Are Apple Users Stupid?

sHARD>>

77 posts in this topic

Most Apple users here are not stupid, far from it: many of us don't buy the OS or even apps...

(Personally I prefer to donate my money to worthy projects or individuals)

And we refuse to buy overpriced hardware which can't be upgraded. I agree both with McSkywalker and bofors, what they say is not that different: "an expandable mid-range mac" and "a Conroe based mid-tower " are very similar concepts...

The ones who disagree with us are "in love of Steve Jobs and his overpriced products" (Zealot)

Most Apple users here are not stupid, far from it: many of us don't buy the OS or even apps...

(Personally I prefer to donate my money to worthy projects or individuals)

And we refuse to buy overpriced hardware which can't be upgraded. I agree both with McSkywalker and bofors, what they say is not that different: "an expandable mid-range mac" and "a Conroe based mid-tower " are very similar concepts...

The ones who disagree with us are "in love of Steve Jobs and his overpriced products" (Zealot)

you can add me to your list of people who agree :P and good post.

and Alessandro17, you exposed his minor flaw :D

Most Apple users here are not stupid, far from it...

If one actually did a scientific study of OS users, I am sure that the IQ of the average OS X or Linux user would be significantly higher than that for Windows. This is true for some obvious reasons. First of all the average Windows user IQ should approach 100, that is the mean of population, simply because it is what the vast majority of people use. Now, I could make a few different arguments about why OS X (or Mac) users are smarter, but I will focus on two.

First, Apple has traditionally had a strong academic base (as opposed to a weak corportate one). The largest Mac computer sites have been universities (consider Virgina Tech's "Big Mac" Xserve supercomputer for a popular example). Smarter people go farther in school in general and much more likely to be Mac users than the rest of the population. It is very easy to correlate education with IQ. Second, Macs have also been more expensive than PCs in general. Again, it is very easy to correlate wealth with IQ. Strictly on the basis of economics, we should expect Mac users to be smarter.

Linux users may on the average be the smartest (depending on exactly how IQ is measured). I think is obvious given the amount of tinkering and such required to run Linux. In short, to get into Linux you have to be a geek and geeks have high IQs.

<<sHARD, after pondering on this for a while, (im an apple hater.... get over it) but this stuff is around for all the oss, especially windows, heck there are people on windows (the os i currently use, dont flame me please) who pay the virus fake "warning your computer is infected with : lists fake and serious looking infections " but really all its infected with is that fake warning and the program that installed its self there thinking its real, but as they say theres a sucker born every minute. What you should be saying is that wow, people who were stupid enough to pay for probable vapourware, possible phishing, probably a scam, person who made a video, program are f***ing stupid, witch they probably are.... and when the credit card bill comes back saying that program maxed out the credit card because you just gave him your #s and everything, then your a total f***ing idiot, but even me, the apple hating person in this group.... thinks that that was a little silly, basically what you said (or how it looks) is : "apple users are stupid because someone may be trying to scam people with a video and a flashy website." please clarify if im incorrect.

kudos for this post...I thought for a while this place was 100% anal about {censored} including flaming and words suchs as f*** and vomited anal tract...thanks.

users I've met...

-Use everything including Macs

-Neighbor bought Mac -- must buy Mac -- Macs are intuitive

*Big f*** YOU to maxosxhints*

Windows/OSX and dogs pissing on the rug scenario --and their owners...

XP user ..."i figured that was going to happen" ::shrug::

Apple user..."Who's a good boy!"

only some mac users are stupid

Yea, but this is becoming a stupid discussion, because there are stupid people who use any and every os that has been released to the public....

and powrslave, i hope none of that was aimed at me (the big F you.... ) and i love the dog analogy, its quite funny, but i must ask, what os do you use, it seems (like me) you use xp, or some sort of *nix because you never said anything bad about them... just curious. :pirate2: and dont you love how f*** got ***'d out, and please dont start flaming (just a request from me), no one likes it, if you disagree or dislike (or hate, like me & osx) dont just say you hate it, it makes you look like an idiot, say why, because then it gives your post some meat, and facts and doesnt make you look like an idiot... and why are you stereotyping this website, i have never and will never use or own a mac (other than if i have to, or when im waiting for 2 hours at the apple store to have the idiot at the genius bar tell me its broken... as if i didnt all ready know.)

oh, and if you wernt using my name in that, i googled it to see what it was and it seems as though you were refering to maCosxhints . com?

this thread is steadily rolling downhill into the flamewar {censored}pile, and id love to sit here and flame the osx users taht i hate (no not the majority, just a fiew zealot ones that think every one should be forced to use osx and that your uncool if you dont, guess what, i dont give a {censored}, you can like osx, and i can like, or use, windows, i made that stupid post once before on osx viri) fanboys, its an OPINION, no one will ever prove the other one wrong, EVER, so dont even try, and idc what side your on. i have a bad feeling that instead of pissing on the kindling, i may be pouring gas on, sorry admins/mods if so.... but thats what i had to say, and if it starts some flames id be more than happy to delete it upon your request.

users I've met...

-Use everything including Macs

Well this part is certainly true, unlike other Mac sites you are going to some other perspectives here.

Then again this place seems to be dominated by twelve year olds, I sure am glad that I am thirteen now.

Guest bikedude880

Wow... I could've sworn it was possible to say something without swearing... then again, I also thought it was possible for... aw forget it.

Sheesh, people read things literally. This was more like that nightly news (nightly news is terrible by the way) segment, The Fleecing of America. The question here is, are Apple users stupid enough to fall for this {censored}? My answer was "I hope to hell not". Because what people have done in the past has indicated that some users just might (and I mean technies, not the common man). So are they?

