ALPS Glidepad Driver (2 finger scroll etc...)

92 posts in this topic

This worked amazingly well. I'm glad I found this. Thanks alot! It's a little touchy at times, but with the update of sensitivity options, it's easy to get it working. Also, at times the cursor will freeze, but usually only if you're pressing down too hard, atleast on my pad. Two-finger scrolling works very well, rarely does it mess up for me, and by messing up I mean the scrollbar will freak out and go up and down like I'm scrolling up and down really fast, which I'm not. Tapping works, and the only problem that I sometimes get is the mouse ever so often stopping.

Thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...

Can you disable tap-to-click in this version? The RC1 I have running works great except when I'm typing and I accidently hit the trackpad, it makes my cursor jump to the mouse's position. Disabling it in system prefs doesn't do anything

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings,

I really want to get it right. However, FFScroll Pref Panel if not working, even remove all related files and re-install, doesn't work. However, I think I could just amend the plist directly, however, I need to know the values and the meaning of the specifications. Anyone could help?

For example, what's minDragAssumedTime? What is horizontalScrollingThreshold? etc... Need to know those before I could optimise the setting for my mousepad.

Thanks.

Matthew

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I thank you for your efforts but this driver is a complete mess on my vaio.

problems.

it won't scroll correctly.

keeps locking up

my keyboard is acting completely erratic

when i try to scroll it only scrolls halfway down a page (if you're lucky)

FF scroll won't load

when you release your second finger it stays in two finger mode. (This is not how the mac works.) it disables the second i lift your second finger.

I have been able to resolve some of the jittery problems myself with other installs but this is by far is the worst so far.

and whats up with FF Scrolle? how do i get it to load again?

• 3 weeks later...

I think you should change your package! My touchpad now works with scrolling by removing the everything but the PS2.kext. once I followed the removal instructions everything works great! thanks this was one thing that really bugged me about having Mac on my laptop. Now if the 3495 Wireless gets fixed ever we will have fully functioning HackedMacs :) thank you again.

Last question did you modify any kexts or just use the one from the 10.5.2 update?

Hi all, I was working on the alps source-code to implement native edge scrolling (scrolling on the edge sides, like in windows).

The attached kext file should be placed into the ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ folder.

The configuration is done by opening System Preferences / Keyboard & Mouse:

"Use two fingers to scroll" will enable vertical edge scrolling.

"Allow horizontal scrolling" will also enable horizontal scrolling (on the bottom of the pad).

"Scrolling Speed" does exactly what the names say: regulate the horizontal and vertical scrolling speed.

Interesting features to be implemented (don't know if i'll implement them):

- Angle-tapping (can simulate the click on the up/down buttons of a scrollbar)

- Automatic edge scrolling activation (ie: use the entire pad area when the cursor is already moving)

NOTE:

- On first load, you should regulate the tracking speed and enable the tapping by unchecking and checking "Clicking" under the trackpad gestures.

- I don't think "Trackpad Options" works, so don't blame me if they don't work :huh:

- I've also attached the source code, if someone would like to do some mod...

ALSO NOTE:

I will not provide support (this include email, forum, pm's) for those source nor for the kext.

Regards, Domenico.

Sources: http://www.medevil.it/files/ApplePS2Trackpad-9.sources.zip

Kext only: http://www.medevil.it/files/ApplePS2Trackpad.kext.zip

Something wrong with the file download? I could not take it too. got an error:

Board Message

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

Hi, does this driver support "right" click tapping with 2 fingers (like in true macbooks)?

Thanks

Mal

No, sorry... the only supported thing are edge scrolling (on the right side for the vertical, on the bottom for the horizontal).

Like i said before, this one works like the synaptic driver in windows, so if you want the "2-fingers" features, why don't you buy a "true macbook" instead? ;)

Regards, Domenico.

Hi all

been trying this driver on my dell latitude d600 using 10.4.8.. after installing the ALPS driver, my trackpad won't work anymore.. I have replace the ApplePS2Trackpad.kext with my original.

any news on implementing this in Dell D600.. from fresh install I already can tap-drag, and I'm not sure if I have synaptic or ALPS..

Hi all, I was working on the alps source-code to implement native edge scrolling (scrolling on the edge sides, like in windows).

The attached kext file should be placed into the ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ folder.

Do I need to install FFscroll driver? or just simply copy the kext to plugin folder like you said?

I did copy it change owner, permission, restart, not thing happend (there is no 2finger option in keyboard/mouse property).

this work for me, but if i go in the system preferences, i do not have 'trakpad' options anymore.

and everytime i log in, it says that an extensions [the extension i downloaded from this topic] was not installed properly.

any idea?

MJ

Fix permissions and remove the extensions.mkext

No, sorry... the only supported thing are edge scrolling (on the right side for the vertical, on the bottom for the horizontal).

Like i said before, this one works like the synaptic driver in windows, so if you want the "2-fingers" features, why don't you buy a "true macbook" instead? :D

Regards, Domenico.

Maybe you should buy that computer since you seem to have all the answers?

Why would he? His is probably working the way he wants it (as is mine - thanks to his kext).

Seriously - getting bitchy with people who are helping you by providing FREE resources is... well... __________

-Daniel

I didn't mean to be the "all the answers"-man.

I just modified the sources to work in the way i want and though i have to share them with the community...

Again, i'm sorry... next time i'll try to use the [ironic][/ironic] tags -_-

Regards,

Domenico.