Experience(s) installing Adobe Creative Suite 3 ie. Design Premium, Production Standard, Master Collection etc. ?

edcom

36 posts in this topic

i isntalled cs3 design suite .. it went fine ..

but when i try to run the program .. it gives me 2 options .. serial or 30 day trial ...

ONCE in click 30 day trial and CLICK NEXT .. i get "error : quit unexpectedly" ,...i cant believe my eyes ,

i tried reinstalling everything again but that did not help either ..

i really wanna get it running .. anyone with the solutions ?

PLEASE @@@

I installed Web Premium Volume and with or without serial it doesn't work. All apps crash unexpectedly. I have a Impiron 6000 with a Radeon x300 and a Pentuim M 1.6GHz (SSE2) running 10.4.8 JaS (with the PPF patch) and koverg + callisto for graphics support (1280x800 with CI and Quartz.) I t7ough maybe it was a problem with SSE2. Strangely enough, the Photoshop CS3 Beta worked fine for me....

Same here, crashes after loading.

It's pretty weird because it works for a friend that has the Inspiron 6400 and pretty much the exact same installation as me.

I tried disabling everything that loads at startup and it's definitely not linked to 3rd party software.

Maybe a kext? meh, not sure.

installed and patched, everything worked fine, the icons sucks, performance is much superior to previous version, much "automatized options" "tutorials" and that things i dont liked that, i like more the flash 8 of macromedia (in my opinion) but runs smoothly and consume more ram (like every new version of adobe) nice interface i dont tryed yet new functions, i hope this be useful, bye.

Guardian

and it was the cs3 design, i really dont know why all u has problems maybe im lucky check the video driver

Same here, crashes after loading.

It's pretty weird because it works for a friend that has the Inspiron 6400 and pretty much the exact same installation as me.

I tried disabling everything that loads at startup and it's definitely not linked to 3rd party software.

Maybe a kext? meh, not sure.

I have the exact same problem, every CS3 app just crashes before displaying the app's splash screen.

I don't suppose anyone knows what's causing this? It works fine of my desktop, but crashes on my laptop.

The two machines I have are running 10.4.9 and the installation was fine, its only after installing and trying to run Photoshop CS3 (for example) that it crashes with an unexpected error a few seconds after executing.

Update: Bridge, Acrobat and Distiller worked fine I just realised.

After looking at the various discussions here (maybe they should all be merged?) I found a 'crack' that's 29.27 MB on the Green Demon... and now everything works!

The two machines I have are running 10.4.9 and the installation was fine, its only after installing and trying to run Photoshop CS3 (for example) that it crashes with an unexpected error a few seconds after executing.

Update: Bridge, Acrobat and Distiller worked fine I just realised.

After looking at the various discussions here (maybe they should all be merged?) I found a 'crack' that's 29.27 MB on the Green Demon... and now everything works!

The crack is good, but it's pointless when the VLC keys are supposed to bypass the need for one.

I'm thinking it's do with kext or framework differences between certain installations, so I'll be doing some testing tomorrow to see if it 'is' that, otherwise I'm totally stumped.

i used the 29 mb patch from the first install never had a problem, try it, do it now! to end discussion and start to talk about new features and performance of it

Guardian

Hi, where can i find this crack you all talk about? I've tried in the Green D but they say public registrations are closed now. I tried to use the one with the drop zone but only worked for the acrobat professional. Can you post the file here? can you send it to my email? I've looked everywhere and nothing seems to work for mi mac.

However the carck collection for windows worked fine although i think there's no crack for foreworks cs3 yet; at least i couldn't find one.

If you can help me i'd be highly greatfull,

Thanks in advanced,

Juan

p.d. in case is useful i have a iMac Core 2 Duo 2GB RAM Mac OSX 10.4.9. I installed both the osx and adobe cs3 v9 (build 3481) in english.

Ok, I installed this on a Pentium D AsRock 775i945GZ MB witha Radeon x1650 card and 1GB memory. It installed fine, but still crashed just like on the Inspiron Pentium M SSE2 5412MB ram ATI x300 graphics laptop. Both of these machines were able to run Bridge and Flash Video Encoder, but the others crashed. Both machines had Mac OS installed with JaS 10.4.8 SSE2/SSE3 Reseed with the PPF applied. If anyone can figure out why the unhacked versions work, that would be great. I originally thought it was because of SSE2/SSE3 issues, but that ended up not being the case. I know this has caused problems before, but it may be related to SMBIOS or whatever it was called. I remember realign where someone was having issues with it in the JaS release and replacing it helped a lot of strange problems with crashing and whatnot.

EDIT: I figured out the problem!! It was the AppleSMBIOS extension. I replaced mine with the one linked below and repaired permissions and everything runs like a charm now. Photoshop CS3 Extended opens in like 5-10seconds. Its amazingly fast!

AppleSMBIOS: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...rt=#entry255659

@ Nickhamm:

Man, your post helped me very very much. THANK YOU :-)

I took several CS3 Suite Versions and ended up in crashin´.

Through to your hint with the .kext everything is running as expected.

greetz.... knobsi

Ok, I installed this on a Pentium D AsRock 775i945GZ MB witha Radeon x1650 card and 1GB memory. It installed fine, but still crashed just like on the Inspiron Pentium M SSE2 5412MB ram ATI x300 graphics laptop. Both of these machines were able to run Bridge and Flash Video Encoder, but the others crashed. Both machines had Mac OS installed with JaS 10.4.8 SSE2/SSE3 Reseed with the PPF applied. If anyone can figure out why the unhacked versions work, that would be great. I originally thought it was because of SSE2/SSE3 issues, but that ended up not being the case. I know this has caused problems before, but it may be related to SMBIOS or whatever it was called. I remember realign where someone was having issues with it in the JaS release and replacing it helped a lot of strange problems with crashing and whatnot.

EDIT: I figured out the problem!! It was the AppleSMBIOS extension. I replaced mine with the one linked below and repaired permissions and everything runs like a charm now. Photoshop CS3 Extended opens in like 5-10seconds. Its amazingly fast!

AppleSMBIOS: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...rt=#entry255659

Awesome. THe AppleSMBios was the problem here too! Replaced it with the attached and the volume version works like a charm, no unexpectant quits when starting CS3 apps. How on earth did you figure that out and what is AppleSMBios anyway?

thanks a million.

CS3 Web Design Premium on MBP 2.33Ghz 3GB ram and 10.4.9

Everything went well (phew! it took a long time to install). All apps pop open so much faster and run smoother than previous versions ever did.

• 2 weeks later...