Intel Wireless driver

jalavoui

3,992 posts in this topic

Just tried the 4965 drivers with mac.nub's Tiger install, and it won't let me boot into OSX anymore. Battery is about to die, or I'd try to uninstall them and see what happens. Also, I'll definitely get the logging going to help get this baby done. I would LOVE 4965 wireless on Tiger.

iwi2200 rel 550

fixed a memory leak that gives a kp. i get this bug while downloading a cd img in a samba share.

i haven't tested this in wep - let me know if it works

the tx speed is still very slow - when this is fixed maybe the driver can be as fast as in windows/linux

http://code.google.com/p/iwidarwin/

iwi2200 rel 547

fix a bug when using samba/afp sharing. this version as faster rx speed.

there's a bug that makes tx perform very slow - i'm trying to figure it out

when the driver starts tx packet it doesn't keep a stable speed - if anyone know why this happen please let me know

iwi3945 rel 548

iwi4965 rel 549

firmware fixes

J

I install 4965 on Lep and cant boot into?

Is there any solution

really appriciate for your help

Will you be trying to work on that driver at all before you get the card/laptop?

i've posted a new version for iwi3945/4965 - check previous posts

i can use people posting logs so i can try to make it work

at this time i don't have the hardware to make this drivers work, i'll just keep trying

iwi2200 rel 550

jalavoui, you are da man! Thx again for the work on this. We are getting closer and closer, I wish I had more of a programming concept background than sys admin so I could offer some worthwhile advice for TX speed. It is fun to always give your latest version a try though. Keep up the great work.

And if I may give one brief opinion, let's not be TOO hard on the people that aren't able to read through all 190 pages of this forum and are a little behind with their questions/knowledge. I don't blame our newest guests for asking a refresher question (as long as it hasn't been directly addressed on the last page or two), it ultiamtely will keep us honest and all up to date on the current status of the project.

Cheers to all the macaholics, and thanks again to all those involved in making the free osx world a little happier for the rest of us.

-@irBOrNE

I really don't want to sound presumptuous, since I haven't had much to do with this project yet except mourning a lack of working 3945abg drivers, but are you (jalavoui) going to buy a 3945abg with the donated money? They go for ~$15-$20 shipped on eBay. It seems as though actually using the card to develop a practical driver would expediate the development process dramatically.

Thanks for all the hard work, though! I look forward to the day I finally get some internet with this godforsaken chip.

I really don't want to sound presumptuous, since I haven't had much to do with this project yet except mourning a lack of working 3945abg drivers, but are you (jalavoui) going to buy a 3945abg with the donated money? They go for ~$15-$20 shipped on eBay. It seems as though actually using the card to develop a practical driver would expediate the development process dramatically.

Thanks for all the hard work, though! I look forward to the day I finally get some internet with this godforsaken chip.

3945ABG's are Mini PCIE cards.

His laptop has a Mini PCI slot. See a problem there?

Its not that he doesn't have the money for the card, it's that he doesn't have the money for a new laptop in which he could use the card. This has been stated before.

3945ABG's are Mini PCIE cards.

His laptop has a Mini PCI slot. See a problem there?

Its not that he doesn't have the money for the card, it's that he doesn't have the money for a new laptop in which he could use the card. This has been stated before.

Gotcha, thanks for clarifying :)

In that case, I'm glad to help however I can!

I installed this on Leo :) ..now i get Kernel Panic while Booting..

how can i access the filesystem with write access to remove the driver ?

don't wanna reinstall again :)

You can either reboot in single user mode (-s), do a "mount -uw /", and then "rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/iwi3945.kext" (or whatever driver you've installed), then "logout", or if you can't start in single user mode, boot off the CD and open the Terminal. Your hard drive should be mounted under /Volumes/.

Hi! I haven't found nothing about using encryption keys-protected networks with iwi2200...

Here is my problem :

1 - I installed the drivers with no remarkable problems (on an Acer 2012WmLi, with Intel BG2200 wireless controller).

2 - the graphic network selector app provided with drivers shows some networks in range

3 - I select mine (a set-up box from "Orange", french internet provider)

4 - It tries to connect and then comes back to network detection then networks list... I am not connected... :)

My network is WEP-protected, and I couldn't figure out where to set this up. I'd say the problem is there. Is there a way? Is it not implemented int this driver version? am I dull?

Thanks for the job anyway, and for help.

You can either reboot in single user mode (-s), do a "mount -uw /", and then "rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/iwi3945.kext" (or whatever driver you've installed), then "logout", or if you can't start in single user mode, boot off the CD and open the Terminal. Your hard drive should be mounted under /Volumes/.

Yay thanx :ninja:

Hi! I haven't found nothing about using encryption keys-protected networks with iwi2200...

My network is WEP-protected, and I couldn't figure out where to set this up. I'd say the problem is there. Is there a way? Is it not implemented int this driver version? am I dull?

Thanks for the job anyway, and for help.

Hi Bobbs, I am using iwi2200 on my 128-bit WEP network now on revision 550 (make sure you grab the SVN latest), and it is working for me. In the network selector, once I select my network, a pop-up dialog box appears and asks me for the WEP password. I have found that I MUST put in the full HEX password for it to work with the colons (AB:12:................). Was as simple as that for me. If it just brings you back to the network selection list, that means it's not connecting and something else must be causing the problem on your end (since driver is working for others as you will see in above posts).

Hey guys,

I installed Rev 550 for my Intel Pro Wireless 2200BG. I found it did not work with WEP enabled and gave the error "no internet connection!". However, after disabling WEP it did "work". The speed was incredibly slow when loading pages and 9 out of 10 times failed to load. Any idea's on what I can do to speed it up and how to use it with WEP enabled? Thanks!

Ushir

Hi Bobbs, I am using iwi2200 on my 128-bit WEP network now on revision 550 (make sure you grab the SVN latest), and it is working for me. In the network selector, once I select my network, a pop-up dialog box appears and asks me for the WEP password. I have found that I MUST put in the full HEX password for it to work with the colons (AB:12:................). Was as simple as that for me. If it just brings you back to the network selection list, that means it's not connecting and something else must be causing the problem on your end (since driver is working for others as you will see in above posts).

Ok, thanks... after a few tests, seems that my wl card itself doesn't work properly, since I have trouble on my 3 OSes... I'll try & go troubleshooting hardware first ^^.

Anyway, thanks for the reply, & Jalavoui, great work!

Is iwi3945 rel 548 now working? Or which wireless card is recomenden for HP Pavilion(PCI-e)?
Well, I think you can't change your pci-e card... I contacted hp 1 month ago to know which card could work on my laptop (hp dv5245ea)... According to them, my laptop doesn't have a pci-e card !!! :D But it does, I saw it !!

So, y retried to contact them by mail and thez send to me a list of card which work... But, they aren't selled any more !!

Some pci-e cards exists but you can't plug them in your hp laptop because the bios has a damn security which "prevent" non hp-cards installation.

So, if you would like to have a fully fonctional wifi connexion quickly, you should buy a wifi dongle with a chipset which is not 2200/3945/4965 chipset :D