On an unrelated note, pompus {censored}s make me angry, so I was also expressing my vast hate towards this applications creators. I think it was expressed well (language is a form of expression, more angry language expresses more anger...sometimes people think it's crude, but I don't use language the same as say, a raving drunk might.)

Sheesh, people read things literally. This was more like that nightly news (nightly news is terrible by the way) segment, The Fleecing of America. The question here is, are Apple users stupid enough to fall for this {censored}? My answer was "I hope to hell not". Because what people have done in the past has indicated that some users just might (and I mean technies, not the common man). So are they?

On an unrelated note, pompus {censored}s make me angry, so I was also expressing my vast hate towards this applications creators. I think it was expressed well (language is a form of expression, more angry language expresses more anger...sometimes people think it's crude, but I don't use language the same as say, a raving drunk might.)

if ya put it that way id totally have to agree :wacko: and, emm... im sure at least one person will fall for it.... but not so many......

"Are Apple Users Stupid?"

Of course they are, they're human.

But this applies to all of us, not just those that pay premium prices for Apple just because "it's cool."

Read that again if you have to because it's an extremely important point, and it goes directly towards the belief that Apple users are stupid.

As I've said before, I've owned Macs, 4 of 'em in as many months, so yeah, I'm stupid. But I got smart because they ain't all that, and they have problems, and they crash, and that's with using the default built in apps not third party ones, and... oh hell I could go on all night ragging the damned things. Suffice to say I had more problems with 4 real Macs in 3 months than I've had with 300+ PCs of various makes and models over the past 5 years.

Hell, my Dell Inspiron 4150 laptop (5 years old) can run OSx86 better than any of the 4 real Macs I owned recently could... figure that one out. Now, my case might be unusual since I'm harder on computers than most any of you people - including all the developers working on OSx86 since its inception - so all I can say with real Macs is: I am simply underwhelmed and not impressed.

I had high hopes for owning them, I really did. I had a black MacBook, took it back for various issues. Replaced it with a 15" MacBook Pro, returned it for various reasons (the CD/DVD drive is {censored} and everyone knows it, it's too hot - this was a 1st gen MBP - etc). Got not 1 but 2 20" iMac Core 2 Duo machines and had them for about a month. The Wife couldn't play her Harry Potter DVDs (the real retail discs) without having multiple crashes of DVD Player; I had issues with iTunes and a multitude of others.

It's easy for Apple to create a commercial that blasts Windows (even though they say "PC" everyone knows they mean Windows) and say "We're better" but for every point they like to preach I'll blow a hole in their arguments a mile wide and drive a battleship through it.

So, in the long run the answer to "Are Apple Users Stupid?" is a resounding yes, because most if not all of them get sucked into the Apple marketing machine and get lost in the shuffle (no pun intended).

Are Windows users stupid? Of course we are, but... that's a topic for another thread...

• 2 weeks later...
If you want to {censored} about Apple's current Mac line, do it right. It is just absurd that they do not offer a Conroe based mid-tower (yet). That should should be the center of the line, not the "missing link".

Agree 100%

Why should I have to chose between an overpowered/overpriced (for me) Mac Pro or getting rid of my perfectly fine, new large screen LCD in lue of an iMac?

Apple, you have a hardware sale in the wings when you correct this situation.

"Are Apple Users Stupid?"

Of course they are, they're human.

But this applies to all of us, not just those that pay premium prices for Apple just because "it's cool."

Read that again if you have to because it's an extremely important point, and it goes directly towards the belief that Apple users are stupid.

As I've said before, I've owned Macs, 4 of 'em in as many months, so yeah, I'm stupid. But I got smart because they ain't all that, and they have problems, and they crash, and that's with using the default built in apps not third party ones, and... oh hell I could go on all night ragging the damned things. Suffice to say I had more problems with 4 real Macs in 3 months than I've had with 300+ PCs of various makes and models over the past 5 years.

Hell, my Dell Inspiron 4150 laptop (5 years old) can run OSx86 better than any of the 4 real Macs I owned recently could... figure that one out. Now, my case might be unusual since I'm harder on computers than most any of you people - including all the developers working on OSx86 since its inception - so all I can say with real Macs is: I am simply underwhelmed and not impressed.

I had high hopes for owning them, I really did. I had a black MacBook, took it back for various issues. Replaced it with a 15" MacBook Pro, returned it for various reasons (the CD/DVD drive is {censored} and everyone knows it, it's too hot - this was a 1st gen MBP - etc). Got not 1 but 2 20" iMac Core 2 Duo machines and had them for about a month. The Wife couldn't play her Harry Potter DVDs (the real retail discs) without having multiple crashes of DVD Player; I had issues with iTunes and a multitude of others.

It's easy for Apple to create a commercial that blasts Windows (even though they say "PC" everyone knows they mean Windows) and say "We're better" but for every point they like to preach I'll blow a hole in their arguments a mile wide and drive a battleship through it.

So, in the long run the answer to "Are Apple Users Stupid?" is a resounding yes, because most if not all of them get sucked into the Apple marketing machine and get lost in the shuffle (no pun intended).

Are Windows users stupid? Of course we are, but... that's a topic for another thread...

nice posts dude..everyone shouldn't get sucked to anything.period..

people really do take a thread like this way too seriosly. no one seems to have a sence of humur. it's just one little joke thread!!!

humur? and you wonder how i am getting better grades then u

I'm not a real Mac user, just a "Hack" user. Do I think I am stupid? No but please would everyone type slower, I can;t read so fast. I did learn real good at school too. I liked 3rd grade so much, I did it four times. Now don;t go calling me stupid, I ain;t that smart.