, which was having the ranking system placed right in the users post profile. This is what the actual Apple Discussions forums use...and It is very benefitial, so I think it would do of great help here too. :wacko:

From what I recall, doesnt Invision Powerboard come with an IP tracing feature? Because I'm registered in another forum, and they also use IPB, and members who are double registered are clearly caught, because every post that everyone posts has their IP shown on top of the post...however this is only viewable by the administrators, and not to everyone else.

Not sure. But changing your IP or going through a Proxy server isn't exactly a hard thing to do. :)

I personally fully agree with your first option Sabre, which was having the ranking system placed right in the users post profile. This is what the actual Apple Discussions forums use...and It is very benefitial, so I think it would do of great help here too. :P

Yeah, I think it would work pretty good. The only problem is that people could abuse it.

- Sb.