What do YOU do in OS X?

41 posts in this topic

i frequently get BORED on Macs. I do what I need to (write a paper, check the email, browse feed) then pretty much shut down. I used to play solitare on PCs, but I hate chess so nothing to play for free xcept dashboard widgets. I'd make movies, but I don't have a digital video camera.

For me: Final Cut Pro, Photoshop CS3, Microsoft Office (I know), Keynote, Pages, Adium, AppZapper, Illustrator CS3, Dashboard, Schoolhouse 2 (awesome free academic organizer app), QuickSilver, ITunes.

Have you tried Transmission? I think it's probably the best OSX app that can compare to uTorrent.

As for me I do everything in OSX: browsing, email, IM, school work, programming, pic/music/video editing, a little gaming, rip/burn dvds/cds, listening to/syncing music with my ipod.

Transmission looks really good. It reminds me of xTorrent which I loved. The only thing that troubles me with these OSX torrent clients is that I can't find one that will let me select which files I want to download from a torrent. The only one that seems to let me do this is Azureus. There are too many times that I want to download something and it's embedded in a multi GB torrent download package. I'm not going to download 2GB of files when I just need a 4MB app. Can transmission let me choose which files I want to download?

Web / Email (Safari and Mail)

Chat (Adium and Skype)

Music (iTunes)

Music Creation (Garage Band, Logic Pro, Soundtrack Pro, Audacity)

Photo Editing / Catalogging (iPhoto, Aperture, and Photoshop CS3)

Video Editing (Final Cut Pro)

Video Watching (Quicktime, VLC)

Websites (iWeb)

Programming (XCode, Eclipse)

Word Processing (Microsoft Office)

FTP (Fetch)

Torrents (Transmission)

Yes... I do most of these things everyday.

Transmission looks really good. It reminds me of xTorrent which I loved. The only thing that troubles me with these OSX torrent clients is that I can't find one that will let me select which files I want to download from a torrent. The only one that seems to let me do this is Azureus. There are too many times that I want to download something and it's embedded in a multi GB torrent download package. I'm not going to download 2GB of files when I just need a 4MB app. Can transmission let me choose which files I want to download?

No, I wish. Azereus might be the only one on OSX that can do that.

• 2 weeks later...

Web/Email: FireFox/Safari/FireBird

Chat: Adium/Protues

Irc:Snak

Decompressing/Compressing: Stufit and RAR EXPANDER

Music: Itunes

Security: Peer Guradian

Photoshop CS 3

Games:D00m 3, Age of Empires 3, Prey.

Word: NeoOffice

Muliti Desktop:VirtueDesktop

I use OS X as my primary OS.

That means I:

- Code in Eclipse

- Design in Flash and Fireworks

- Create websites in Dreamweaver

- Browse the web with Firefox

- Email with Thunderbird

- Chat with Adium

- Download .torrents with Azureus

- Write papers/documentation in the MS Office suite.

The only time I have to boot into Vista is to play games, really.